Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Ethiser posted:

As someone who likes beast races I’m pretty bummed that they just made another cat person. They should have made the lizard or pig race from XII since they were already using the bunnies.

maybe im just still mad about no male viera but the "we wanted to make a beastly race" excuse is so lame when they still went with super humanoid proportions instead of actually looking like the ronso from ffx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

queeb posted:

smn losing the tank pet sucks, since you gonna get beat on a ton when leveling. probably not as annoying as blm since smn has a ton of instants too but still.

The Titan egi still exists. It just won't pull emnity anymore. Instead it'll make a barrier which will help a little. Though really, after a while it's faster to just dps everything down rather than letting titan distract things. Summons being instant means you could take advantage of both now too by just putting shields up and switching to dps pet.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 26, 2019

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

somepartsareme posted:

maybe im just still mad about no male viera but the "we wanted to make a beastly race" excuse is so lame when they still went with super humanoid proportions instead of actually looking like the ronso from ffx

Imagine the problems hrothgar have with helmets but for every piece of equipment in the game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Burnt Poffin posted:

No... and having just checked the wiki on it, I see what purpose she serves.

Odd that all the information about what exactly happened during the opening cutscene is never explained at any point in the main story.
In one way the Coil plot is kind of just the final wrap up for 1.x, it mostly deals with the fate of the two biggest characters of that arc, Nael and Louisoix, in a way that kind of assumes that you already know why they were important. And then at the end they wrap the final bow on 1.x by saying "okay we can never tell anyone what the gently caress happened here". So I think it kinda makes sense as something you have to seek out, because not everyone really needs that information and it doesn't have much relevance on what's happening post-calamity.

As someone that didn't do Coil until way after it was current though, I sure didn't give a poo poo about Alisaie until I went through it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
A lot of the raid or trial lines are directly related to the MSQ, but entirely optional. Coil, which like snail said is a 1.0 resolution, but then you also have the Warring Triad and Omega directly branching off of MSQ relevant plots.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Ethiser posted:

As someone who likes beast races I’m pretty bummed that they just made another cat person. They should have made the lizard or pig race from XII since they were already using the bunnies.

For obvious reasons, I would be all over a badass looking pig race.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

A lot of the raid or trial lines are directly related to the MSQ, but entirely optional. Coil, which like snail said is a 1.0 resolution, but then you also have the Warring Triad and Omega directly branching off of MSQ relevant plots.

They're also the things that make 2.x feel nicer to go through, cause if you're queuing for Coil and Crystal Tower (also all those lvl 50 side-dungeons), you're gonna notice the long stretches of 2.x less. Also cause doing Coil before HW just feels good since Alisaie showing up to bail you out feels a lot more like her returning the favor for Coil rather than just feeling outta nowhere.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Also if you did Coil she acknowledges it in HW, which is rad

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cabbit posted:

a.) This is a silly idea and b.) if ninja were going to be rolled on to anything, it should be aiming because they all use dexterity as their primary stats.

Also it's hard enough trying to find good samurai aesthetic stuff in the tide of monk gear, having to swim through ninja stuff as well would make it even worse.

Ninjas using dex as their main stat was a huge mistake. At the time it was because bard was literally the only class to use dex, but they were about to add machinist anyway and it looks really silly that one of the melee classes uses a completely different stat for no reason.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hmm...should I bother doing my custom deliveries this week for exp or yellow scrip? I have the yellow scrip tools for all my 70 crafters, but not my soon to be 70 ltw. But on the other hand just getting more of a push for a class would be nice.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just wanted to say that I’m so loving glad FFXIV doesn’t have PTRs or beta servers.

I think one of the things that most excites me about this expansion is how we know so loving little about the story. I feel like with both HW/SB, you could make some easy guesses at where the story would go. There were certainly surprises with both, but I feel like each expansion’s story was not too far from what people expected. With Shadowbringers, I feel like we know so loving little about the expansion. YoshiP and the team have kept their cards close to their chest with this one. Any guesses for how this goes are just me taking shots in the dark. Basically - I have WAY more questions going into Shadowbringers than the past two expansions and that is exciting as gently caress.

Basically:

I AM EXCITED FOR FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE: SHADOWBRINGERS

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fister Roboto posted:

Ninjas using dex as their main stat was a huge mistake. At the time it was because bard was literally the only class to use dex, but they were about to add machinist anyway and it looks really silly that one of the melee classes uses a completely different stat for no reason.

Sillier than it would be to have ninjas wearing so much strength-boosting gear that they could probably bench press a boulder? The aesthetics of it are all wrong.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 26, 2019

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Postin my catte now that i have a photo studio setup in game.

Super excited for Shb....

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I've finally caved and decided to play...where do I download this game after I've purchased it?

I did eventually find it, but it took me a good 20 minutes and a trip to Reddit, where they have a link to download the sidebar.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Sillier than it would be to have ninjas wearing so much strength-boosting gear that they could probably bench press a boulder? The aesthetics of it are all wrong.

Stats don't change your character's appearance just fyi.

e: It's a lot more elegant for strength to be the melee stat and dex to be the ranged stat. Right now it's "str is the melee stat except for ninjas, dex is the ranged stat but also the melee stat for ninjas" which is just clunky.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 26, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

I've finally caved and decided to play...where do I download this game after I've purchased it?

I did eventually find it, but it took me a good 20 minutes and a trip to Reddit, where they have a link to download the sidebar.

oh man yeah i've had to fuckin google for it specifically every single time i've come back to this game. i have no idea why it's a separate page that none of their other pages link to anywhere.

it's here btw https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ninjas are already nearly limited to their AFs if they want to look like a ninja.

Sticking them with striking really wouldn't help that.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Kerrzhe posted:

oh man yeah i've had to fuckin google for it specifically every single time i've come back to this game. i have no idea why it's a separate page that none of their other pages link to anywhere.

it's here btw https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Thank you. I also extremely loved the three different Square Enix websites I had to navigate through to figure out which version I should get, where to buy, where to link accounts, where to redeem the key, and where to download.

With that said, I'm extremely excited to play!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Marin Karin posted:

I'm an insanely anxious person, but the game eases you so well into tanking that I don't stress about it anymore. So don't worry about being rusty or anything. It even offers a tutorial (that gives you good gear) at level 15 to help you get the hang of it in a stress-free environment.

I literally came back from a 2 year break from playing and jumped on my PLD and tanked a dungeon immediately after setting up my keybinds again with no practice and tanked better than most pubbie tanks i've seen since. The floor for tanking dungeons is pretty much "has pulse" and "can hold aggro". If you can accomplish those, you can figure out how to tank virtually any content in this game.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Awesome Animals posted:

Thank you. I also extremely loved the three different Square Enix websites I had to navigate through to figure out which version I should get, where to buy, where to link accounts, where to redeem the key, and where to download.

With that said, I'm extremely excited to play!

You've already cleared the first boss. It's only up from here!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Talkc posted:

Nice job posting from The First.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

So, uh

A precedent for a rhythm-game-styled interface component is being introduced to FFXIV (as part of Dancer's main moveset)

Yoko Taro is involved in designing some raids.

I just loving realized what this means.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
We also have primitive bullet hell mechanics thanks to the Byakko fight.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Talkc posted:

If the option's available, I'd go with something light grey instead of white.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Mazed posted:

So, uh

A precedent for a rhythm-game-styled interface component is being introduced to FFXIV (as part of Dancer's main moveset)

I really hope the raids only actually start with automata and it goes to nier and then drakengard each tier.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Mazed posted:

So, uh

I, do not

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The world isn't ready for a drakengard story raid.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Givin posted:

The world may not be ready, but I am. Sock it to me, let's get weird, etc.

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

Givin posted:

:emptyquote:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Givin posted:

It's ready for a Drakengard 3 story raid, by which I mean that I want Four's outfit and will accept any shoehorned excuse for getting it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I've still got some silver chocobo feathers from when I started playing, will I be able to use these on any of the new gear that'll be available with Shadowbringers? Or is it just stuff from the prior expansion?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I. Hear. A. Sound. *vote abandon noise*

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the final final end boss of Drakengard 1 and Drakengard 3 is an extremely difficult rhythm game

Here's a youtube of Drakengard 3's final boss (nsfw kinda): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg if you miss any of the pulses, including the ones that play after the screen darkens and the final cutscene starts, you die and have to start the rhythm game over

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 26, 2019

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
I have a spare FFXIV ARR key lying around if anyone would like it. Only request is that you use me as a referrer when you sign up.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I will emphasize what has already been posted and say that these rhythm game mechanics are entirely absent from the game before the final boss and there is no indication beforehand that they will show up

yoko taro is a broken man and yearns to break you in turn

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

PBC photo session was fun and it's a fun FC, have fun with us in Shadowbringers!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So do you people actually find Yoko Taro games fun or is it just some weird death cult thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

jalapeno_dude posted:

So do you people actually find Yoko Taro games fun or is it just some weird death cult thing?

They're good games op, even if they aren't always fun.