Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Trip report from Stormblood: Roegadyn women still ugliest race/sex combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Yes, better looking than roegadames

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

People already bitching on the OF. Gonna be a fun few days.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Not sure why anyone expected different of the first day of the expansion.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Holyshoot posted:

lmao if you actually sit in a line, just spam it until its gone through.

There are posts on the OF of people complaining about 'line jumpers' and it's fantastic

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Seriously, just do other poo poo in the meantime or hammer the NPC. Chances are they'll need to reset servers to fix this issue eventually anyway.

:saddowns:

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 16, 2017

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
People tried the whole line thing at launch too, I remember.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm looking forward to zooming around spamming instant attacks as brd again, but i think i'll wait a week to avoid the congestion.

You can play plenty of the game fine right now, you don't have to wait

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can confirm still busted on Brynhildir. Are they even trying to do something about it?

Or... wait, does it work in the Japan servers? I have a mind to say that they gonna take the problem nice and slow for us in NA and maybe EU if Japan is working fine. Yep, I said it, I think they don't very much care for us if their Japan audience is doing fine.

If its also not working on the Japan side then what the heck are you doing, SE?! Get to fixing this!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Bet you they do emergency maintenance tonight. Epic fail SE epic fail.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Sinteres posted:

I also think the false hope situation of clicking on a duty that fails over and over is a big part of the problem too. If there was a massive queue or even just a notice that it's flat out broken, a lot of people would have done other things. If people spammed it for a couple (or more) hours with the expectation that they'd get in though, of course they're upset.

This goon gets it. If they just put people in a long rear end queue or took the servers down entirely people would be less pissed than they're getting by clicking on an NPC for 6 hours, and it doesn't help that some people DO get in so the hope is there.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Didn't Mordiceus use to hate this game, when did he start slurping on SE's proverbial schlong?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This is pretty pathetic tbh

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So they fixed the JP servers. Maybe they'll remember they have more NA players than JP and do us next.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c8c9abd7eb4687ce3ec8294112106b70f4584650

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They have to know it's only gonna get worse at launch, right?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It takes a lot of bravery to forum post, these days, due to the many and aggressive fanbois who verbally abuse anyone who has anything even remotely negative to say. And yet, you blatant jerks do not get to silence us, not even one of us. Because we pay for the game as well and are entitled to our opinions. Have fun attacking people, glad I could help brighten your day.

As for the nonsense you lot keep reposting about rocky launches, I have played over 40 MMOs in the last 25 years, stretching back to MUDs and I can't think of a single MMO content launch that had this degree of initial content block. Crashing, bugs, sure all of that...but this was something special.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How long are the xp bonuses on low pops ervers lasting?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/ba40572955f59e47351e8c1dc4d4432a781c3718

Begging people to transfer now.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So apparently to avoid 2 hour queues on Balmung one jsut has to never log out and abuse the aetheryte/crafting thing to avoid afking out.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I do not remember ARR or HW being this bad with side quests, do 1-3 MSQ and get flooded with 4-10 side quests. Please for the love of this game, on next expac cut back on the side quests and give MSQ and needed side quests (ones with aether winds or item rewards) more exp.

Edit: Oh and no more chained side quests. This is Final Fantasy NOT Everquest.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So did the maintenance actually change anything or are servers likely to go to poo poo again tonight?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Does anyone know if the 1 million gil for hitting level 30 is once per account like the 15 days, or per character?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, honestly, I saw people complaining about the main plot earlier and by and large I understand why people were cooler on it than HW but I have to admit I forgave a lot because this was basically Suikoden 6: Final Fantasy XIV, almost bluntly so. They did a good job with the character beats and the general "liberation" tone and the feeling that you're building up an army that I forgave the actual core plot being pretty basic. It scratched my itch for a Suikoden game better than 3 of the last 4 Suikoden games so I'll excuse a lot for that. I was genuinely pleased for the entire expansion.

Suikoden 5 was pretty good. though 2 is king and probably the best JRPG ever made. I got some serious Grasslands vibes from the Steppe too.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I don't get it

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I actually found the music to be repetitive outside of a few exceptions, was pretty disappointing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Normal battle music was annoying, pretty much the only tracks that jumped out at me were Lochs, Azim daytime, Second to last story dungeon, and last story trial.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Doesn't WoW do something like give the role in deed a chest with a chance at rare pets or whatever from other various sources? Why not do that.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
At 12:00 p.m. (PDT), we will be logging all characters out from the game. We ask you to please log out before we begin the process. More details: http://sqex.to/jbH

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Freak Futanari posted:

For Monks, the indignities never end

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit, the old PvP style was way better, because you had to actually think about what you were doing and which skills and cooldowns you used, instead of mashing the autocombo button until either you or the other guy mashing his own autocombo button keels over dead. The only people new PvP is better for is people who somehow failed to grasp that MMOs, in fact, sometimes expect you to press several - and sometimes even many! - buttons

You're wrong.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Any idea how much they nerfed PVP exp by?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Minrad posted:

Feast is better in almost all scenarios except losing super fast
Frontlines are almost always worse, something like a 40% nerf if you come in third now, which averages out to a 15-20% nerf depending on game length and if you win or lose more often.

Glad I got the Garo mount from Frontlines while queues were still instant, I guess.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Freak Futanari posted:

people who like new pvp should be shot

I'm glad people like you seem to be in the minority and most seem to like the changes.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Countblanc posted:

In addition to what was already said, the races can interbreed, and the resulting kid has some characteristics of both patents. The only examples I can think of are Hilda (elezan/Hyur with less pointy elf ears), the guy in the Ala mhigan resistance (I thiiiink he was just mid/highlander though), and a princess from An Ra history whose parents were hyur and au ra and she was born with barely any scales.

Supposedly this mixing is really looked down upon, like Hilda has clearly been shunned for her heritage and there's the gay hyur/catboy couple who talk about their love being forbidden. But at the same time basically every time sexy stuff is brought up by npcs it's stuff like catgirls dancing for mixed race crowds (who are clearly Horned Up) or the much less savory lalafell ladies aboard the Shatasha crew with no lalafell men in sight. In other words, who knows. Also alphy <3 krile :333

It's supposed to be a like a 99% chance of the kid of a mixed race just popping out as whatever the mother is, and a 1% chance of it having traits of both actually, which explains why they're so rare/looked down upon.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Thumbtacks posted:

im on to you you son of a bitch

it took a while but i know exactly what you did and how you did it

i'm surprised that bug actually works, you'd think they'd have more checks in place for that

i have no idea what any of this means, please explain

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

jalapeno_dude posted:

I also only bothered to unlock the Gold Saucer in the last week before Stormblood. I really regret doing it because now my chat is constantly spammed with messages about where I can or can't play Triple Triad.

If you think that's spam you don't know what real spam is.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What is the 2.0 BLM rotation

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So does the Lodestone not update often or what? I've been going there to find the servers of repeat PVP afkers for when I contact GMs and half the time the characters just don't appear at all.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I just got to 30 on a 'Road To 60' alt for the first time and got the 15 days no problem, but no sign of the million gil? Is there a delay on that?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Emalde posted:

They implement this and not the Chinese angel/devil wings? :thunk:

Any time I think wings in MMOs I think those horribly gaudy free to play ones with a million effects dripping off of people constantly so I'm glad we don't have them.

Minrad posted:

why the gently caress, why all of them, why not just lochs

is this balmung's fault

Balmung hasnt had queues above like 20 in over a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
As much as I enjoy the changes to PVP, opening the floodgates to people who will openly not try to win or afk just to get quick exp is really infuriating.