Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Speaking of tanks, how are they currently? Last I heard, Warrior was in a bad state. I currently have WAR and PLD at 60 and I'm wondering if I should level DRK instead? My tank job is only really used for roulettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is the Mameshiba only from the level 70 mining venture, or can it also come from Botany or Fishing?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Isn't WOL mostly shown off as a Warrior in most trailer stuff they show up in though?

According to the trailers, he's a Warrior that becomes a Dragoon for Heavensward and then he switches to Monk either for the entirety of Stormblood or to just fight Lyse on the hand of Rhalgr.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I took aggro from the first Connola spawn in the Scathach fight as a BLM, used Lucid Dreaming to get him off, and quickly regained aggro, thereafter the main tank brought Scathach over to deal with the Connla, after which the raid promptly wiped because they were too close and I got kicked from the party for it. Never been kicked before, super fun.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
DRK... is good.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

jalapeno_dude posted:

I know this is a meme but that desynth allocation still makes me twitch. Someone made some bad decisions.

This is actually similar to how my synth allocations look. I raised CUL because of fishing, and LTW/GSM out of convenience. Can you tell me what's wrong and what I can do differently?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think the image is bad because it has four levelled desynth classes, not necessarily what classes themselves. They won be able to desynth anything high level with 4 skills.

jalapeno_dude posted:

I was mostly referring to the fact that they have four of them levelled so will need to reset one. LTW/GSM are definitely the way to go for turning dungeon drops/the random equipment your retainers bring you into gil.

Thanks, both of you! I didn't know about this at all, haha.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
A true hime haircut is my everything.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've got BRD (my main), BLM, and AST to 70. Looking for suggestions on what to take up next, pretty much everything else is at 50-60 except for DRK which is at 35.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

I should have clarified that all DoH/DoL are 70 (fisher is great tho)

Ainsley McTree posted:

Getting a tank up to 70 seems like a solid choice.

:discourse:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sarrisan posted:

people who complain about blm being hard are bad at the game hth

blm is both simple mechanically and fun at the same time. people bitch about enochian being hard but it just boils down to having a bare minimum of awareness and dealing when you need throw in an extra fire 1 occasionally. unfortunately it is a completely different class at level 60+ so lvl 20 isn’t really enough to say you’ll like it. maybe give potd a try.

I wanted to play BLM just to see if I'd like it and it ended up being my second job to 70 because it was that simple and fun, for the reasons you stated.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

4.0 Alisaie takes off with Lyse just before you fight snakemom in the MSQ

The twins are there because the scions need their cash

This does explain how Alphy could afford art school/lessons.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

FFXIV Geomancers are just White Mages in a funny hat anyway.

They are ASTs in less funny hats, this is FFXIV cannon.

(Time Mages are also ASTs but just huuuuuge dickheads.)

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

They still seem more like conjurers than ASTs to me. Mechanically they're CNJ in game which doesn't really count, but their whole deal is communing and dealing with the elemental spirits of Hingashi.

AFAIK, you only see them from the AST job quests and they flat out say AST and GEO are two sides of the same coin.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

I hope it's twice as messy as Rabanastre, because messy runs are the most fun.

:same:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

They say that but it doesn't make sense as a discipline, because they're nothing alike. The core of astromancy is attuning one's aether to the constellations, and geomancy (from the AST questline) is attuning to the aether of the elements (wind, water, and earth) while dealing with their spirits.

Two sides of the coin might be Earth (Hydaelyn) vs the heavens, but the same can be said of Gridanian conjurers.

What they mean is that the "way" they both approach and conduct their craft is similar. It's not something you see in gameplay mechanics, because it's lore.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

FWIW, most people are saying that MSQ Roulette gives half a level, if not more, even in the mid-60s, and the cutscenes auto-advance so you don't have to worry about AFKers or trolls locking the instance down. So it might still be worthwhile; fire up Netflix or something on a second monitor while Gaius YAAAARGHs at the walls.

Also, the new sweater (the one with the scarf doesn't seem to actually exist yet) makes for an excellent Basic Blue Girl glamour.

Very basic and VERY cute. Tell me more about dem shoes.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 what I have to do to utilize a pair of boots I put in the glamour chest? It seems like I have to make a plate or something... but I just want to glam these boots onto my current gear, dammit.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

Have boots and one (1) glamour prism. Open the dresser, shove boots inside. Click on the boot slot of the paperdoll on the left and select the boots you just put in, then save the plate. You can then apply this next to the gearset button and it will slap those boots over anything that can wear them.

THANK YOU. Lord I do not know why this was so tough for me.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

THE CLAW is a top tier mount

also i got a raincoat for my perfect boy

Ahhhhhhh! Rainy Chocobo!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm bummed I can't use items from the saddlebag but w/e inventory space is inventory space and I'll takes whatever I can gets.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nill posted:

I look forward to Meat Puppet Zenos showing up and not giving a poo poo about Asahi or his fanboy machinations.

This is the most likely scenario to play out, Zenos only has eyes for you anyways.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Should I be staying up until the servers are back up in hopes of relocated my private house or will only FC's get a shot at housing right now?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nice, thanks all. I'm on Ultros. Probably gonna take a nap and wake up at 1:30am PST in hopes of catching the opportunity to move my private house to Shirogane.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I got the plot I wanted, but not in the Ward I wanted, ah well. Still a win.

I thought relocation was supposed to preserve your housing layout? I relocated and it's god damned all empty and i have to redot the WHOLE layout now...

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm perfectly happy with a small cottage but I really wish you could have another 10 outdoor spaces for the yard.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Zenos and his unit are already the FF7 reference. Each Garlean commander's forces are a reference to a specific FF game. That's why Zenos is evocative of Sephiroth and why the dungeon you fight him in has the scorpion boss from FF7 in it.

According to the wiki, the Garlean Legati each have numerological motifs that represent a game in the main series:
  • Regula van Hydrus represents Final Fantasy VI, as the Legatus of the VIth legion. He is fought within the Aetherochemical Research Facility on Azys Lla, which also holds the Warring Triad, which respectively recall the Magitek Research Facility, the Floating Continent, and Final Fantasy VI's own Warring Triad.
  • Nael van Darnus represents Final Fantasy VII, as the Legatus of the VIIth legion. He is responsible for Project Meteor, a reference to Final Fantasy VII's own Meteor, which ushered in the Seventh Umbral Era. He also recreated Sephiroth's famous scene from the Nibelheim Incident.
  • Zenos yae Galvus represents Final Fantasy XII, as the Legatus of the XIIth legion. He specifically shares similarities with Vayne Carudas Solidor, both as the Emperor's son and the de facto ruler of an occupied state, and in the expansion's final battle, he harnesses a man-made version of a godly power to take on the form of a dragon, with the Echo standing in for Nethicite and Shinryu standing in for the Undying.
  • Gaius van Baelsar represents his own game Final Fantasy XIV, as the Legatus of the XIVth legion and a primary antagonist throughout both Legacy and A Realm Reborn, even featuring on the North American and European covers of A Realm Reborn.
  • It has also been said that Emperor and former High Legatus Varis zos Galvus similarly represents Final Fantasy II, as only the second Emperor of the Garlean Empire who commands his fleet from the Dreadnought Gration, recalling Final Fantasy II's Dreadnought.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vadoc posted:

Syringe firing gun arm.

The Man with the Syringe Gun.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

I once got an Enhanced Arrow as a monk and I felt like I was meeting God.

Someone gave me an Enhanced Arrow as a Samurai and I became literal Himura Kenshin.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Got my Eorzea Symphony tickets for Sat June 16th in Hollywood. Good seats too!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

I'm still really jealous that only females can use that DRK pose. I like it better than the Cloud pose.

I'll trade you for the male samurai pose.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bolow posted:

Well I'm basically done with the first floor of my small house

https://imgur.com/a/aQTOD

Now to figure out what the gently caress to do down stairs

Ward 5, Plot 51 in Shiro on Excalibur if anyone wants a first hand look

This is truly stunning! Can you tell me how you were able to place the imitation windows over the real windows on the first floor?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

Blood Augur Hex Magick

Nine-Ilm Snails

In for Garuda Awakening

Metal Gears Rising

My favorite is Big Time in Central Thanalan, where you fight Slegdehammer Beaks, because it is a Peter Gabriel reference.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I said "welcome to the bone zone" after the tank decided to tank the dragon on the middle platform and several people got mad at me (as a BLM)

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Just curious, since I haven't unlocked it yet, and I had my heart set on starting SB weapons while they are current, but can you queue through the duty finder for Eureka?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just want more outdoor item space, please yoship grant me this one request.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ok WOW that is brutal as heck

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
They are rolling back the greed-only option.

https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en/status/1004777804284608512?s=21

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
For the crafters here, I'm looking to finish spiritbonding my Ala Mhigan crafting set so I can convert them when I upgrade my gear. Are there any recipes that will increase spiritbond that I can quick synth? Stuff like Zelkova Lumber and Molybdenum Ingots don't give any increase (even with food/potion/meteor rings).

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

Make sure you've got materia in all available slots, since it increases spiritbond rate. Not sure if overmelded slots give a bonus. Even then, the rate is slow going: the post I'm looking at said that, with Potent Spiritbond HQ, the FC buff, and fully HQ gear, it took them about 198 Molybdenum Ingots (792 ore) to fully spiritbond their Ala Mhigan crafting set.

Hmmm, I have everything HQ and melded (not overmelded though) and every buff possible except the FC one. I'm about 200 ingots and 150 lumber into this endeavour and the percentage hasn't budged. What the heck? Now I'm confused and sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Trasson posted:

Content 30 item levels* or more under the equipment won't increase spiritbond. There's a site you can check for the numbers, but I'll save you the trouble: the non-book late 60s component items (Zelkova Logs, Twinthread/Cloth, etc.) are 285; 35 less than the 320 of the Ala Mhigan Gear.

You want Rhea Cloth tier stuff, which includes that plus Torreya Lumber, Chromite/Palladium Ingots, or True Griffin Leather. You'll need some good stats to be able to pull off the quick synth, and better ones to pull off the quick synth without a bunch of costly failures. Since these all require some Creation materials as well as unspoiled node materials, instead I suggest making a macro and manually crafting each one, not aiming for quality (Muscle Memory, Piece By Piece until it's not better than Careful Synthesis 3 and then enough Master's Mend/Manipulations and Careful Synthesis 3s to finish the job) and get used to clicking while reading a book or whatever.

*: For crafting this is the level of the recipe, which is usually similar but not necessarily the same as the item level of the gear produced by it or a similar recipe. Twinsilk is a level 285 recipe, while Twinsilk Suspenders are a level 290 item but a level 288 recipe.

THANK YOU! This is such an informative reply, I have really learned a lot. Time to boot up netflix while I macro-craft.