Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cabbit posted:

I've just learned that BLM theorycrafters have come up with a triple Despair opener. What a time to be alive.

When your main is the same as the game director's. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

He's a tank, queue time isn't a thing.

Give it a few weeks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This doesn't seem to be public? It said I was unauthorized

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

Goal of getting all classes to 70 before expansion hits seems possible (63 Bard, 63 Machinist, 66 Black Mage left), but doubt I'll be able to push my Armorer (330), Tailor (300), and Goldsmith (320) to 390 desynth in time.

Anyone familiar with Stormblood launch know if required materials to craft everything in 71-75, 76-80, and the new housing stuff is put together before the patch actually hits? Would be handy to have so I can level gatherers through just gathering the materials needed.

It might be data mined during the 24 hour down time but I wouldn't count on it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

My wife and I have been screwing around with BLU a little bit lately and she has been walking me through dungeons to grab spells. Can a 70 BRD (and a 50 BLU with just under half the spell book filled) handle HM/EX trials for spells or should we ask for help?

See if you can draft a couple other level 50 BLUs.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

The idea of a level squish is okay on paper, but I'm just imagining them messing up the stats so that high level content becomes impossible.

Just... halve everything? So a level 50 encounter becomes a 25?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

isk posted:

(mass scripts where certain specs/abilities/encounters are hosed)

I mean are they going to make things worse?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

I'll admit, I haven't really looked at the SCH changes, what's there to be so mad about?

Well to start they removed all damage dealing spells except a broil equivalent, a single dot and some sort of aoe. Yes, that means they removed energy drain.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Worst case scenario we get something as funny as this hopefully
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTRxOM81Bc

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Multiple tiers is not a surprise, "Ah you finished AF1? Here's a box that unceremoniously gives you all of AF2" is a surprise, especially with my only MMO experience being FF11

Oh it turns out I was wrong :shobon: I just looked up the highest ilvl bow on the AH because it wasn't too expensive and much better than anything I had, it didn't even occur to me that there's obviously better stuff you can't buy. It's a i115 Cedar Longbow that looks like you can just craft it.

Is it worth going for higher ilvl stuff or am I gonna level past it quick enough that I shouldn't bother? I did notice that at this point one exp roulette is no longer enough to get an instant level

The leveling experience is designed for the crafted gear with some crafted updates. You’ll be fine.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Truga posted:

Holy poo poo I need to do that too. My muscle memory compels me to spam the protect button while loading into areas, it's gonna be great zoning into a dungeon and chat is full of ":rip: {Protect}" :v:

“Press F to cast protect”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smart Car posted:

I could see it being a bit of both personally. They might have done initial design thinking they needed to split the load by splitting the zones, then later in HW development developed the zone instancing, but they'd already designed the story around the split zones. Then in Stormblood they figured everything went fine with HW so they didn't need to bother with it. S-E also mentioned there were heavy DDOS attacks at the launch of SB which were contributing to the issues, though I still hope they pushed segments like it later since I'm pretty sure cramming everyone into a lengthy solo duty didn't help.

There actually was a brief zone split in the beginning of SB. It didn’t help though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The crafter tribe quests are worth a bit over half a level a day so definitely do them.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hemish posted:

1. As a White Mage, is there a way to have 2 hotkey bars setup so I can quickly switch from "Quests DPS" to "Proper Healer"?. I think I used to manually switch all icons from one bar to the other.

At proper gearing you should be holy'ing or throwing rocks as much as you're healing so you might want to figure out key binds that work for both purposes.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pierson posted:

So when gathering levelling guides say the most efficient way to level 60-66 (for example) does that mean just twiddling my thumbs and being AFK between nodes or doing leves or something, since there only seems to be two real collectables every few levels?

There should also be a grind target mentioned.

If there isn’t, just do ruby cotton bolls then kudzu vines for botanist and koppranickel ore, koppranickel sand and then doman iron.

All of that is immensely useful to leveling crafters in the same range so if you don’t want it someone else will at least.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I'd rather use Namazu for crafters since the options for gatherers are a bit more flexible (IMO) but if you got time, yeah, beast tribe is the lazy & cheap way.

I don't think I actually ever did Namazu dailies as a gatherer. I have to assume they ask you to do different things?

There are different quests, yes. Theres gathering nodes near some of the same Namazu the crafters' quests send you to. Some of the quests are shared, for example stuff like returning the horse, the namazu mount one and the dart minigame.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cabbit posted:

I'm kind of annoyed how little we got to know Hingashi despite using Kugane as our hub city and base of operations.

It represents Dejima, right? There wouldn't be too much to explore unless we needed to sneak into not-Nagasaki for some reason?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I have to say I'm also pretty disappointed that the Burn is just a dungeon.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are areas in the first that look similar.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Yep, so they could get two characters for one model.

How serious was the dev being when they revealed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thats how HW and SB worked so I would assume so. Its still how things work when you hit 60 on a crafter/gatherer - 51-59 stuff goes to 10k.

Custom deliveries however do seem to keep the same amount of XP, presumably they don't care because you can only burn them once for like 1/4 a level because you're in the wrong range. Still if it works that level 67 guy with the pig head should give you some xp? Otherwise red script for commercial manuals.

edit: crafter beast tribes go to 10k xp too along with leves and collectibles

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 25, 2019