Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Also Shadowbringers is going to add the New Game + feature to let you replay story content, so presumably you'll be able to story skip so you can be in current content, while replaying old stuff in NG+ mode on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Gorelab posted:

Another potential change I'm not sure about is the Ninja skill that eats suiton for ninki just because that just feels like it'd be both dull and probably fairly clippy.

That skill seems to be purely for use with TCJ, seems they really want you to do Fuma > Raiton > Suiton for TCJ. So you'd do that, then next oGCD eat your suiton buff for some ninki if it's not TA time.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Did anyone notice the potency drop on Holy (140) and Gravity (130)?

That's the most disappointing thing I see here, and seems unnecessary with all the extra AoE abilities dps get.

Oh well. WHM and AST still both look overall better.

They don't have falloff anymore though, so at 5+ targets it's actually a buff which is when you'd be using them anyways.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

ImpAtom posted:

Does he have a fairy or some kind of winged Carbuncle?

He has that Diamond Carbuncle he pulled out in Stormblood's later parts.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I guess we'll get clarification later, but it sounds like gear will be working like the weapon coffers which has it's pros and cons, statics will benefit alot, though PF farms will be 8 people rolling on a drop every time now.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Cabbit posted:

Fire 3 is faster than Flare so I doubt it. The less time you spend in UI the better.

The difference between the two is around .20 for 20 more potency so let the math nerds figure it out, but as soon as a 2nd target is present, Flare will 100% be the correct choice to switch with in Shadowbringers.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hogama posted:

Although in Y'shtola's case, she might just be thinking, "It's a DPS loss, so someone else can do it."

Wouldn't have realized Y'shtola cared so much about her FFlogs ranking.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Truga posted:

So yeah, to respond to that question of "why is honest healing a term only in ff14", it's because apparently in other mmos honest healing is the norm apparently lmao :ms:

FFXIV does this amazing thing called "Don't have random unavoidable damage happening every 2 seconds the entire fight". Like seriously the number of wow bosses that just do random hits of damage on random people that doesn't even have a cast bar or distinct animation, or just auras of gently caress you, take 10% HP damage every 2 seconds just to ensure that healers do nothing but heal nonstop the entire fight.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The trusts seem to be pretty scripted on bosses at least, so any of the grievances of squadrons on bosses (WP hard lol) won't be an issue.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I'm just waiting for BLUs Zurvan skill to be Soar.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Minrad posted:

If you're 390+ on the BRD you should be fine for everything except Ramuh EX, though you might be skirting by on quite a bit of white wind spam from the BLU. I can solo all of those except Ramuh as SMN, though even Ramuh I can get by using SCH.

Shiva and Garuda are the only 2 that need to be on EX, the rest are HM or in Ifrits case, normal mode works too. Learn rate seems to be the same too.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Sadly there might not be Gordian/Midan GUN/DNC weapons. SAM and RDM don't have Allagan or High Allagan and actually only got Dreadwyrm when UCoB was added. Though I expect them to have Alexandrian weapons at launch because you can prestock tokens for those weapons, while with Dreadwyrm you couldn't do that and they probably wanted to save players from themselves going nuts farming t13 on day 1.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The only healers who deserve scorn are WHMs who don't Holy.

Like the one I had in the Burn yesterday, guy was so dedicated to honest healing he was precasting Esuna for the like, 1k tick poison the mobs at the start use instead of using Holy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Devdisigdu posted:

The trust party window shown in the french patch note shows off a few things we didn't see in other language versions: https://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a2e8d50460f49f4a3683bb013a982f22a6f8bd22_55.png?1561532419

71 dungeon is 'Holminster' and Dancer bunny captain Lyna as well as Crystal Exarch are trusts for that dungeon.

e: looks like they fixed it on the patch notes page but didn't remove the image from the image hosting service

Someone said if you want to find leaks, just check the French patch notes/client. I see this is still holding up.