Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Christmas sub is now mandatory. Well played Square.
Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Speaking of Orchestrion rolls, are we still missing Beneath Bloodied Banners? I've been waiting for that for ages but haven't seen it yet, have I just missed it or is it still not available?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Think Beneath Bloodied Banners is still in limbo.

Royal City of Rabanastre has an interesting map.
https://imgur.com/a/yXKfR

New minions, too.
https://imgur.com/a/CEe1X

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 10, 2017

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Those two orchestrion rolls that are via promotional code, anyone know anything about them?

Also, servers go up in just a few minutes over an hour, right?

I totally forget, if you stay logged in on the launcher will it turn to a green button or do you have to restart the launcher?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Those two orchestrion rolls that are via promotional code, anyone know anything about them?

Also, servers go up in just a few minutes over an hour, right?

I totally forget, if you stay logged in on the launcher will it turn to a green button or do you have to restart the launcher?

Been a while, but I'm fairly certain it won't just switch if you stay there.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

CuddlyZombie posted:

This is 100% a guess, but they did recently release an orchestral album and it definitely has at least one of those tracks on it, so I assume there.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Maguoob posted:

Been a while, but I'm fairly certain it won't just switch if you stay there.

Cool, thanks.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
The healer/caster outfit from the new raid is Olan the Astrologian's outfit, and the brd/mch outfit is none other than Mustadio's floppy, unbuttoned coveralls!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It switched for Stormblood iirc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The DRG is a recolour of this tank set.

Top notch. Not really interested in the others.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

You can click the World button on the Launcher and close out of that to force a refresh without logging out; if the servers are up, it'll bring the Play button up.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Weird that three of the sets are inspired by named characters with unique art/models, then the melee dps sets are just the female Samurai outfit

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Hogama posted:

Patch up if you need to preload it.
1798.76 MB

Lol, this isn't happening. 0.06MB/s; 600 minutes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Phone posted:

Keep closing out your launcher. That'll be a pain on PS4 though.

My patch seemingly instantly finished at around 900 meg for whatever reason so I guess my progress bar was fibbing to me.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Hogama posted:

You can click the World button on the Launcher and close out of that to force a refresh without logging out; if the servers are up, it'll bring the Play button up.

Thank you!!!

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
My launcher is bugged and it's telling me to launch the game via ffxivboot, but when I click that it tells me to launch the game via ffxivboot.

This sucks.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Keep closing out your launcher. That'll be a pain on PS4 though.

My patch seemingly instantly finished at around 900 meg for whatever reason so I guess my progress bar was fibbing to me.

I'm on PC. Apparently the PS4 CDN isn't making GBS threads the bed, lol.

e: oh got up to 16MB/s for all of 2 seconds, still going to miss it, though.
e2: ahahahaha back down to .06MB/s

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Phone posted:

Hope you didn't want a house in notjapan.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Use / change your VPN if you're having patching issues

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Launcher is starting to get mad, I think a ton of people are mashing the World button right now.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Launcher is starting to get mad, I think a ton of people are mashing the World button right now.

Getting that here too, so I think you're right :v:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Ignimbrite posted:

Use / change your VPN if you're having patching issues

I don't have a VPN.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Servers up now. "16,650" online on the FFXIV subreddit, good luck to those that want a house.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It's up

E: lobby error

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Launcher is blacked out, rip

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lovely looking dog added to Recruit a Friend
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/975ec80aae9a3ba08070215c577015fa589fe0ae

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

1011 in the queue. RIP medium plots.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Managed to grab the exact plot I wanted, somehow, and made someone really mad about "the lucky noobs getting the plots" so I feel like I did a good job

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sittin' on a queue. Siiiigh.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Panicked when I saw 244 people in the login queue ahead of me. But got in within 2 minutes and got the plot I wanted a good 30 seconds before I saw anyone else run up. Success!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And now 1000 people ahead of me in queue for Jenova lol. So much for a not Japan house. They must have gone in 30 seconds on Balmung.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

1200 in queue at 6:01 on Excal. I think there's only 720 plots total available so good loving game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I almost feel bad for being in the queue without wanting a house. I just want to see my friends Ramzer and Deleter

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mistaya posted:

1200 in queue at 6:01 on Excal. I think there's only 720 plots total available so good loving game.

Rest in pizzas.

e: 1132 in line. woo. :smith:

Phone fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 10, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I almost feel bad for being in the queue without wanting a house. I just want to see my friends Ramzer and Deleter

:same:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Managed to snag the cheapo plot I was eyeing. :unsmith:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Logged in after 770 people to find out all the Mediums and Larges were taken in Shirogane, but managed to find a #36 opened up on Mist. Still not a large but I'll take it, it's a drat good plot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PCD got a pretty good lot, #37.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I didn't get the plot I wanted but I did get the one right next to it so I suppose it's ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The new swimming section in the Goblet looks really nice, and I got a cool plot right next to it. :hellyeah:

Too bad I don't give a poo poo about housing so I can give this to a friend.