Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Why does SE think Asts are weak? They got nothin' but buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Choyi posted:

Even single target of SCH was nerfed, remember that they lost a whole 40 potency dot and only gained 20 potency on ruin/broil to compensate. There is never a reason to bring a SCH over WHM or AST for anything now, its the 3.x PLD of the healers.

There's honestly no reason to play anything other than an Ast on pure effectiveness. They heal more than white mages, shield more than scholars, use less mana while doing it, and have balance and bole.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
MAN THAT LAST STORY FIGHT'S A DOOZY

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
What's with Astrologians who don't use cards? I keep finding these people! Why even bother leveling one all the way up if you're not gonna use the core mechanic?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

In my experience it's genuinely that they get caught up and forget the card came off cooldown. Every single time I've seen it it's a case of "oh poo poo I forgot." Especially if you're used to other healers or on a run of low-level dungeons where you can't use cards it seems like it's really easy to fall into the trap of just acting like a white mage.

Sure, except they go a whole dungeon or trial without ever using them.

Also I ain't tankin, their either my "co" healers or I run into them when I'm being a deeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Ah, white mages seem to have either infused their rocks and wind with holy power or they've moved past those alltogether