Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Goodbye Heaven Sward. Hello Stormb Lood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Trip report from Stormblood: Roegadyn women still ugliest race/sex combo

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Went to front of the line. Clicked 3 times and got in my instance. Finished no problems.

gently caress your Trail of Tears.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Thought I'd never understand Samurai because of the ability names. 20 mins with it and I'm ready to defend glorious Nipponland with my life and honor. Kinda wish this was a tank class tho. It's very flashy and fun.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Why is everyone yelling at each other and not trying to get awesome inferno katanas from Ifrit Extreme?

Givin fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 16, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Got my flaming katana. Instantly became 110% better at being Samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsgBF7ZIsk

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Minrad posted:

Okay, I'll bite.

What other mmo expansion had 90% of the new content locked off and unplayable at launch

There needs to be a graphic like the one that used to be posted in the Steam thread showing the revolving circle of the threads life, except for this one. This topic has been visited at least three times over the last day.

Shits broke. We'll deal.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
How to SAM.
http://i.imgur.com/0qq0ydt.png

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Nevermind now I need to do some testing!

Elaborate?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Subbz posted:

Started again after quitting early during ARR release. I managed to get to 50 and get my relic+1. My next highest job is 26. Is it worth starting again? I have no clue where I am in the MSQ and I looked around and there was a ton of stuff I needed to unlock. Plus I have no idea where to go and get reacquainted with the game.

It's worth playing, but not right now. Come back in like a week or two, maybe. Or rather don't worry about doing anything super serious because odds are any dungeon/instance you try to do will crash out.

Just pick a job that you think looks cool and do it. Do FATEs, dungeons, read up on Palace of the Dead. Tons of stuff to do. You have all that main story quest done so you don't have to slog through that. There is plenty more slog to do after that without having to go through 2.0 again.

They also made this site as a basic job resource.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

Here is a cheat sheet for your hunting logs.
http://dimensionaldeath.com/index.php?page=huntinglogs

Here is a site showing all the Main Story Quests. You can find out where you are.
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Main_Scenario_Quests

Givin fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 17, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormb Lood: "how do i have enough to kaiten higanbana, use guren, and kaiten midare setsugekka"

Does the Sleipnir mount or the unicorn mount fly yet?

Givin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 18, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
/sit EX Primal

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I know it's early in the expansion, but does anyone know of a basic write up for Dark Knight? I'm tanking just fine on Paladin right now but I can't ignore how sweet that DRK armor looks and wanna get in on it. I'm having a bit of difficulty wrapping my head around the Darkside mechanic tho.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Mulva posted:

It's not that SAM is bad, it's just that RDM shoots a million anime swords and casts Holy, so there really is no contest.

SAM impales a man through the chest and pulls out the sword by placing their foot over their dying heart and pushes off.

Replace chest with crotch if you are a potato.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Leofish posted:

I'm pretty sure all PvP gear is just glamour gear now. Definitely the new stuff is.

By the way, if anyone hasn't seen it, head to Wovles' Den and check out the Stormblood Dark Knight PvP weapon.

Reminds me of old EQ Primal Velium Club monk days. S&M bat.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I'm surprised. I've only saw one person running around with a Kill Bill glamour. I figured there would be tons of "The Bride" running around. Or an army of potato Crazy 88s.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
For tanking right side gear stat choice, should I look for the +VIT or +STR variety? I do not plan on doing any content over normal from 60 onward. PLD and DRK if class matters.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Cythereal posted:

I'm leveling a conjurer as my first character planning to go white mage because I like healing and don't like queues.

I assume this Satsasha is the first dungeon, because I went through an optional series of Dungeons 101 training scenarios first. Good gear and xp for trivial challenges like "don't stand in poo poo." The instructor even bitched at me for attacking the enemy instead of just healing.

...Actually, WoW could do with completing those training scenarios without ever getting hit by the ground effects being mandatory before being allowed to raid.

Didn't see it mentioned but, those training classes are for each archtype as well. So you can do them again for a tank and melee DPS set thats equally good.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

How do I get this remarkable toy?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

FillInTheBlank posted:

I just got it from the last MSQ in patch 3.4, An Ending to Mark a New Beginning.

Oh my goodness. I've had this is my bag for like, a year and never used it.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
FuSoYa cast the first Meteo. Everyone knows that.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

this caused me physical pain

I'm more angry at the name being blacked out. Who is this ultimate warrior?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I don't stance dance as a tank and I don't feel bad at all.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Why do people rage/care about winning and losing in PVP still? The exp is the same either way, except the pvp exp which doesn't matter. The gear is useless except for glamour. If I could send comms to the team the beat our tits off in 10 mins or less at frontlines I would. I guess if you were still going for the mounts it might be a pisser.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Being the silent protag makes more sense now.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I'm hoping that the exp change to pvp they're saying is the current value is the losers share because gently caress that poo poo if you think its worth it for less. It was good but the main reason for the boom in PVP was "it's not PotD." Just have to wait and see the numbers I guess but if I had to bet they are going to set it lower for 2nd and a pittance for 3rd, especially if you get slam dunked in 5-10 mins.

This change does answer the question I had many pages back about why bother to win so there is that.

lokipunk posted:

Oh man, I just discovered PvP in this game and now they're going to tone it down xpwise? Hopefully it will still be better than PotD because randos randomly wiping on floor *9 happens just far too often.

You can always do the floor 51-60 grind over and over and over. It's not fun, but with randoms it's the safest with the most dangerous thing being the one rear end in a top hat who insists on opening every chest and runs mimics around.

Givin fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 4, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Kettlepip posted:

even creepier when you spot the ghost pirate in the top right of your flames. beard. and. everything.

:vince:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
PVP Exp Trip Report:

First values were wrong. Not 12,10,8 percent like I thought. Haven't seen a time bonus i don't believe.

At 59: 3,888,000 to level
First place 302300
Second place 216000

Givin fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 4, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

The Frontlines exp change was good, since it might convince at least a few more people to actually try playing the game instead of "guarding the base"

It wont. So what. They have to AFK one more episode of whatever Netflix show they are watching to achieve the same goal.

PVP is still good exp and fun to do if you like that sort of thing. I don't think anybody expected them to get rid of the AFK problem.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Finally got a 3rd place finish. Here are my final numbers.

At 59: 3,888,000 to level
First place 302300
Second place 216000
Third place 216000

Yes, it seems 2nd and 3rd are the same and I believe are the same or maybe slightly less than before the patch. So its not as bad as I thought.

EDIT: Just got a Draw and still got 1st place exp.

Givin fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 4, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
That's a lot of words about a terrible PVP system. Almost as long as the wait to get in a PVP match back then.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

The question is not whether it actually matters, it's whether it feels like it matters, and it does. Some starry-eyed newbie who wants to tank is gonna be a little miffed if they're told "nah, don't worry about it for another fifteen or twenty levels."

This is pretty much why it needed to be changed. As a sprout tank, looking over and seeing threat meters at a good level, even against level synched DPS is a good feeling and will make people actually want to main those classes without worrying about every dungeon run being a white knuckle fight to keep agro.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

People who like the new PvP should be shot 3 times and it should only require 1 button.

I love MCH in PvP because of this. It's very cool and easy to stay in Matrix mode and shoot at mans. In fact, please remove turrets from PvE because they no longer fit the class fantasy.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
If you boost a class, does it auto complete the 1-60 job quests? I don't want to miss out on AF1 or the level 60 cache. I know I can buy the 60 stuff with hunt seals but who has the time anymore.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

You should at least be able to get your AF1 from the Calamity Salvager, I would think.

Oh I forgot about him. Thanks!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Do female Roe MCH have the same sweet Matrix kick flips that Lalas do?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I have to admit, Nero has gone from "who is this rear end in a top hat" to my favorite character and having him as a future class master would be amazing.

My previous favorite characters included Moenbryda and Haurchefant.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Minor lore quibble: elves are actually human. "Human" encompasses all the non-beast races of Eorzea and beyond. Also the elezen are believed to be more closely related to the hyur than any other race.

I did not know this either.

Also:
Post + Avatar combo. Beautiful.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Healing/WHM is a lot more fun when you outgear stuff, or at least don't have sucky gear. Healing ldr stuff wasn't too bad until I got to Stone Vigil - I don't know if I was bad, my gear was bad, or if the tank was bad, or some combination of the three. My gear was pretty close to my level but the tank would just melt, i lost them a few times on aoe pulls and was basically going oom just keeping them alive. It's a ton more fun now that I'm 60 and have shire gear and some more options to emergency heal and get mana back.

Brayfox is the first indicator to tanks that things are going to get a bit tougher. Then along comes Stone Vigil and pretends to be the semi truck from Maximum Overdrive with the gremlin face on it and plows over anyone not ready for it. poo poo hits HARD, and if you're tanking it at level you're pretty much using cool downs on every pack.

Running lldr I'll still get put in parties to this day where the tank quit on a group in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Concurred posted:

So, I have the BLM Lv. 60 Makai set / title, but it's my only job above 60. I'm capped on wolf marks - the heck do I spend them on now? Been frontlining as AST who is at 49.8 as of last night

Go inside the ship vendor place on the docks and see if there is any of the non Makai PVP set gear you like the look of and glamour away. Fill up your retainers with pretty princess dressup sets. Buy the Dark Knight Stormblood set weapon to beat people with a giant bat.