Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Skaw posted:

Do the blue icon sidequests. Those are your unlockables. Dungeons, currents, Hunts.

Yeah but blue quests are still gated behind MSQ, right? Most hubs don't have quests on them until you progress the MSQ through that hub, at least in the early SB areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Vargatron posted:

Are there any guides for the optimal way to level crafting/gathering? I've been told the most effective way to do crafting is ALL AT ONCE.

I too am looking for this. I found this and was going off it since I couldn't find anything more recent.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
So if FFXIV is the first and only real FF game I've played (did a little of XV), is it a good gateway drug to trying something like the XII release this week? I used to say "I don't like JRPGs" but I'm starting to think I just wasn't playing good ones, and XII seems like it could be a good 'next step'.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

FFXII could be an okay next step because it plays kinda more like an MMO than a JRPG. It does have major pacing problems though, about halfway through the game's story just completely stalls and nothing happens for like 6 dungeons. But FFXII will feel pretty familiar to you moving from FFXIV honestly, its structured in kinda a similar feeling way to FFXIV (or really FFXI).

If you really want to give JRPGs a chance on their own merit, I would start with something like Chrono Trigger or Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario 64 or even Earthbound. Then after that, play Final Fantasy 6, then your choice of 4,7,9,10 or whatever.

Have you played Chrono Trigger? Just go play Chrono Trigger seriously.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

(Not to go too off-topic here, but I did play a bit of Chrono Trigger back in the day, so maybe it's time to go back to that first.)

On-topic...uh....hmm. Oh! Just discovered beast dailies for crafting and as a poor penniless player, this makes leveling crafting so much easier. This game is good.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Gally posted:

What a straight forward and honest letter - I'd much rather have some bummer truths laid down than to be told 'maybe one day just wait and see!!'.

Every time I read one of these I get angry at how no other studio seems to be able to speak this straightforward.