Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please don't disrespect very good girls the MCH ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Maybe if flamethrower either gained heat significantly faster or didn't stop autoattacks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
wrong thread

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The trade off is the AST NPC crew are the single best group in the game and are actually fun and memorable so just hanging out with them is WAY better than going to a bad old dungeon with some fucker you don't like.

Better than Hilda and Rusty? UNLIKELY

Stephiviviaina I can take or leave.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 28, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Harrow posted:

Can't you just... use it? Admittedly I didn't play AST before the changes, but did clicking off the card buff give you a shorter cooldown on drawing another or something? Or is there some other reason why just using the card to get rid of it is a poor choice?

*expands bole*

I'm helping!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Arist posted:

I mean, I've wanted a way to get rid of a drawn card without Spreading or Royal Roading it since I started AST, but that doesn't seem like what we're complaining about.

You've never not been able to get rid of a drawn card?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Just save all your DPS queues for the next expansion pack which will be Dancer (Tank) and Geomancer (Healer).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Samurai where it literally says in the game "Samurai" is in uh...5, Tactics, X-2 and uh...*checks wiki* that bad monster hunter knockoff game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm gonna guess samurai is popular because shut-in nerds want to wield HANZO STEEL not because it's an iconic FF staple.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

The next healer class should be frigging Chemist. :colbert:

The AST post-60 quests are about introducing Geomancers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

They still should be Chemists. :colbert:

Sorry it will be Geomancers and their weapon will be THE BELL

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Harrow posted:

I'm sticking with caster DPS Geomancer myself with geomantic effects being like a stance system (since obviously they're not going to make your spells actually terrain-dependent).

They're already shown casting shields and saying they're the equivalent to astrologians in the game though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
When are we going to get Rostnthal's class, which is some kind of crazy war/mch hybrid that wields and axe in his left hand and a gun in his right?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

UHD posted:

I don't even care what role it has I'll play dancer in a heartbeat

It will be Disciple of the Hand and you'll have to craft new dances and busk on the streets of Ul'dah

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I will accept BLU if it can learn Cruise Chaser's Destroy The loving Floor skill.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Gotta spear yourself so you can turn Galaxy Stop Celestial Ops into a 96 second cooldown instead of 120, which basically means it comes off cd on the exact same pack of mobs in a dungeon it would've anyways. It's the best tactic.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Berserker Tank and Chocobo Knight Healer

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Please include my favorite classes Mediator (Healer) and Black Guy But His Hand Is Actually A Gun (Tank)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm surprised nobody has brought up evasion tanks yet, that's my favorite stupid suggestion.

Perhaps you'd like to hear my Gambler Tank idea where they block random amounts of damage.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There is already a class that uses time/space magic.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Reiterpallasch posted:

that solves the problem of never seeing anything other than balance, but not never seeing anything other than expanded royal road

I mean, I would go even further and suggest arrow/spear need a different royal road effect. Especially in dungeons lengthening the duration is often just like 'ok well now it's going to fall off awkwardly on the way to the next group'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Harrow posted:

How often do AoE LB3s get used, anyway? I haven't done a lot of 8-player stuff in FFXIV but in dungeons I know melee tends to get priority for who gets to LB. Are there AoE LB situations that come up in raids sometimes?

Yeah it comes up in the situation of "I hit my button first because a flying ion cannon is loving rad"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Limit breaks aren't (rightfully) credited to you in ACT so you should never use them or else you'll ruin your hot deeps.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
And beachfront tents that are stupid and you can't stand on them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Nashu

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is Menagerie Attack Tidal Wave used anywhere else in the game? Like, what a dick skill to start with there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's fully the opposite of that move though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Maguoob posted:

There is a cap on the number of enemies an ability can actually hit, and I'm certain it is less than 28.

Yeah, if you do an unsync satasha just to get your WTales checkmark real quick and run through the first area with all the little clam light things you can't actually kill them all with one move because there are too many. It also takes like 2 full seconds for an AOE to wash across the ones it does kill.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 30, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Augus posted:

FYI Satasha isnt a good dungeon to speedrun unsynced for WT. Haukke is way faster. Satasha is too spread out, just running through takes too long.

Satasha's like 3:30. How much could way faster possibly be?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
AST so you can know the thrill of Sleeve Drawing amazing combos like EWER EWER AOE and EWER SPIRE AOE and SPIRE SPIRE AOE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Rhymenoserous posted:

Some dumb teenagers on youtube tried this recently and failed.

Nice

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I got a little over half my light moisture or whatever? done today. For a weapon that I won't use that also isn't competitive. But it glows so there's that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I just want to say its super hosed up they didn't reduce the light step even though no one will be playing the content that counts towards the light step and also you're not going to get anything out of it anyways.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I have a sharingan just like my favorite anime character Basuke.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
If you hit your buttons you are in the 95th percentile of dpses.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The best part of Shatter is people (bots?) that just path at you over and over never fighting, but some people on their team don't realize that is what's happening and think 'oh man follow the guy that's going in!' and a handful of people will charge in after them and get loving melted.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Roll greed on everything and just sell it all to the acquisitions dude for seals.

Sell poetics eq too who cares.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
When are they going to let me date my Adventurer Squad/let me set up dates between my Adventurer Squad?

This is a big missed opportunity sqeenix and shipping market is huge!

Fister Roboto posted:

You have to be Sergeant 2nd Class to be able to do this unfortunately. The best way to get seals for ranking up before that is definitely supply missions.

Oh wow it's been so long I don't think I remember or ever knew that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

This guy ground to level 61 for Sirensong with the starter set doing only potd. There's no ilevel requirement.

He died to the first boss stackattack even with all 4 of us on him.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 4, 2017