Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

rip my class. other class got buffed but my class got nothing. loving SE doesn't know how to balance their own game. my class players are hosed yet again. Great JOb!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

i like drg

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

drg is...good? :thunk:

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The drg potency change probably means you actually want to use BotD extenders even in Lotd, but I don't remember enough details of how the LotD sequence worked to math it out.

I think it almost assuredly means we can Lifesurge the second extender if the CD doesn't line up with Full Thrust.

in an uninterrupted single target situation, life surge always lines up w/ full thrust, so i don't think it'll change much, there. i was expected a base potency buff for F&C/WT, but 70 is more than i was thinking. it is the only pot buff though :(

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

instances going away for areas not named "The Lochs"

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/b4914fd0d76b6b65549a06cdbb4979a19ded7462

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Does anyone have that gif of one of the fights from My Hero Academia but with DRK skill icons shopped in and the subtitles making it about a dungeon last stand? Tia.

http://thelairofthesideburns.tumblr.com/post/163209500754/darkknightmp4

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

i find shinten a nice hard-hitting skill that's satisfying to use. its animation is snappy so using it several times in rapid succession feels good too. i think people who find more enjoyment in building up to a fat kaiten + midare might like sam less as they level it more. even then, it's hard to get enough kenki to kaiten every iaijutsu before lv 62.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

The issue here is that second wind is a mediocre ability. Goad, Invigorate, Diversion and True north are the 4 more or less unimpeachable choices for melee dps with second wind being a solid 5th choice for general play, although you may get more mileage out of leg sweep. Your tl;dr is technically correct, but is bad as a generalist point of advice for someone levelling up a fresh melee dps. There are way, way, way more instances where being able to ignore positionals for a bit will be the highest net gain of dps any of your role actions can have, and by the time a person gets to the point where they are min maxing role skills based on fight conditions, they would have enough sense to know to drop true north on an omni directional fight anyway.

da faq?

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Are there any fight specific tricks as a melee in O6S people can think of? My two clears are 9th and 16th percentile without deaths and I was used to getting pretty good parses in deltascape. Lyrina Galera on Ultros if someone wants to look at my actual runs on fflogs

O6S or O5S? O6S is one of the most melee friendly raid fights in the game. Learning when to move to hit the pictures with the paint in between GCDs is important. When the boss does fire + earthquake, you don't have to hit the painting for the plane until the cast is just about finished so you can stay attacking him longer. When the boss casts release he'll move from whatever corner he's in to the center, and when he casts possession he'll move from the center to a corner. Get the timing down for when to move with him so you don't have to run after him and lose GCDs and auto attacks. The main thing that will screw your up-time as melee in this fight is getting into the plane too early and getting targeted for the feint particle beam style mechanic where you just have to run away. Otherwise, it's a straightforward fight to get good up-time as a melee DPS in, and if you've been getting good parses before I'm going to assume it's an up-time issue and not a rotational issue.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

that's the limit break

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

vOv posted:

See this is what I don't get.

17 seconds: Jump + SSD, 2 eyes.
47 seconds: Jump, 3 eyes, enter life -> 0 eyes.
77 seconds: Jump + SSD, 2 eyes.
107 seconds: Jump, 3 eyes, enter life -> 0 eyes.

Maybe it's just because I haven't actually played dragoon in a while but it feels like I'm missing something super obvious here.

his numbers are way off. yours are right

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Verranicus posted:

I just got called an idiot for telling some dude who insisted we were all noobs for not stacking on the edge of the arena during Thodan normal during the Light of Ascalon part instead of pushing towards the middle. Was he right? Were we all doing it wrong? I mostly just like to be in the middle to get a better view of the animations, but I'm pretty sure being on the edge of the arena has no benefit. (Yes I know it's faceroll easy but it still ruffled my feathers, and I've never heard of that 'strategy' before).

who cares

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

I'd rather have more slots for things to store. I'd also be cool with just 10 glamour plates if they allowed you to glamour things straight from the dresser, without needing to create a plate. If you go to cast a glamour on something, you should be able to choose between things currently in your inventory, and also things in your dresser/armoire. It's also not clear whether they're going to increase the limit of 200 items, or just allow a greater variety of items to be put inside the dresser.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait have the class changes been discussed by the devs openly for AST? I need to know because sub 40 content is rear end. (I'm sure as I get closer to 60 I will feel the same as I get more and more cool toys to cast.)

The known AST changes are

-Aspected Helios is getting an unspecified buff, most likely concerning its effective radius.

-Damage spells (Malefic, possibly Gravity as well) are having their cast times reduced.

-Lightspeed's MP reduction effect being increased from 25% to 50%, and its associated damage debuff is being removed.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

AST is still favored in high-end speed-running groups for its ability to buff the party and increase overall raid DPS, but it has the worst MP management of the 3 healers by far, and using cards in between casting spells is very clunky.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

SCH's chain strategem, a button that you just push once to activate and happens to be perfectly lined up with trick/tether just by existing, provides a dps contribution on par with all of AST's card buttons put together right now

not even close but SCHs higher personal dps more than makes up for it

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

the roulette consists of fights that are like 5-10 minutes rather than a 30 minute raid. i'd compare it more to trial roulette than anything.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

You can buy it from the namazu beast tribe once you get rank 2 which most ppl probably did yesterday

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

AIDS

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

uh... is the leak that one guy posted actually real? the first boss matches up

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

lol this Ninja quest. I like how they're bringing back the old Thief class quest folks, since it bugged me how they'd disappeared for some other jobs (like Bard, at least through the Heavensward job quests I've done).

I'm pretty sure they maxed out the muscles on this Zakuro lady.

If you look up NPCs on garlandtools.org/db/ you can find their appearance data and what exactly they're wearing, what their sliders are set at, what face options they're using, etc. In this case, she really does have the muscles at 100 lol

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Shouldn't we have the preliminary patch 4.45 notes by now? I thought it came out in two days.

Non-major patch notes generally don't drop until after the servers go down for maintenance.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

What does that mean for Foe requiem I wonder.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Maybe. 5K hours in over 5 years and I've never had that happen. Nor been locked out of any steam game for any period of time. Probably still nothing to worry about.

On the lighter side:

All he'd do was Sic Titan Egi with that macro and sit back and watch.

Never seen a party rush to kick someone so fast.

this is the same guy who refused to equip a job stone until 4.0 came out. i think he's literally insane

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

They already said that it's more about removing TP than merging the two. Invigorate and Tactician are confirmed to be going away in 5.0.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

It's big boy season

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

You can buy things from other servers but you can only sell on your home world.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

looks like there's a real leak of PLDs new skills out there now. don't wanna post it in case some ppl don't want to see it.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

and ninja too

Klewer fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 22, 2019

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Cabbit posted:

MCH report plus a couple other things, including a SAM ability--- feels credible but it's just text so it's even more sketch than screenshots:

"MCH's level 80 ability turns your turret into a fuckin robot, you can detonate wildfire at will, main stat materia is being removed, all jobs are gonna have 10k mp, piety is gonna change your natural mp regen rate, samurai is getting an ability to repeat their last attack- so you can do 2x midare - no chainsaw for mch but there is drill, auto crossbow, and bioblaster, heat works completely different now."

This is from the same person who posted those screenshots of the nin and pld skills so it's as credible as those even though it's just text.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Some people don't like to see leaks, or don't like the idea of somebody under NDA leaking stuff for internet clout.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

that was so sick. im overwhelmed

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I have to wonder if Umbral Hearts will also lower the cost of NotFlare or if it'll only be Flare.

You can see the description of umbral hearts in the B4 tooltip there, and it makes no mention of Despair. It might be a tooltip error as those are almost certain to exist in this early build, but for now I would assume that Despair's MP cost is not affected by umbral hearts

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

It's a spammable aoe nuke.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

do we have the new blm actions yet?

All, or at least most, of the new blm actions were shown during the live letter gameplay demonstration. You can see them here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ygOuLAyavlPKjiyFyjZa36PPFbZcrXSqEd9R2HFg2Mk/preview

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

They're changing the levels things are learned at a lot. I think that's a good thing.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

It feels like tanks and healers are going to be so powerful now. Maybe the amount of incoming damage in level 70+ stuff will be really high to make up for it, but these CDs healers are getting sound absolutely insane.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Hogama posted:

haha just kidding i'll never get to sleep

That lance charge tooltip was confirmed fake by somebody. And that RoF tooltip seems completely insane so I'm callin bs

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Odd question about this. Why is the level 76 spell at the end?

Abilities that can't be placed directly on your hotbar come at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

The second boss does an earth DoT on a random person called sludge. I think he was pointing out that you didn't cleanse it.