Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/cb_0_/status/1139745193333182464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

It's been a couple of years, so remind me what they did with tomestones at the start of SB. The HW shire stuff went over to Poetics, I remember, but was it both old stones that could be exchanged for Poes or just the uncapped one?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I said for the longest time that I was too attached to my character to ever fantasia but here we are now as I'm totally going to become a big lion man.

I think what helped is that Shadowbringer's premise let me make my own very loose headcanon. On the way to The First my interdimensional tour bus dropped me off at the wrong body and refused me service when I asked to go to the right stop. So I'm just in a lion man body now I guess sure why not.

I'm just going to retcon my entire character's history because burly lion is going to be my new jam. I never really had a backstory in mind for my elezen, but my helion is going to be a retired captain of the guard who lost an eye in an imperial raid. He remained on as a tactician for some time before taking to travel in his later years, ending up in Eorzea. My main classes are likely to be GNB, SCH, SAM, RDM, and MCH.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Vermain posted:

Now's probably the time to stock up on Tinker's Calm, since everyone chain running Syrcus has sent the price of Catalysts plummeting.

You can even get extra catalysts from desynthing Syrcus Tower drops! :eng101:

I'm still trying to get the full Phlegethon's set before ShB launch. I'll at least have enough mogtomes for a Pegasus by the time it drops, I think. Also... I really hope Amon's Hat is one of the 500+ head items the devs carefully crafted for Hrothgar/Viera. It's too iconic to be left behind like so many other headslot items.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Adept Nightingale posted:

I doubt it, since none of the head-covering helmets in the ShB AF gear even work. It seems almost like a stylistic choice to only let them wear circlets/glasses and the like.

A man can dream.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I liked MCH in Heavensward and did okay with it but never picked it back up in SB. I plan to probably try it from 60 at some point in Shadowbringers but likely not until I'm done the first run of the MSQ. I do want my Edgar tools though. Too bad no chainsaw with hockey mask but there's always the next expansion.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Givin posted:

Just take the MCH guns and paste the DRK blade portion on the end of it. Vola. Instant best glams. A Gatling gun of bladeswords.

Makai Hellmortar

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's pretty hilarious that this game seems to have so much power creep that when you do the quest for artifact armor they literally give you another complete set of better artifact armor on the spot. I do remember people saying the original level 50 gear they give you is no longer any good (Which is crazy because it's soooo much better than anything you get before 50). Also the best possible bow at 50 looks like some random crafted wood bow and none of this relic green blue magic stuff

Which bow are you referring to? The top-tier i135 bows that are equippable at 50 are either the Dreadwyrm Bow or the Yoichi Bow Zeta. Most people go for the Augmented Ironworks, which is i130 and looks like a massive railgun.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 20, 2019

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Bobfly posted:

The Hunt, eh. I've been doing it for 290-320, but been finding it slow on daily hunts and B-ranks. Is the A-/S-rank thing still going on? I've never really done that.

Get into a hunt linkshell and you'll find people doing hunts all the time. I've killed more S-ranks in the last month since being invited into an LS than I have in the years prior of playing.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Happened to me in Bardam's a few weeks ago. I popped it on trash as soon as we got it, tank yelled at me and said we needed it for the final boss.

I don't think you realize that saving the LB2 until the final boss is at 1% and then using it, only to have the final boss die before the LB finishes, is the 100% best way to play. :v:

The caster LB does make the wing phase of Yol easier, it's true, but you never need it. I've tanked/healed so many dungeons where I never saw either DPS fire a single limit break, even with prompting.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

For ShB prep: if I’ve done the math correctly, I believe we’ll need approximately 1160 gathering, or about 930 for fisher, and iLvl 375 for combat retainers to qualify for the level 71 exploration ventures. It seems to be about a 40% jump from X0 to X1 when it comes to DoLs and combat requires the iLvl dropped by the last dungeon.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Hundreds of players syncing attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qX02BZYCQs

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

JESUS gently caress, SE, IT IS NOW WEEK-OF. WHERE ARE THE NAMING CONVENTIONS THREADS.

I know, right? I've been waiting for the same. While scrolling though the OF I found posts that said they didn't reveal Au'ra names until the day before the race became playable.

So, I guess wait until Thursday? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Draxion posted:

why would you want a lore-compliant name when you can just call your viera Wabbit Season or whatever

If I made a bunny girl she would be called Duck Season, tyvm :colbert: