Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Demicol posted:

AST quest is off to a good start
So they're basically teasing an upcoming job, aren't they?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Jumping feels a bit too inconsistent to demand such precision platforming, but learning the overall quirks and careful aiming got this view and a sightseeing log.
(You generally want to angle for the outer edges of the posts rather than their bodies, particularly on the very last post to the top because the roof's hitbox will happily block your attempt.)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

By what measure? Neither is in 3. Both are in 5. Both are in 11. Samurai is in Tactics, but Blue Mage is not. Blue Mage is in both T. Advance games, Samurai is not. Samurai is in X-2, but Blue Mage is not. I think they're perfectly even with some slide made for Blue Mage archetype guys like Quina or Samurai archetypes like Cyan and Auron.
From some pages back, but Final Fantasy Tactics A2 had the katana-wielding, iai-trained Paravir, which in Japanese was Yojimbo.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Fending accessories will get STR added.
Dark Arts potency will be increased along with Soul Eater combo buff; Quietus will have extra effect implemented. Adjustments are still underway.
Beast Gauge will not be consumed for stance swapping.
Holy Spirit potency reduced by 40.

SCH gets Miasma 2.
AST cards will be visible on party list.

DRG Elusive Jump is 30 sec and tether is longer

MCH will have their base damage increased
It'll be an overall potency increased
Heat Gauge will be made easier to maintain
Rook and Bishop Overload will have increase of potency of 400 to 800

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Alliance raid roulette to be added, In 4.1 they will also add the ability to pre-form Alliances with the cross-server system, and they also finally plan to change Labyrinth of the Ancients to match the 1 Tank per Party system used in every other 24-man Raid

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sadu pointedly refused to answer Magnai's call for the women of the Azim Steppe to present themselves to him that he might look into their eyes to find his Nhaama after he won the previous Naadam.
I'm not sure if they could raise a larger flag.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New crafted gear is ilvl 320.
Lakshmi accessories of Fending have 40 Strength.
Unaugmented Creation Tomestone weapons are ilvl 330.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A new emote- An illustrated manual detailing how to dance like a snowflake on the wind. Use to learn the /iceheart emote.","Ballroom Etiquette - Diamond Dust

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Her scythe is a THM/BLM weapon. My mistake, there's one for all the two-handers.
MRD/WAR, LNC/DRG, DRK, CNJ/WHM, THM/BLM.

The wardrobe itself is female only, naturally.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 18, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Genji weapons.
Lost Allagan weapons.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 18, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

He's saying talk to the NPCs that are around the actual quest NPCs, before you proceed, because they tend to have interesting and/or funny dialogue bits that are easily missed.
Speaking of, there can be some dialogue changes in surprising places.

(This one appears to come up after you do a side-quest in the Azim Steppe where an Adarkim warrior tells you that his older brother was forced into hiding after eight attempts on his life as a potential future khan.)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The women of the Miqo'te Seekers of the Sun don't really have much more meaningful last names than the guys; they're literally their father's name without the tribal indicator. Y'shtola Rhul means that her father is Y'rhul Nunh (or possibly Y'rhul Tia now).
And the Keepers of the Moon males don't even get unique names- they get their mother's full name with a suffix tacked onto the first name to indicate their birth order.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

It's gonna be so weird seeing Ramza and Delita with noses

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch up if you need to preload it.
1798.76 MB

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I think you can bypass that by clearing your DNS cache and/or changing your DNS to a new value (to/from Google, for example).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm getting the impression that the patch isn't in a fully uploaded state for PC and it's slowing down to hell because people reach the point where there's just barely anything to download. The process has died and started over from 0% for me several times and each time it goes further at a breezy download speed until hitting the bottleneck again.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looks like it speeds up dramatically around 1000-1100 MB downloaded.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New Orchestrion Rolls datamined:

Ambient Bonfire - Available for purchase in residential areas.
Ambient Kitchen - Available for purchase in residential areas.
The Measure of His Reach - Main scenario quest reward.
The Measure of Our Reach - Main scenario quest reward.
Impact - Available for exchange in Rhalgr's Reach.
Crimson Sunrise - Obtained in the Hidden Canals of Uznair.
On High - Available for exchange in Rhalgr's Reach.
Songs of Salt and Suffering - Available for exchange in Rhalgr's Reach.
A Father's Pride - Obtained in the Hidden Canals of Uznair.
Indomitable - Available for Kojin sango exchange in Tamamizu.
The Open Box - Obtained in Shisui of the Violet Tides.
Most Unworthy - Obtained in Bardam's Mettle.
Deception - Obtained in Kugane Castle.
Far From Home - Obtained in the Drowned City of Skalla.
The Worm's Head - Materials for synthesis obtained during the Minstrel's Ballad: Shinryu's Domain. ※Drop rates increase when participating at minimum IL.
The Worm's Tail - Materials for synthesis obtained during the Minstrel's Ballad: Shinryu's Domain. ※Drop rates increase when participating at minimum IL.
Trisection - Obtained in the Royal City of Rabanastre.
Precipitous Combat - Obtained in the Royal City of Rabanastre.
Ultima's Transformation - Obtained in the Royal City of Rabanastre.
Protagonist's Theme - Quest reward.
Background Story - Quest reward.
Ultima (Orchestral Version) - Obtained with a promotional code.
Heroes (Orchestral Version) - Obtained with a promotional code.
Starlit Gateway - Seasonal event reward.

New mounts:
https://imgur.com/a/SoeKf

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Think Beneath Bloodied Banners is still in limbo.

Royal City of Rabanastre has an interesting map.
https://imgur.com/a/yXKfR

New minions, too.
https://imgur.com/a/CEe1X

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 10, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

I totally forget, if you stay logged in on the launcher will it turn to a green button or do you have to restart the launcher?

You can click the World button on the Launcher and close out of that to force a refresh without logging out; if the servers are up, it'll bring the Play button up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sittin' on a queue. Siiiigh.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Managed to snag the cheapo plot I was eyeing. :unsmith:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A neat bit of background for the third Rabanastre raid boss: There was an unused Sagittarius Lucavi in Tactics named Rofocale (after Lucifuge Rofocale from the Grand Grimoire, of course); the name also went to an undead Time Mage in the Yuguewood battle. You can actually translate all of the zodiac names, despite only seven appearing corporeally in game. The missing six (after Rofocale) are Duma for Taurus (the one Argath is in possession of in this raid), Zebbeb for Cancer, Sel for Libra, Cheraub for Aquarius, and Leviathan for Pisces. I wouldn't be surprised if the future raids draw from the remaining set.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's at least a few side-quests where NPCs are trying to see if there's ways to break tempering (one I recall offhand is an Amalj'aa beast tribe quest). None have worked to date, but hope springs eternal, it seems.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Adamantoise? I recognize that shout from the other day.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Yep!

How do you feel about Adamantoise population? I hear some people complaining but I tend to brush it off
It seems alright to me. Never had a huge issue with getting anything done, though I've yet to do some of the big FATES.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You would have had to do hunts to get your cool witch dress anyways. AF2 was not awarded as part of quests the way AF1 was.

A friend of mine managed to speed level and then farm up the complete Dark Knight set... right before these coffers made their way in.
(They do still only award the Antiquated set, so you still have to do some work for the dyeable versions.)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The worst thing about the Ixal quests is that you need to equip their gloves every time and craft under conditions like "no cross-class skills."

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Alloran posted:

Working my way through 3.x stuff to get to Stormblood. This game is making me feel things. I'm glad it wasn't my troupe of idiots starring in poor decision theatre, but drat. Why won't people I kill stay dead.

Speaking of, didn't I kill Nero back at the end of 2.0? Or am I misremembering?
Seems you haven't finished the chain started with the "Legacy of Allag" sidequest in Mor Dhona after The Praetorium. You might enjoy it!
After you beat him, he fled during a brief power blackout triggered by Gaius booting up the Ultima Weapon.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Leofish posted:

I really liked a lot of the Verity gear (where can you get that now, by the way?)
The Ala Mhigan gear was moved to the Clan Centurio traders who sell Hunt Logs in Rhalgr's Reach and Kugane and are bought for seals now, as far as I've found.

As far as end of 4.2, these quotes in 4.1 seem the most relevant

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

- FATEs should spawn a little more frequently, or have spawn triggers (unless they do already)
The Notorious Monsters have pretty simple triggers. The zone just has to kill enough of a specific enemy, subject to cooldown between repeat FATE spawns (and possibly time of day/weather?). So like kill enough Flowering Sabotenders and Sabotender Corrido should pop right up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It might be later but the echo is not the same for every person who has it. The WoL's echo is the combat oriented one, Krile's is very sensitive to aether and other people's thoughts and doesn't work well for fighting. All of them get the primal protection, but that's about the only commonality.

I don't think we know what Minfilia's echo was all about because she did nothing with it, and she's definitely the worst character in the game, but other than the DF adventurers the only people you've met with the echo are Krile and Minfilia.

edit: oh and ysale
You can have met Arenvald, too!
...Just an NPC in the Waking Sands, but he joins the Scions about the same time you do, and talks about having the Hydaelyn dream.

...and I guess the Sahagin Priest in the Leviathan questline, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The composition makes it look like you have a tiny Kefka resting on your shoulder and I just want to know which conscience he is.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
You'll lose EXP for being rezzed outside of town.
Also for casting rez outside of town.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Make it an auto-effect. As soon as the barrier drops at the beginning of the dungeon it forces a healer into a casting animation and applies it to everyone. A random character if there's no healer on unsynced runs.
Now you're free to Rescue people into AOES all run long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Because then everyone would complain that Protect's not up.