Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Ocatamai posted:

Maybe releasing your hot new game on a Friday is not the best of ideas.

Maybe actually thinking about server load when designing your questlines would be the biggest help.

I played HW on launch day and don't recall any issues at all. This is just straight up buffoonery on their part. They also hosed up the PS4 UI and NPC text is ridiculously small, and clearly no one tested the pro mode because it makes all text tiny as poo poo and makes me wonder if they even bothered checking it or they have 80 inch tvs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'm really not liking the Dragoon changes to Geirskogul. With the simple change of making it no longer reduce the botd timer, suddenly the whole thing has no point to it. Just bake the extra damage into the jumps, turn the 4th hits into regular parts of the combos, and make Geirskogul a regular ogcd cause botd is going to have 100% uptime anyway.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I wish I had the PvP Combo buttons for casual instancing and grinding.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I see you can critical hit a direct hit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eopia posted:

I'm really not liking the Dragoon changes to Geirskogul. With the simple change of making it no longer reduce the botd timer, suddenly the whole thing has no point to it. Just bake the extra damage into the jumps, turn the 4th hits into regular parts of the combos, and make Geirskogul a regular ogcd cause botd is going to have 100% uptime anyway.

The increase/decrease got replaced with building up to an empowered Geirskogul you fire off a few times, before everything resets.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/791aac7206bf8db4b353b687c3221440dd7b8156

Congestion at the solo instance is intentional so the servers don't explode. So it's either people have endless crashes or we get line-ups spanning half of the Fringe, damned if they do and damned if they don't. Only time is gonna fix it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I finally got around to trying The Feast. It seems cool as heck. What are some basics I should know to play better? NIN if that helps.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
running neverreap for the drg gear...one guy refuses to roll on any drg gear that drops. i eat a disconnection because the servers suck. fin

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Is there a guide to red mage/samurai basics that's fairly short?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SL the Pyro posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/791aac7206bf8db4b353b687c3221440dd7b8156

Congestion at the solo instance is intentional so the servers don't explode. So it's either people have endless crashes or we get line-ups spanning half of the Fringe, damned if they do and damned if they don't. Only time is gonna fix it.

if only they could have seen this coming, such as through stress testing or knowing not to put a 1-person dungeon which takes 15-20 minutes and isn't impossible to fail at the very start of the content, but unfortunately such a thing was impossible

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Aphrodite posted:

The increase/decrease got replaced with building up to an empowered Geirskogul you fire off a few times, before everything resets.

That's only a thing at level 70 though, and even then you don't put any thought into it as that happens naturally as you use your ogcds, unless Mirage Dive reduces your timer which I don't see.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's a nice day outside so I am going to do the unthinkable and go outside on the day that a video game I want to play released

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Pray Return To The Login Screen

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Aaaand Palace of the Dead crashed, just as we were wrapping up the 59th floor. Sigh.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

I finally got around to trying The Feast. It seems cool as heck. What are some basics I should know to play better? NIN if that helps.

Pay attention to the enemy medal counts and dog pile the guys with a lot. Icons next to their name/class label represent a count thresholds. Avoid attacking people with one coin icons. Prioritize people with bags and treasure chest icons. Protect your people with the same icons.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's becoming tradition for SE to underestimate their own game's popularity.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

strong bird posted:

I will when they compensate me for the game not working

strong bird posted:

No one should chill out. The game they paid for should work

strong bird posted:

It doesn't, so no.

You sure are pissy today.

Here, I have a solution for you: if you are feeling this pissy, why don't you just start playing on Tuesday at Stormblood's official launch instead of four days early, which was a bonus, not something you paid for?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It is frustratingly endearing, isn't it?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

more accurately they know that people won't quit over this and buying additional servers specifically for ~2 weeks isn't really a great move financially

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Mordiceius posted:

Here, I have a solution for you: if you are feeling this pissy, why don't you just start playing on Tuesday at Stormblood's official launch instead of four days early, which was a bonus, not something you paid for?

As much as I think strong bird is overreacting, it's not like the servers outside of Stormblood New Stuff are terribly stable. People are getting disconnected from Palace all the time, and the dreaded 90k doesn't discriminate between Raubahn's Wild Ride or Sastasha.

Like, it doesn't bother me personally since I'm still at work, but I think it's at least a little bit fair to be upset with the general state of things.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i continue to slowly but surely acquire drg gear in this one neverreap, broken up by five-minute disconnections

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Countblanc posted:

more accurately they know that people won't quit over this and buying additional servers specifically for ~2 weeks isn't really a great move financially

2 weeks? More like 48 hours. (For the record, I'm agreeing with you post)

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

If you pre-ordered it was explicitly something you paid for.

It's OK for people to be upset about a blatantly bad design decision, on top of blatantly bad infrastructure planning.

If they don't get this fixed soon, they've hosed lots of people out of something they were promised, on top of wasting a lot of people's time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

2 weeks? More like 48 hours.

i just mean in general, this applies to things like login queues as well. this discussion came up a lot in wow as well when expansions came out

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
regardless the point is that SE isnt like, adorable, or naive, or whatever. they're a business making a decision which helps their bottom line but inconveniences customers. you can either let this bother you a lot or not bother you at all, but lets call a spade a spade

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I was whining about it in FC chat, but how come now that they've suddenly got a really cool PVP system, they no longer allow for pre-made parties in the feast?! Like, am I missing something here? It was removed in the 4.0 patch.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I paid for the game and the game should work. If you do not agree with this statement you are a retard

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Thanks Balmung.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

Yeah this is what it is, this is what happens with every MMO.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Countblanc posted:

you can just rent the infrastructure from amazon at this point

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This is a slap in the face

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

If you pre-ordered it was explicitly something you paid for.

It's OK for people to be upset about a blatantly bad design decision, on top of blatantly bad infrastructure planning.

If they don't get this fixed soon, they've hosed lots of people out of something they were promised, on top of wasting a lot of people's time.

You paid for Stormblood, a game releasing on June 20th.

A preorder bonus is explicitly that, a bonus, something extra beyond what you paid for. It is not a requirement and there is no guarantee.

Basically:

super sweet best pal posted:

Bwahahahaha! It's like all my namedays have come at once!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The Block of Ala Mhigo.
The Queue at the Little Bridge.
The Far Edge of Queue.
Queueblood. (a low-hanging fruit, but whatevs)
I Queue With You.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DC! Dying, dying electricity.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I gained half a level fishing in the river while I was in line before my server abandoned the line and just rushed Raubahn

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Pre-order codes didn't suddenly become invalid since the head start launched today right? In getting an error trying to insert the code I got from Green Man Gaming.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

You paid for Stormblood, a game releasing on June 20th.

A preorder bonus is explicitly that, a bonus, something extra beyond what you paid for. It is not a requirement and there is no guarantee.

Basically:

Why would anyone stan for a corporation this hard?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, either way, this is much worse than HW was. The game is basically unplayable if you want to do any sort of instanced content. PoTD is overloaded and kicking people left and right.

I guess if I want to try and actually get anything done, I can just try and push through the story. If it's just one instance, maybe I can get it done. It'd mean putting my SAM leveling on the back burner, but otherwise I'm just not gonna play the game until it's actually in a state to be played.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

strong bird posted:

I paid for the game and the game should work. If you do not agree with this statement you are a retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ocatamai posted:

I've been watching player search on Exodus to see how many people are getting into the new zones and about 7 players per hour average.

Which is to say that number currently stands at 59.

lmfao, so the instance is limited to roughly 1 player per server if you consider it takes 10 minutes to complete.

Sinteres posted:

Why would anyone stan for a corporation this hard?

terminal stockholm syndrome