Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
gently caress that old thread. This new thread is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Where dat job guide at tho

Where it be

Oh gently caress, accidental snype, I guess I'm gonna be the one posting dat job guide whenever it drops

edit: here it at: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 16, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

The PvP actions for black mage look fukkin sick. Foul turning into Flare or Freeze is both really cool flavor-wise, and alliterative.
I'm looking forward to just being able to toss Flare for free thanks to Umbral Hearts

I'm also Pretty Pumped for Warrior. Twice as much Wrath as before? Sounds good!!!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Thundarr posted:

The Monk trait to give yourself a Chakra stack on a critical hit is a 50% chance. That's literally a free Chakra stack every other Bootshine. :stare:

Yeah everything's potency is down, but TP cost is also down. So... less raw output but almost unlimited sustain, with manic periods of Forbidden Chakra spam seems to be the new normal.

e: Internal Release is also now 30% crit up. They clearly expect Monk damage output to be based around making GBS threads out a constant stream of crits.
I'm curious as to how they'll balance Monk in PVP, considering that in Stormblood PVP crits aren't a thing anymore. Which is the one big thing I kinda disagree about the PVP changes that I've seen so far, but we'll see.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I don't know what you guys are saying with all this rip warrior stuff, Warrior still owns

Wrath stacks to 10 instead of 5 like before, and yeah we're losing bloodbath but that just means it's a bit tougher to tank an entire dungeon full of adds, we'll adjust

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I would not be surprised at all if pld/pld becomes the new tank comp, LB penalty be damned.
Nah

If 2 of the same thing becomes the raid meta, the other jobs of the same type get a buff, see: AST after Heavensward's release, and how it was useless and now is real good

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ComposerGuy posted:

So did they take a nerf bat to WAR as much as it *feels* like they took a nerf bat to WAR?
We lost Bloodbath and that really sucks, but the Beast Gauge changes are great imo. Storm's Path is essential now.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

The penalty for changing stances means we lost a gigantic amount of durability (or damage) despite technically losing only one cooldown. It also just makes it feel really bad to stance dance, which removes one of my favorite parts of playing WAR.
You just need to start getting good at swapping stances after blowing your Beast Gauge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This Stormblood launch has done a good job of getting me playing Eternal again.