Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I still don't know if I want to just level WHM first and rip that band aid off, or level SCH and have a Good Class leveled first. I remember how painfully slow and crappy it was to level things in 3.0, and I expect a repeat of that here...

Maybe PvP experience gains will be decent and I can just half afk some frontlines between dungos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

No cleric stance is so loving amazing.

Like, I can't put into words how good it feels to refresh aero dots, regen someone, assize for full value, and then mix up stone and regen casts is to play

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Pianos and acoustic guitar are also so pleasant to hear after two years of bagpipes and organs

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

That sounds like seriously my poo poo. Can't wait.

It's so good, on top of way more mana to boot. Oh no I'm not gonna fit in Reddit's IDEAL META RAID COMP for savage mode, who gives a poo poo as long as it's fun to play

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

PvP is WAY different, but it feels pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Battlerite, like I thought it would. It gives a ton of exp too: Came in second for 600k at level 60.

Guess I'm grinding frontlines to 70 on my other jobs!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

stormblood good, qtiyd

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

This annoys me because I find MMO PvP to be literally satan but muh expeeeez :(

this is very alien from usual MMO PvP; it's more akin to Guild Wars or games like Battlerite/Bloodline Champions, in that it's PvP built from the ground up instead of trying to be PvP within the framework of the MMO

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Harrow posted:

I had no idea this was happening but you might have just sold me on it. It's pretty cool that they just built a PvP system using the various jobs as a framework instead of trying to fit what the jobs already did into a lovely PvP mode. Now I'm really going to have to give it a try.

Are there any videos of the revamped PvP yet? I'm curious to see it since I can't try yet (why didn't I just take today off :negative:)

What's sad is that some of the new mechanics are better designed in PvP than in PvE. 3 Lilies granting 50% off benediction and divine benis cooldown? gently caress yes, please.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

They also pruned a lot of poo poo I disliked from PvP. Healers can no longer raise people, so deaths and kills are both way more impactful. Healer mana actually matters and there's trade offs in taking mana regen to compensate. I haven't tried Feast yet, I'm curious how much XP it gives compared to Frontlines.

Make sure you hit up the Wolves Den pier first so you can actually set up your PvP bars/abilities/etc.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Did a Feast, got 170k exp. Worse for the time spent than a frontline, but not a bad change of pace. Would probably be a blast queueing with friends and dunking on rando pubs.

Holy poo poo is PvP intense now though. Every action feels really weighty, you actually gotta think if you need to throw that Stone and help kill a dps or throw out a cure and save your pubs. Every GCD matters.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Xyven posted:

What's looking like the fastest way to get the new classes to 60? Is it pvp/fates instead of potd?

it's literally anything except fates, probably. 10 fates is the same exp as 1 frontline... 1 frontline takes 15 minutes at most. :thunk:

don't forget your beastmen dailies

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Scholar has a mana burn in PvP

My experience with 3 years of TBC and Wrath PvP tells me that's gonna be busted as poo poo and won't last long. Guess we'll see, though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

pray return to the waking sands :getin:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bad things about Stormblood

- all NPCs refer to your character with the n-word
- extremely graphic cutscenes in which Minfilia gives birth to eggs, fetishistically
- all jobs and classes changed to Warrior, Warrior no longer able to equip weapons
- the ability you like most was removed

Good things about Stormblood
- new hats

-pvp is finally good

this could go in either list

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

So are these lines being enforced in any actual manner or is this an easy consequence-free way to piss off half the server.

the line doesn't do anything except if you're standing in it you're not clicking an npc vainly hoping to get in. neither one is a solution to the problem.

since DRs have died thanks to the new DPS, right now: you either level a tank/healer in dungeons, check out pvp, or do potd.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ishin posted:

In the patch notes it mentioned merchants selling lvl 50 gear were added to the starting cities, I can't find them in Ul'dah. someone help my dumbass please.

someone said the merchants in heavensward sell them. presumably at the jeweled crozier.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the servers in general don't seem to be holding up well. raubahn's wall aside, people were mass disconnecting in trials and frontlines earlier as well.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

so this is what yoshi meant when he said there would be server consequences for adding more inventory space

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Either I have rose tinted glasses or heavensward's launch was so smooth it spoiled me but yeah this is pretty much the default mmo launch day expansion experience iirc

heavensward and legion were both pretty good, as far as mmo launches go.

this one's not gonna be fondly remembered. best to just sit back and crack open a cold steel with the boys

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

this cuba libre was supposed to be for ala mhigo's liberation... now I'm just enjoying it as I fight Raubahn's wall.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

This one armed man gets thousand of hot catgirls lined up
and basically, your loving retarded
HOW?....
click here to find out A system error occurred during event movement.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:perfect:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Weissritter posted:

Is it just me, or is PLD suddenly a mage killer in frontlines? Holy spirit causing 2 seconds of silence is hilarious.

Yeah PLD's day of reckoning has come. I've gotten dunked by them a few times when I was playing summoner.

RDM, on the other hand, is a murder machine. Yeah burst a dude with dualcast! Then jump onto the caster when your melee dps gets em low and unleash the redoublement and verflare to blow poo poo up. It lacks disables, but it's straight killer for target switching thanks to dualcast.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

actually you'll find what happens is the rdm dies to me jumping on them twice and then LBing them

it's Very Cool and Good

are you a samurai, because samurai doesn't have to limit break to do limit break damage to my white mage :mrwhite:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Countblanc posted:

more accurately they know that people won't quit over this and buying additional servers specifically for ~2 weeks isn't really a great move financially

you can just rent the infrastructure from amazon at this point

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lol

i don't think I've d/ced during a queue to login before

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the sad part is that, in Warlords of Draenor, blizzard was able to hotfix disable bottleneck quests so that you could skip them until the server was working.

I don't think Squeenix has the tech to do that, so it's just hosed.

Not that it matters if you can't get past Raubahn's wall, as we approach primetime the server grows increasingly unstable and seems to be making GBS threads the bed everywhere now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Finally got past the drat instance only for work to call me in to fix things that shouldn't have been broken :mad:

Possible music spoilers: Why is the music theme in Rhalgr's Reach an instrumental version of what appears to be the Garlean National Anthem?

ala mhigo belongs to the garleans heil garland

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Frontlines give exp even if you d/c as long as you reconnect, so I'm resorting to collecting aether currents in the available zones and queueing frontlines.

Could be worse, I guess.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

red mage duel, we both displacement at the same time and then corps-a-corps at the same time and kill each other

extremely anime, extremely my poo poo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

six quests after cold steel, you get brick walled again

[21:17]A system error occurred during event movement.

seeya fuckers

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Stormblood doesn't want to play nice with me. Left side, dedicated graphics card, right side, integrated graphics.

updated drivers? problems in other games?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

I'm using a 1070 and approaching the Raubahn dogpile makes my client really unstable and it will usually crash eventually. I never had issues displaying the max number of players before 4.0 though

Instability would probably be CPU related, not GPU. My 1060 has no problems, but my CPU gets under heavy load if I go over medium character display.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

like father like son: if you get past raubahn's wall, pipin's got another one for you on the cliffside

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

is yoshida gonna cry at the next live letter

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Most recent, and no problems in other games, yes, I already checked and submitted a bug report. Alas.

RIP.

directx 9 client maybe?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Game might be hosed, but PvP has earned me a swag new healer set

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

[7:32]A system error occurred during event movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUKmq7UMJys

The Chairman posted:

At this point I've just shrugged and written it off as a lost weekend. I'm peeved at getting stuck at the wall but I'm going to just do something else until either the camel successfully squeezes through the eye of the needle or they implement actual fixes, no point in staring down the instance entrances in the meantime

What sucks is opening my friends list and seeing a few people that are past the instances, and people raving about cool Susano-o and the new areas are. :(

I wanted to relax and play vidja games, and instead I'm getting teased by a stupid quest.

Minera fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 17, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTRxOM81Bc&t=50s

nothing like cold unfeeling memes to warm my dead heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Reene posted:

Hello I have come to join you in this dead gay anime catgirl simulator. I play Johanna Nyave.

Is it worth buying one of the skip potions and if so which one do you recommend prioritizing? I am tempted to skip over ARR because holy god there is a lot of filler but the actual main story is pretty decent.

Skip ARR, do Heavensward, IMO. You'll have a solid week of content do quest through and by the time you're caught up, Stormblood should hopefully be functional.