Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Timing for bahamut egi seems like it'd be pretty big.

Regarding lucid dreaming, because aetherflow's mp return was halved its required for the ACN classes. SCH and SMN both have MP issues now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So a few things I've noticed on AST.

Aspected benefic is loving expensive. 1440 MP at 70, vs 480 for benefic. It costs as much as helios.
Collective Unconsciousness seems to break as soon as I cast it a lot. Might be lag related, but it fails half the time for me now.
I've used Redraw during really laggy times, and it's given me the same card back. I haven't seen it happen when things are working nice, but it was pretty common over the weekend.

Tanks like moving out of Earthly Star. This is the best use of Rescue I've found so far.

Adlos are even more expensive. 1800 as I recall.

But you don't get assize/aetherflow right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It should work for party members, then I could finally get the datacron sightseeing log entry on the top of the Kugane tower.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

M.c.P posted:

Marry someone good at jumping.

That can't be the plan for both of us!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you could probably loving give people free subs and they'd still be hesitant to tank/heal and that issue is only compounded when you make three of the six non-dps roles Literally loving Garbage in the same expansion you introduce two cool-rear end dps jobs

DRK isn't that bad really?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Scholars are more than capable of keeping up with the damage output in the dungeons, they just have to actually use all their tools now. Emergency Measures and Dissapation now are something worth using instead of icing on a healing cake. A lot of Scholars are trying to play them exactly the way you could in HW and getting punched for it because SB expects you to be using more of your tools. It's absolutely a lot more work than it used to be but as a Scholar I've never had any trouble keeping up with healing unless my teammates are critically failing mechanics repeatedly (which is when healing should get outpaced)

Emergency Measures is on a 30s cooldown now and so should be used a lot more regularly than most scholars are using it. By not using it they're effectively turfing their healing ability. Likewise a lot of scholars are not manually controlling Eos and losing out on good regens. It's also worth remembering that Scholar shield can be incredibly hefty without actually showing up as health so a lot of the time you may be low but have a lot more effective health than it looks like, doubly so when you count their new ability that is a heal-below-50%. In general a major thing is that Scholars now should be using all their tools instead of DPSing while Eos does all the work/DPSing and occasionally using lustrate.

But seriously, if you are having trouble healing a Scholar, Emergencies Measures. It has a super-low cooldown now and is a huge-rear end heal. I've not done WHM or AST yet to say what their gimmicks are but I'm willing to bet "press the buttons you previously ignored" is relevant there.

Adlos cost 1800MP and aetherflow was nerfed. SCHs cannot sustain that healing throughput.

To emphasize: aetherflow returns less MP than an adlo. Emergency tactics-> adlos will run you dry fast. Energy drain actually makes matters worse because you're giving up a free heal to recover less mana than the equivalent physicks, let alone adlos.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That's because the same throughput is significantly easier as AST and WHM. WHM deal more damage too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It was trash that was going to get pulled, it's in the way so you can't skip it. Pulling it before your tank is very dishonest.

That's why you run past it and then rescue the tank to the mob.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

The death of Cleric Stance has been so loving nice. Being able to effortlessly weave back and forth between damage and healing has been loving amazing.

It has also been a boon for PvP since we can actually occasionally kill people now.

Broil in pvp is the best. :getin:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I've been playing DRK a little bit it more and discovered that syphon strike (or whatever the 2nd in the dps combo) consumes dark arts. Why? In grit it looks almost mop neutral so I guess you can DA both SS and soul eater?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

UHD posted:

Haha motherfucking Estinien out of loving nowhere. Didn't think I'd see that guy again. Or that I'd be glad to.

absorbing nidhogg's eyes with a lance you're calling nidhogg seems like something that is going to come up again

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Just party with someone below 70 when you do trial roulette

Or remove enough equipment that you're below i280.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

slev posted:

I saw the dragoon tether buff for the first time and I kept running away from them because I thought it was a burning chains mechanic

I'm starting to see macros explaining the ability. :lol:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm just glad I have a seeing eye faery for the healer 310 set.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

does anyone remember when the reddit class balance brigade was swearing up and down they were quitting the game over whm nerfs

Weren't there errors or incomplete tooltips driving that one?

It should've been rip SCH - aero 3 and bane hitting live the way they did shows that SE is not paying attention to healer balance at all.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nuru posted:

If I could only get one thing it would be to make Fey Union activate quicker, rapidly fly to the target, and stay with the target.

Fey union seems to be a "stop doing anything at all" button half the time.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

OWLS! posted:

Are we back to the old MUH FUN PER HOUR bullshit? (or was it duties per hour? I don't remember.)

I mean, if you're brayfloxing dungeons, sure, maybe, but here's a reminder - back when ilvl90 and Brafylox HM runs were a thing - you didn't really have time to DPS as a healer, you literally just pressed ALL OF THE HEALING BUTTONS so that your tank would not die. The DPS as a healer meme during mass dungeon pulls in EX dungeons only came when you were out-ilvl-ing everything anyway.

These days I can throw out a shadowflare, and if I get precasting right I can Dot-instaDot-Bane Right as Excog trips and I actually have to start pushing the healing buttons, and I haven't out-ilvled content, so hey, I'll take that improvement.

Here's another unpopular opinion: Nerf Red Mage. :smug:

A WHM outdamages all that by pressing aero3 and assize.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

i'd love that, but considering how janky literally everything else involving the fairy is, i'm not sure that one's within their power to fix

e: there's no real point sitting on it, i guess, since this is pretty well-known in some circles and nobody's chasing world firsts--pets in ffxiv inherit their summoner's stats. someone probably forgot that healers could still meld direct hit, which must've made fairies resort to some completely nonsensical placeholder data or something, because a trivial quantity of direct hit currently causes the fairy to get 100% direct hits on fey union ticks.
there's no way this doesn't get nerfed.

Wait. Heals can direct hit?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nuru posted:

So did every MNK go SAM? I haven't seen a MNK since SB came out.

Somebody should tell Lyse

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They know their player base

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

Make it yell out quotes and 'attack' when you're in combat.

Dance to the song of ringing steel!

You forgot the preview:
https://twitter.com/NaschaStrig/status/874297142390796289

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Augus posted:

Beating the 2nd boss of Bardam's Mettle without messing up should be a mandatory requirement in order to do raids and expert trials tbqh

I always eat a hit from the double 270 degree thingies because it's easier that way. :colbert:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also remember the level 70 dungeons drop lots of i300 gear.

I swear it's coded to drop gear for anything but for your class. :argh:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Augus posted:

maybe if you're bad!
you're off the team, Hobbes!

rude.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shy posted:

That's kinda like whm, I'm just happy I have a branch with flowers on my screen

But it lets you have s 60s benediction cd in pvp

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Excuse me but Dancer needs to be the next healer. :colbert:

Seriously though, any new healer needs to be something other than another flavor of spellcaster.

Should go the SWTOR route and have a healer that shoots healing bullets.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

My fear is the new recipe macros.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I wish I could hit these people in the face with a brick.

I don't see how you could be angry with them, they created their own little HoA out of houses nobody wanted.

Not their fault those houses are now valuable! And prop 13 lets them keep their tax rate at their original value!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

This reasoning is bullshit for the reason you said, it could just be a damage penalty. The real reason is that they want tanks to do poo poo damage. You can probably count on them fixing the 270 slaying problem by making all jewelry role locked.

If that was the case they would make threat scale off vitality.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

UHD posted:

Wonder how many Ishgardian peons died making that thing.

A dragon did it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Anti tower (Savage)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Scholar really does feel a lot better when fully geared. Honestly at this point I feel like if they buff it more than a feather-touch it's going to explode.

It still does essentially no AoE damage compared to the other healers and fey union still seems really unreliable.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

Meanwhile in Bertram's Mettle I've had a string of DRK's that don't use Abyssal Drain. Like, at all.

Only one of them held AoE threat decently.

But then I can't dark arts my shiny new quietus!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

You mean it doesn't affect Lustrate/Tetra/Essential Dignity? That's surprising.

All the healing up buffs - largesse, eos's and convalescence effect healing spells not abilities like those listed.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shy posted:

Does the game prohibit you from rolling on minions, mounts, music rolls etc., things you already learned? Like it does for unique equipment.

Only if they're unique and untradeable.

ilifinicus posted:

just a reminder that when they say "1k tenacity" that means you need it to say 1364 on your character sheet because the base amount doesn't count

At least it's better than the original math people did which was something like 1%/1k.

Kinda like how the original math for SMN was "never use bane it's always worse than painflare" when it was in fact "never use bane, it's a tie with pain flare just multidot"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fun fact: blackest night procs after any damage shields are depleted so if you put a critlo on a DRK with it up they get annoyed.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm finding SMN is the best class because they implemented the "find the worst time to summon bahamut" minigame. Lightning markers in susan ex seems to be a good candidate at the moment.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If it's 320 then bolts are worthless

The bolts will have a different itemization and may be better options for some jobs.

Not that it matters too much, but actually having choices for gear would be nice for once!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Tip for rolling on loot in Omega - let all all the other rolls go before you roll on the items you want so that eliminates some of your competition.

If you're going in wanting a spring and a Spring, Spring, Crank, and Lens drop, some people are going to roll need on all 4. So you'll have competition across all four. Pass on the Lens and the Crank and let the rolls play out on those before you roll need on the Springs as that will be two less potential rolls on the Springs.

I wish the game had 60s loot timers at the end of instances, not 5 minute ones.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fey union would be good if it didn't expose every single way pets are screwed up in FFXIV.

When I use fey union even if the faerie is in range I have to count on up to a 10 second delay before healing starts. Then if the tank moves a little bit even if in the short range the beam seems to break sometimes. If the tank went out of range the faerie will break, move close to the tank then restart the cast. When any of this happens the faerie bar will keep ticking down but the target won't be healed.

It is a completely unreliable skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

Gah, how did I forget Sacred Soil? My first job to 50 was SCH :negative:

Well shadowflare is better in dungeons so if you never ran ex primals you really wouldn't have had a use for it. It's not like say asylum which you should more or less be using on cooldown.