Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

omg my download speed is like 300kb/s lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

When can I transfer to omega?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Can someone explain how ACT works? I've never used it before but now that stormblood's out I'm curious. I know someone in DGKK was using it already in Stormblood but I've never used it before so I dont know what I need to install to make it work.

It works by reading the combat logs that FF14 produces in real time I think. Thats why you can set it to pick up keywords from the logs and do a thing. I remember installing it was pretty easy but I never found it very useful, but I also never got up to real raider tier in HW.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is it just me or is leveling gatherers slightly faster now? I know new expansions out and here I am working on a level 37 BTN lol.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Huh. Never seen that attitude in an MMO before, but okay. The healer classes in this game do look nicely varied, though I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the astrologer plays.

A healer that can pull random buffs out of a hat?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Are the stormblood beast tribes in?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Are bard cast bars gone forever 1-70 or is there still an awkward wana be mage phase?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Will kugane have different house prices?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Continuing the gathering chat from earlier, I just got my first gathering class (miner) to 50. Is there a good leveling collectible rotation? I keep reading that I need 600GP but I've only managed to get to around 540/550ish with HQ right side.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Shy posted:

Those Mateus lunatics made a church :aaa:

What are the items between the pillars adding texture to the walls? I might want to steal this idea :v:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Asimo posted:

Yeah in terms of game-breaking bugs, "use some NPC appearance assets" is well down the priority list. Especially if you have to actively and intentionally go well out of your way to do it and not just stumble into it through normal play.

Wait what's this now

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is that how the goon earlier got the bright blue eyes?

I want those special eyes:argh:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Orr maybe they should add more hair/eye colors but I don't think they will.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Intoluene posted:

I know it was two pages back but the woman on the Adders recruitment poster is Nophica, The Matron. :goonsay:

who what now

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FillInTheBlank posted:

I'm a shiny purple and I love it.

which hat is that?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Any eurogoons on the EU datacenter want to join a raid static for omega savage and various ex primals? We raid at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 ETC / 21 EEST on Mondays and Thursdays. We need 2 dps, preferably one melee but everythings welcome

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Oh man, free transfers? Why didn't I learn about this sooner :(

If the other server still has free transfers, where do I find out about it and what do I do to get it? It would be nice to play with goons but :rip: that idea if I have to create a new character since it already took me months just to get to 40.

It should be Louisoix and you transfer there by logging into mog station and trying to transfer as usual, when the price tag comes up it should say 0.00 instead.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

a kitten posted:

But also:
https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/886189040684470272

Hopefully it'll fix some frustrations with the current system.

what is this from?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

BTW Chaos datacenter goons my static is missing a dps and healer right now for savage raids and whatnot. We go on mondays/thursdays at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 ETC / 21 EEST. HMU here or https://discord.gg/kh2caVJ if you're interested!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is there a point where I should be melding my gear? I've got almost full 320 stuff now and I'm not sure if I should just suck it up and start melding if I want to do savage

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FYI two different euro statics still need healers! My group goes on Monday/thursday at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 ETC / 21 EEST. The other group goes 3 days a week at what looks like the same time? Either way pm me here or post in the catgirl bargains Eurovision raid contest thread if you're interested!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Stop posting how easy O1S is when our static group got it to 6% before enrage :mad:

Once we've killed it it is easy and only babies can't clear it hahahaha

Hey that was with two pubbies though! I think we did p good all things considered

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Also Aether datacenter/omega goons our raid group still needs a SCH or AST! We raid for around 2 hours on Mondays and Thursdays starting at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 CEST / 21 EEST. PM me here or post in the 4 static fiesta thread on catgirl bargains.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Hey guys what happening he-- :yikes:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Are those guys sitting in the piss pond :shepface:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I am currently a level 25 CUL, and I am trying to do the HQ Helm Component Ixal quest, but I am having some great difficulties.

I eat Mint Lassi, and everything but my head/ear/neck/bracelet/rings is HQ crafting gear for my level.

CP=253
Control=150
Skill Speed=144
Craftsmanship=161

I usually do this:

Inner quiet > steady hand > hasty touch, then do that as often as possible, sometimes doing master's mend to repair, but I just am not loving doing enough to get high quality up.

Am I missing something? I noticed that goldsmithing thing gets something cross class at 15, do I need that?

I just want to hand in these stupid quests because I'm reputation capped :mad:

I'm going to shill for the crafting optimizer here http://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/crafter-attributes , plug in your crafter stat on that page, pick your recipe on the simulator page, and it'll spit out a macro that'll give you the best chance of getting HQ without taking the condition stuff into account. It has yet to fail me with a level 60 CUL and 55 BSM where I crafted most of my story HQ turn ins, the only times where it has is when I put in the wrong stats or when RNG decides to gently caress me over in particular. OFC it won't always guarantee HQ stuff and there is an RNG component with hasty touches and w/e, but I think it's awesome anyway :v:

Edit: also if you have access (or a friend with access) to kugane theres a food vendor that sells decent crafter food.

Xun fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 1, 2017

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Does anyone know if you roll on HW primal crafting materials or does it just appear in your inventory?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is there a way to tell if quests rewards are craftable items? I need to clear my inventory and I'm not sure what I can throw out :(

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

I'm not arguing that basic gearing in GW2 is hard. As I said, they don't have a treadmill there (aside from ascended, which is pretty rude in terms of time gating, but you can circumvent that by spending a lot of ascended materials in the TP. As you noted, it's only really needed for fractals and even then only due to agony resist, but you're really missing out if you don't do fractals, they're fun and about the only challenging content you'll find in GW2 outside of raids).

God help you if you want to play a mesmer though, want that full set of leadership runes that are the ideal rune set for chronomancers? Enjoy doing like... at least 10 if not more runs of Dragon's Stand.

Want that druid backpack from the second most recent LS3 map? I forget how long that takes exactly but I think it's about a month of doing stuff every single day?

Want to wear that neat looking new WvW armor set they added? Hope you've been doing WvW since the game came out, because it wants rank 2000 to wear it.

I think the big thing, come to think of it, is that as time goes on, FF14 nerfs its old grinds to make catch-up easier. Whereas GW2 never does and most things remain as grindy as the day they were introduced.

Or make it more grindy because their ~economist~ said x material was too cheap

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

is it possible to solo/duo the Coil or do I need to find a group to do it all?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

hm, what about a black mage tank and a healer :v:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question: beyond the scythe are there any Thaum and Conj staffs that share models? I had a glam idea but it would need them to share the same model. (Or close enough that it doesn't really matter.)

I'd suspect the low level disciple of magic weapons? But they aren't really impressive looking

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Griever posted:

Finally got a house. Made a Legitimate Business Social Club / Sauna. :v:

https://imgur.com/a/V9eT8

Did the best I could with a small. Fingers crossed I'll snag a medium in Shirogane soon.

That looks awesome! What did you use to make the raised floor around the tub?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

What the hell is overmelding

When you can shove more materia into your gear than its supposed to be able to hold but you need both the crafting skill and eat a risk of destroying the materia

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Right. Very newbish housing question as i've never touched it before. I have a cottage in Mist and I want to make it look like a hingan cottage. Is this possible? Will I need to purchase a hingan cottage permit to do that? Also if this is the case, as I suspect, will I need to remove the existing house and/or the stuff inside?

I'm pretty sure this is not possible unless you want the shirogane castle walls(maybe). If you get those it's just a cosmetic item that layers over your wall/fence/roof slots so theres no need to rebuild

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How many people have neo exdeath xp but no static?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Huh thats weird, back when I was pugging I could barely find groups that could even do OS2 right :shrug:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do you weave two skills in one GCD?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Do you have to actually be of level to do gathering leves? I'm at level 39 with miner and went off to Whitebrim to start doing the level 40 quests and it's not showing anything there? Do i have to run back to observatory now? :sigh:

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do I tank the moogle king hard/extreme? Had a wipe today and I'm sure its because idk what I'm doing for tanking that fight lol