Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zenos is honestly creepy. Like, every moment he's on screen feels slimy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Die Sexmonster! posted:

I wouldn't expect her in 5.0, but the devs have a long memory.

Yeah these guys never forget anything.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blockhouse posted:

I think the expansion that has the leader writer who also wrote the dark knight questlines that were explicitly about having free will and choosing to do the right thing even amidst frustration and pain and sorrow is not going to have the plot twist that you never had free will at all

Yeah this.

Anyways on a meta level there's no way such a twist will be straightforward if it's being used as the stinger on a trailer.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Captain Cappy posted:

I feel like they could have slaughtered the Scions without the dumb mind control plot, since their gate guard was friggin' Tataru.

If Tataru says you're not allowed in that's it. You're not getting in.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Even if PoTD/HoH is the most efficent way to get exp it's better to do other things as well to keep your soul from being crushed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Game is pretty ya'll.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ort posted:

One itch that FFXIV can’t scratch for me is the ability to make your character feel like your own, beyond cosmetics. There’s basically no customization that impacts gameplay, no choice you make as a player that makes your monk any different from any other monk.

This is by design of course and makes it easy for them to balance their game and cater to people less familiar with MMOs, but that has always been the most core part of MMOs I’ve enjoyed before. Wonder if they’ll ever introduce anything like that.

I feel like part of this is because you can't change class without making a new character in WoW. So to cater to different types of players they make each class have like a DPS spec, maybe a Tank Spec, etc.

FFXIV, since one character can do everything, doesn't need this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Infidel Castro posted:

XI got updates up until 2015 and they would probably still be expanding it if that style of MMO wasn't horribly outdated. Realistically XIV is only 7 years old, feels like a modern MMO, and as long as people are subscribing they'll keep adding content.

Actually XI is still getting updates.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55525?_ga=2.133190990.1155679271.1560900445-87324258.1560900445

This is the lastest update, earlier this month. Which added a new fight and job adjustments. It's not getting any major expansions from the looks of it, but there's still gradually new stuff being added.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Start doing leves

Lots and lots of leves.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Countblanc posted:

Yeah. It's 10/10 mana for 300 potency (it's also ranged if Enchanted). If the numbers stay the same as the April build we saw it will be used very sparingly, but those might change - it really depends on if SE designed it to be a galaxy brain minmax tool for people with brain worms like me to optimize and otherwise mostly ignore, or if it's supposed to be used somewhat regularly. Or if it's just RDM Scathe

I figure it's mostly just for when you need to move but don't have a dual cast proc ready.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tag yourself I'm the guy shrugging.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

mmmmm poo poo, there go my queue times.

Thought I had heard/read somewhere that they had something resembling a healing skill.

Bard could use Conjurer skills in 1.0.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cleretic posted:

Bard (and soon Dancer) kind of demonstrate a big pitfall of simplifying everything down to a 'DPS/healer/tank' triangle, because a non-healing support doesn't cleanly fit into that. They're classed as DPS not because that's what they're definitely supposed to be, but because they don't really have anywhere else to be.

At least they're useful and collectively understood to be in that weird position, though. It avoids Symmetra's problem in Overwatch, where 'support' was taken to mean 'healing' so she was seen as a bad support, and then she was retooled into being more of a supporting DPS but didn't fit into that niche either.

Yeah I think they would have saved themselves a lot of headaches if they had made a fourth "Support" category back in 2.0. But, alas.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cabbit posted:

Kind of a hard sell to have a role just for one job and one job only. Queue times would be even worse than they already are.

Presumably they would have made another support job when deciding this instead of just having Bard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blockhouse posted:

They had to make Alphinaud and Alisaie twins because they couldn't afford to make another model an extra job at ARR launch wasn't ever in the cards

I mean, yeah. This sort of thing would have been decided in the basic design phase and the end result would be fairly different than we got.