Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
As we wait for about 2 more hours, here's to the experience many of us lived with at launch and assuredly won't get with Stormblood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU44zSlJQag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I know this is an unpopular opinion but before we say anything is unmitigated poo poo, why not wait until the servers are up to, you know, actually see how the changes play? This is coming from a SMN/SCH main too.

We have a whole ten more levels too, it's possible if that things are poo poo they'll be adjusted before the small differences between tanks and healers are relevant in savage or whatever. FFXIV has never been a game where minor imbalances make jobs completely unusable for anything.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
They better get this poo poo fixed by tonight because gently caress if I'm standing in line in a goddamn video game.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Kortel posted:

I for one welcome the 3 Redmage 1 Scholar (me) PotD runs. Things die so fast. Monsters and players.

2 SAM, 2 RDM mostly for me. When I'm not crashing out that is. Oh well, at least it works sometimes?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
LFG.jpg

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I'm convinced that everyone who loves FFXI-style mechanics never actually played the game when it was "hard" and came in after they had started changing things. I played for 7+ years at it's height (Launch and CoP et. al.)and god loving drat do I never ever want to see any of that poo poo ever again. Some of my best video game memories are from that dumb loving game but I'd rather slam my genitals in a car door than play it straight up again.

That said, if I start seeing fights where you have to stack RDMs to use one specific ability, quests where you have to conga line up a mountain on a tiny switchbacky path that you could easily fall off of and GOD drat JOHN IF YOU FALL OFF AGAIN WE ARE LEAVING YOU BEHIND, and areas that are multi-level teleporter mazes from hell filled with boss-level mobs, I'm totally done.

Stop listening to that one rear end in a top hat Yoshida!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

mightygerm posted:

Lmao apparently dying at level 6+ makes you lose thousands of exp.

Yes, exp loss, the best mechanic ever. What exactly was their goal with this "content?"

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Not being able to queue higher than 30 is pretty dumb though. If I want to punch myself in the balls, let me, game!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Rathalos EX is exactly as painful as the details made it sound. :shepicide:

I'm wondering if they made his normal moves any slower due to no dodge roll. I know there's no tells for most of them, what else is crazy?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Rathalos regular was everything I was hoping it would be. Only disappointment was not using the actual tail cutting animation.

Now to get my poo poo pushed directly in by Rath EX.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Watching groups trying to do AV is absolutely hilarious. I especially love that apparently to seal one of his abilities, you need to find a secret portal in the instance that spawns a special FATE *outside* the instance, that the people outside in Hydatos have to kill for you to seal the ability. Can't wait to see the rest!

:discourse:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Thundarr posted:

"Spawn content for unrelated parties to complete so that you can do your content that said other parties don't get to participate in" is a very circa 2000 MMO idea yes.

It all feels like "So you said you wanted real, vintage FFXI right? Well don't say we didn't warn you!" Now they just have to keep changing the boss up every time someone beats it. Or make the mechanics rotate every few days or something. That has precedent, I remember a maze in FFXI that changed shape based on the day of the week or moon phase or something.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Yoshi-P looks older and older every time I watch one of these.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
This is starting out well. Also I think Hrothgar need more differentiation from Roegadyn. :( I thought that was just a Roe dancer.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
AV guy's life is not going to be pleasant after this. I wonder what they aren't translating!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Obligatory:

Viera sure have some really bitchy looking options!

The job actions particle effect trailer really did not help my choice of main for this expansion. :(

I do have to commend the music as always though, especially the second tune in the trailer. Very nice. This is consistently the only MMO where I don't turn off the music.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Hmm, had to use Google translate, but it looks like they are trying some RNG mitigation stuff for drops in the new raids. Apparently accessory "boxes" and weapon "boxes" drop and you get rewards for what job you are when you open it? Not sure with the janky translation but that might be nice. Also something about getting multiple weapons per week?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Kurieg posted:

And if I'm reading this right, the extreme/Savage versions will just be your delusional remembrances of how hard you thought the fight was.

That's awesome. If that worked for all fights, Titan savage/extreme would be absolutely impossible for a lot of people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Givin posted:

The world isn't ready for a drakengard story raid.

The world may not be ready, but I am. Sock it to me, let's get weird, etc.