Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Excalibur for NA/most people

There's an EU goon server but I don't remember what it is. Diabolos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

orcane posted:

No it's not mathematically impossible but implying that people shouldn't be wearing poo poo gear because there is the near-zero chance to get all your gear in one run is ridiculous. There are close to 80 items per dungeon and you can get duplicate drops from different chests, good luck!

I don't think they were saying you do one run and get out with all your gear, dude

I'm pretty sure it was just an example to illustrate that leveling dungeons make it rain with gear. People shouldn't be in poo poo gear all the time anyways if they're leveling through dungeons unless they're somehow the unluckiest turd ever

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yeah, well, when all of the drops are SAM, healer, and DRG gear as I'm leveling my PLD I'm not going to waste a bunch of money on the market board to fill in gear gaps on the bad luck chance that I get the highest level dungeon available for ldr(which actually happened quite a bit, but still). It wasn't until Doma that I had any real luck with drops, replacing 5 slots of old gear with upgraded stuff in 2 runs, and then after that only 1 additional left side piece got upgraded(chest piece from first run of the FF6 magitek research facility place) prior to 70. Yes, I was probably a bitch to heal, but I wasn't going to waste money fixing that.

im sorry that you're an unlucky turd

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

orcane posted:

My point is it's disingenuous to imply people should have lots of gear just because the dungeons drop lots of it. You can be pissant about it all you want but RNG is a thing and with duplicate drops and a single dungeon having to provide full sets for 7 armor types, 5 types of jewelry and 15 weapons on top of RNG, people are not reliably getting most of their gear in a handful of runs before they move on to the next dungeon.

This isn't even news either. Previous dungeons also had a lot of chests, but this game is really good at having way too much poo poo a chest can drop, so the times you could rely on dungeons to gear you up while leveling was approximately never. There's a reason they added the welfare drops at the end of HW/SB leveling dungeons and if you have to rely on those, like a few people have to occasionally, it's going to be 10 runs and you don't even have a weapon to show for it.

i thought this started from someone saying that they didn't upgrade their gear at all from level 60 to like 68

like im not saying you're gonna be fully loaded up but do you agree that that's pretty ridic y/n

Khisanth Magus posted:

My PLD was using the enhanced Shire sword until 70, and the enhanced Shire armor till 68-69. All of the vendor weapons we're inferior until I hit 70.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ruta posted:

I've actually tried controller too but the L2/R2 stuff fucks me up too so it's actually kind of worse. I didn't play with it a whole lot, though, so maybe there is a better way I'm missing. I try to look on the bright side and tell myself it keeps me off the game for extended periods of time. But I dunno, it just seems a bit frustrating from my perspective that I could reclaim like 8 buttons on DRG if people would just get over ~complexity~ on having the combo be so many different buttons. Lots of other changes mentioned in topic would be great to me, too. They could just let it be an option and let people decide for themselves, you know?

fwiw i play DRG on a controller and I've got three buttons of space left over with sprint and lb mapped on top of all the job actions and role abilities since i use the extended hot crossbar or whatever it's called

im also a bad that can't use dragon sight without either a macro or fumbling about a gcd's worth of time applying it so

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Aurora posted:

personally i just spam impulse drive at level 70

:same:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

I can't comprehend people who think taking one or two weeks off of IRL work for video game epeen is a good idea, and this is coming from an avid and lethargic game lover. If they had at least streamed it (or even posted teasers like Momo has been doing) that would've made it fun for everyone, but instead they went radio-silent, failed utterly, ran out of time, and despite the apparent "don't give rival groups hints" attitude other groups have caught up to them anyway. They tied their own noose and I find it hard to pity them.

Remember kids, plan around real life, not through it. The thirty minutes of fame isn't worth it.

maybe it’s fun, for them

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Are these the same players that got second coil savage and final coil world firsts?

edit: it was thought by many on Reddit and the balance discord that DRK was bad for this fight...

:owned:

lol good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Truga posted:

It's far less than 4 years.

I thought HW was like a year in game time