Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ghost of Starman posted:

Hey all - just started, got my Pugilist up to 15, leveled Gladiator & Thaumaturge up to 10 each to see if I liked any of them better, and started dipping my toe into a few of the crafting professions too. I won't say I'm feeling 'lost,' but maybe 'overwhelmed' is the right word.
I guess, other than "plow forward into the story, dump all mission XP into main class" is there anything else I should be looking into? Anything I should think about spending my leves on? Or my gil?

And just a general quality-of-life question, but - is there an easier way to switch between job classes than going into the Character pane, changing out their weapon, then clicking on the "equip recommended gear" button, etc. etc.? Any way to condense all that into a single easy step?

Yes. On that character screen, near the recommended gear button, is another button to open up gear sets. Make a gear set by pressing the little + button at the top of the menu that appears, then drag the set to your hotbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Harrow posted:

If you like the idea of Naruto-ing your way across Kugane, go NIN.

Every time I'm forced to run around like a loving airplane, my soul dies a little more. Also my character's back.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rip Excalibur. Spent most of O4 fighting the server queue before too many us were just not present in the fight.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair FF14 references every FF at every opportunity.

Ravana. :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Blockhouse posted:

I'm trying to imagine a world where that happens for me and I can't

like I don't care for the entire situation they're presenting here one bit. why am I helping this guy do jack poo poo?

You're humoring Hien.

Shy posted:

because you respect local traditions

In the form of murdering local deities.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

This was good.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ciaphas posted:

Have we ever seen any Imperial Lalafells?

At least one features during the Yanxia segment of SB.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah I dont believe it because the Aura dont think they are descendants of dragons and they probably are. Cat expansion will one day involve the dawn and dusk cats

The au ra aren't related to dragons.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SonicRulez posted:

I have yet to try Aquapolis. I thought it was more of a gatherer thing?

It's an alright source of some materials, but it's for combat classes.

It's also a good test to see just how many times you can get hype or get sad in a few seconds with those loving doors.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ainsley McTree posted:

How long has this been in the game??? I want that

You can get it from the wolves den or the golden saucer. The wolves den one is easier to get considering the time investment.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ciaphas posted:

I never once made it to the final floor of Aquapolis :(

The dungeon can sense your desire, so you gotta empty your mind of all hope of reaching the bottom floor.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Does Polis even do the fakouts anymore? I haven't seen that in a long time.

They got patched to be even more dickish.

Eopia posted:

Also remember to always pick Left, the one true door.

I've never made to the bottom by going right. I've also never gone right at all.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ghost of Starman posted:

This thread needs more pictures of people showing off their cool decked-out characters. (in my humble lowbie opinion)

The siren song of glamour shots calls.

Got a whisper while taking the ninja shot asking if I was cosplaying as Ganondorf, and now I'm sad there's no option for a massive mane hairstyle. Or just many big-hair hairstyles in general.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Thundarr posted:

I'm going to be... modestly annoyed(?) if monk ends up being the secret super DPS after I started leaning towards sam. At least the gear interchangeable other than the weapon.

All this talk of wanting GL4 instead of RoF now has me thinking about RoF being a 20 second buff that reduces your GCD to 1 second, a la Meditation. Now I'm sad that we don't have that instead.

Getting hit with an arrow is still some of the most fun I've ever had monking. Becoming Kenshiro for even a few seconds is bliss.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Augus posted:

*proceeds to analyze video game boobs*

help me

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Jay Rust posted:

Thanks!

When is that useful to know?

With some mechanics you want to not be autoattacking,

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Can't stop looking at the giant penis.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Xarbala posted:

I know this must seem obvious to others, but, how do you get Lost Allagan Weapons?

Do O4 for seven weeks for the crystalloid and buy ten creation tokens from the tomestone lady.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ciaphas posted:

Midlanders can't have cool horns :colbert:

Not with that attitude.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

All I want to do is fight Anima. Yojimbo was alright, but I need more aeons to kick the poo poo out of.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Was working out my WHM glamour earlier and I'm having trouble remembering the name of a pair of healer hands. All I remember is that they looked like giant lanterns on the wrist and google searching isn't being helpful.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Sounds like the SCH 200 AF gear. Probably out of luck if that's what you're thinking, since it's job specific.

gently caress, so they are. Thanks for identifying them though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well, almost complete, I can't pick between Blackflame and Blueflame. :ohdear:

Blue.

May not have obnoxiously huge lite brites on my hands, but at least I still have my old man staff. Also I love how many WHM poses look like shredding.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tried Nael the other day with three and the ice just eventually catches up in the last phase, though you might be able to burst the last few percent if you're quick enough. 4 seems to be the sweet spot for now.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

cheetah7071 posted:

Even assuming some pretty crazy mitigation and perfect hallowed ground timing (which I'm not 100% works because I don't know the exact number of seconds between ice) you'd still probably have to kill before the sixth or seventh ice, which I assume is well out of reach of paladin right now

Ice comes out too quick to out-rez it really. We tried once twice with NIN, RDM, and BRD, but there's just a bit too much health to burn down, and the time I tried tanking as DRK I couldn't survive the ice even with all my cooldowns.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

^^: :argh:

brokenknee posted:

Frey is still the best job mentor and if you think otherwise I really don't know what you're doing with your life.

That's a weird way to spell Hamon Holyfist.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Got a doma castle earlier that started out oddly. Realized the tank was using a 260 shire weapon despite the rest of their gear being the HQ stuff you get through the story.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

WHM gets Assize, the best skill.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm very confused at how the GLD/PLD quests could suck so loving hard, the ARC/BRD quests could be meh-average with a couple high notes, but the PGL/MNK quests are loving awesome.

The Monk quests are alright, but Dark Knight has pretty much killed it since 30 on.

Pugilist is best for class stories though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Look dude, that poo poo is hard to sing.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Farg posted:

I always thought it was "up above uplander"...

https://gamerescape.com/2017/06/06/lyrics-for-exponential-entropy-and-rise-revealed/

Keepin the pace up is easy, it's when the gobbies start yacking about their problems that I get tongue tied.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

RME posted:

whats this set from, is it just redeemed for MGP in gold saucer or something more elaborate?

It's the taoist set. You can craft it or get it off the market for way too much money.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I can't help but stare at the party when I'm tanking. If for no other reason then there's not much else to watch in non-raid content.

Had a Vault run yesterday where I had to tell the 70 scholar to summon his fairy and stop spamming physick when I didn't need it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's just the camera angle.

Augus posted:

Final Fantasy XV has a butt slider

Wanna watch the rage when only races with muscle sliders are the only ones to get the butt slider.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Grondoth posted:

What's with Astrologians who don't use cards? I keep finding these people! Why even bother leveling one all the way up if you're not gonna use the core mechanic?

People who level through potd. Never intend on playing astro myself, still coached a first timer on how to astro after a whole floor of him just spamming benefic.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Marathanes posted:

Alka Zolka is a gal, isn't she?

No.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Count Bleck posted:

I LOVE TO (quick) RELOAD DURING A BATTLE.

THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THAN SLAMMING A LONG SILVER BULLET INTO A WELL NERFED CLASS.

:suicide:

/gbarrel. Don't sully that revolver with pointless decoration.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fister Roboto posted:

Speaking of dumb things, why is it that I can use Delirium when I don't have Blood Weapon or Blood Price active for zero effect?

It's also an mp restore, so just less effect, not zero.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dwesa posted:

drat, they just wanted their sirensong ERP glamours and you wanted the healer to cast protect TWICE? Outrageous.

That's Shisui. Sirensong is the gear nobody wears cause it's 260 and you can just get shire gear super easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Blockhouse posted:

Here's a summary of all the stuff from the Yoshida in-game interview

https://gamerescape.com/2017/08/05/yoshi-ps-walk-on-gaia-data-center-reveals-new-info/

Shinryu Extreme in 4.1!

Screw that, I want that boss to be an actual Yojimbo trial.