Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Glad to see all the new scholar spells are, in fact, trash and boring so I won't be tempted to jump back in to that class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Yoshida just phoned me to say that he's trolling arcanist players by removing miasma 2 and bio 1 and ruining bane and making all the scholar spells bad and boring.

Pretty immature if you ask me but he's the boss.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Play whatever you want. I don't think anything is going to unusable, it's just disappointing as someone who's played scholar since the beginning to get TWO expansion packs worth of underwhelming new spells AND good spells gutted AND decent spells removed

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Trip report from Stormblood: Roegadyn women still ugliest race/sex combo

Well, yeah.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Wait, no. The dragon people still exist and the dwarves too

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I didnt play summoner that much but wasn't that always their gimmick since they added dreadworm. You just hit ruin over and over until you have aetherflow and then do the combo and then hit ruin until you can use the beamu

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Actual sound effect from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Heavensward: Stormblood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D1KmDkXhfY

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Chain Strategem is stupid good.

It's the best of their new spells which isn't saying much of anything at all when one of them is a lustrate that automatically activates that only lasts 30 seconds from cast

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes, such a spell has no use at all in a game where the enemy ability rotations are heavily scripted

Correct.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They should release a functional game imho

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

People should chill out imho

I will when they compensate me for the game not working

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ishin posted:

In the patch notes it mentioned merchants selling lvl 50 gear were added to the starting cities, I can't find them in Ul'dah. someone help my dumbass please.

The regular armor and weapon merchants

strong bird
May 12, 2009

No one should chill out. The game they paid for should work

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Trainmonk posted:

It will, so chill out.

It doesn't, so no.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

You sure are pissy today.

Here, I have a solution for you: if you are feeling this pissy, why don't you just start playing on Tuesday at Stormblood's official launch instead of four days early, which was a bonus, not something you paid for?

I paid for the game and the game should work. If you do not agree with this statement you are a retard

strong bird
May 12, 2009

jokes posted:

I don't know about this argument.

The pre-order is usually cheaper than the game itself and in this case it was the same price, you can't buy early access some other way (for example as a $5 side purchase) so it also isn't a discount to receive it alongside a pre-order. So there was no additional value that changed hands.

One could make the argument that the time value of money comes into effect but honestly it's gonna be something like an additional "cost" of like $0.30 at the end of the day by pre-ordering versus buying it the day it comes out.

It's not like the reviews of the game are gonna alter someone's decision to buy this game or not if they are playing FFXIV at max level because expansions are required to be a part of the endgame which is where you're "supposed" to be. Honestly, if you play FFXIV, you're gonna buy Stormblood. You didn't buy early access, you bought Stormblood early. They gave you something extra. I don't think they, like, stole something from you. It would be hosed up if the entire game was down between now and the launch and you can only play if you had early access.

The game doesn't work, and it should.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SE should decide to fix the servers

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I want to see Yoshida on his knees crying and bowing.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

loving entitled paying customers.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

2,476 person queue

what is going on with this game

It doesn't work

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well as long as it fixed the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I mean this isn't launch so the fact that us plebs get to play* at all is a blessing frankly, even if we did pay for the license to do so.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I think they did a really good job with the Pool of Tribute. Can't wait for hard and EX modes, and for my compensation for the days the server didn't work.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The AST buffs turning into the gauge is an intentional nerf as far as I'm concerned

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Here's a simple macro to replace a cross-class spell of your choosing ( ##### ) with Protect, cast it, and then switch back

code:
/macroicon Protect
/aaction ##### off
/aaction Protect on
/ac Protect <wait.3>
/aaction Protect off
/aaction ##### on

strong bird
May 12, 2009

On the other hand WHM consistently has the best and cutest AF gear which is very important

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Healing isn't even halfway reliant on the healers themselves. If people are taking loads of avoidable damage it all adds up, even if it doesn't kill someone.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

If you're getting angry at healers not doing damage in brand new content you're a big fucktard imqho

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

yeah, they need a change to learn the fight before they know when it's safe to enter Cleric...Stance...

hmm.

Ah, big fucktard spotted.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The developers don't want us to DPS so I don't see why we should. Additionally, I do not play the white mage.

You remain,
Big fucktard

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Cool as a cucumber over here btw

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Goon elitism extending towards other goons

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It's weird. I logged in, downloaded a patch and then launched the game, but I didn't have a letter in my mailbox containing compensation for the 3 days the servers weren't working. Anyone else encounter this bug?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

PVP is Just OK as long as you don't have eight people AFK at base since it gives such good XP

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Rescue kicks rear end.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

PVP was more popular because it's easier to not contribute in than in 4 man content. It was good fun votekicking 'base defenders' though

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mark XIV Thermocoil Boilmaster is my loving boy.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The new gear sets are truly awful

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty sure you can make it easy to catch up without making gear from the previous tier immediately irrelevant when the new one comes out.

Let's hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I like getting loot drops from dungeons