Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So thanks to the OP for convincing me that i need to go buy Stormblood tommorow even though i'm nowhere near done with Heavensward yet, didn't realize you just to be level 50 and own Stormblood to get the classes as opposed to Heavensward where you needed to actually get to Ishgard before you could even look at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Having now gotten to actually try it out i'm kinda liking the new song mechanics of BRD. But i kinda wish it was tied to something other than crit ticks on 2 dots because sometimes you just don't get enough repertoire points in the 30 seconds per song to get to use the effects.

Perhaps it'll be better at 60 something when Emypheral Arrow can force cast that poo poo though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Since they get rid of the GOOD AOE ability for Bards i'm almost tempted to not even use Quick Nock for AOE purposes and replace it for something else.Even though Rain of Death shares a cooldown with Bloodletter, throwing on Mage's Ballad usually solves any availability issues it has plus you don't have to get close to the enemies to have it be effective plus with AOE potency down across the board i'm less inclined to even bother with it.

Even if it was only about 10 potency off from Quick Nock, that flip made all the difference :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Is there a rotation to using the bard songs? Or it suppose to be based more on the situation/what you want at the time?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

gear appearance was a few pages back but i'm surprised that not a whole lot of Archer/Brd gear is super revealing outside of early levels with the various Harnesses and Subligars. The closest that comes to that is the Rainbow Shirt of Aiming that basically is a jacket that you leave open.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I haven't tried the new pvp yet but you guys almost make it sound like any time Child's week is going on in WoW and the people that don't PVP go do PVP just for the achievement of taking an orphan into a war zone with you.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I can't loving believe right as you're about to actually fight Nidhogg with Answers going in the background...they make you wait 30 minutes for a queue! This fight better be as good as Thordan.

At least i've got some good music to listen to while i wait i suppose :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

How many more quests till i get to Stormblood? Just finished up the fight with the Warriors of Darkness. Kinda thought that was going to be the end but this stuff with this Griffon dude seems like he's gonna get in the way...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Just got to Stormblood tonight! Can't wait to take back Ala Mhigo with my comb-raids.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Going back to the WoW discussion a few pages back. At least this game is upfront about how important your character is to the plot, you know your role and you (and your ever changing dungeon queue rando friends) are good at it.

Like with WoW i don't even know where your character is suppose to fall in power in terms of Warcraft. I've not played Legion yet so i don't know how stupidly OP your character is suppose to be but up until at least Lich King you were just some random adventurer right? Stronger than a normal person but not nearly as cool and Thrall and friends? Plus lets not forget that every time a new expansion comes out the Alliance and the Horde have to come together to beat the bad guy anyway so what is even the drat point of fighting each other anymore. Or what about a dungeon/raid that lets you party up with people of any faction?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm really digging Stormblood dungeons so far, it's quite a different experience running these things when everybody is not being level synced down a poo poo ton, although they seem to spread out a lot more than Heavenswards were both i've done so far are pretty cool and memorable. I especially liked Violet Hold and turning into an old woman to avoid being seduced to death.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Had a dumb moment in a run of Balsears Wall today, died on the first pull because i saw the chain effect from those little drones amd assumed "oh sweet the dragoon is throwing that eye ability on me, cool!" Died in the middle of Armys Peon buff because we had a Monk instead of a Drg :(

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The Steppes is a cool area, having 2 different honorable warrior clans was a little grating though. At least they came through and delivered on a humongous fight at the end that wasn't just a cutscene.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how good is brd utility? i'm debating leveling it vs drg and i'd rather go with whichever helps out raids more.

BRD is the closest thing you're gonna get to a straight up support class that isn't a healer. All of the physical ranged DPS role abilities are basically there for support but combining those with BRD's new abilities and class mechanics and you have a job that everybody will love to have around due to having extra regen.

I don't know how much support Drg actually has other than the eye ability that increases damage, but i'm sure it's better than Brds Foe Requiem for simple fact that it sticks around a lot longer.

Like seriously, Foe's is like 3% increased damage for maybe 6-7 seconds overall? Kinda nuts on the MP drain for that ability.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Clarste posted:

This is literally your superpower. It makes you one of the strongest people in the world.

But i thought our superpower was being able to see into people's souls and see their past in flashback form?

On the note of The Echo it's always bugged me that as important as the Scions of the 7th Dawn are in fighting Primals only 2 of the original members were actually immune to being mind controlled by the drat things. Not that the primals actually try doing that outside of the base ARR stuff but hey :shrug:

Also also it's great to see [i assume] Square listening to feedback and lessening the amount of extra poo poo you have to do before you can actually go fight a newly introduced primal. I started noticing it when it came down to fighting i think Leviathan and the solution is "oh lets just tie 2 ships together!" and then they do it off screen and you go fight him immediately :psyduck:. Then with Lakshmi you only get to see her for 1 cutscene before they just let you storm the drat Aetherite room and go fight her! Like wow what an improvement!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah i believe it's right around that area that leveling slows down on purpose as the intention as you go do things that aren't just questing? At least that's how i believe it was told to me when i was around that level range.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

SB final dungeons spoilers ahead

The fight with Zenos in Ala Mihgo was kind of a disappointment after all the build up through the story, but then Shinryu comes in and kinda knocks the poo poo out of you for getting complacent. It's me, i'm the pubbie that dies to the first tidal wave attack thinking i have to move AWAY from the deadly water summoned by the dragon :allears:

I'm glad i have help from my FC though, can't imagine doing that fight with pubbies at all.

Unrelated to Stormblood, the more i find out about 1.0 of this game the weirder it is. Like finding out that Bard limit breaks originally healed? :psyduck: The more i end up finding out about the original game the more it sounds like vanilla/early TBC WoW

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Check your weapon in particular, it's wildly the most important piece of gear for every class, including tanks and healers.

Primo advice right here! Been leveling MRD and i was super excited to finally get dungeon queues unlocked so i went into it and immediately had a lovely experience in Copperbell Mines. Coulden't hold aggro worth a drat, my damage was horrible and the one big pull i did almost ended in a wipe. It wasen't until the healer yelled at me to change my weapon did i notice i still had a level 5 axe equipped, immediately switched to the one i got from the 15 quest and things were back to what they were suppose to be.

You see the small changes in numbers you get new weapons but it really,really makes huge difference.

Also had a Red Mage question, if get a Verfire or Verstone proc, do i want to use those as is or do i want to Jolt first to instacast it? The cast times on those are short like Jolt's so i assume you're suppose to just cast them normally but the mana gained is about the same either way i think?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

That said, no you're not really supposed to love them other than Hilda

FTFY :colbert:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Was running Shisui today and the talk got into limit breaks somehow. I mention that i'm suprised that Big/Might Guard wasen't in the game somewhere and then our tank goes like "oh you mean this Mighty Guard?" and blew our level 2 limit break just for a joke.

Like, i guess i don't know what else i expected the tank's defense increasing limit break to be but it still surprised me because i've never seen a tank use a limit break in my 3 months of playing.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Just got WAR to 30 and got my tank stance, is this suppose to be like WOW where i keep my tank stance on for the whole dungeon no matter happens or should i drop it once it's safe to do some extra damage? Knowing the way this game and how most random dungeons work i would assume i do drop it for more Deeps but the cautious side of me says to just keep it on at all times.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It was some pages back now but really, really want raid fights based off Bravely Default and Mystic Quest

The Mystic Quest fight would involve just hitting your duty action when the boss/some NPC says so until you win, and i'll be some people will gently caress even THAT up :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Being on Obey is fine since it'll cast the normal cure on it's own and you'll want to use their cooldown abilities yourself anyway.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So now that i finally hit 70 i guess i should actually care about putting materia on my gear and how that whole system works? How exactly should a BRD be putting up materia? Should i be doubling up on stats that are already on the gear/weapon or should i be putting stuff in that isn't already there?

EG:If my bow has Direct Hit and Crit, should i slot in Det or should i put some more DH and Crit?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So what is the point of Scathe suppose to be? Other than no cooldown and the potential for double damage isn't it better to just keep cycling fire/ice?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So as WAR that just got to the 50's and can now do trials and stuff like that which involve another tank, what is the proper procedure for handling that kind of thing?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I personally always start fights in Mages, then go to either Peon or Wanderer's to throw out whatever Troubadour will help reduce damage in the fight.

But yeah you can never really go wrong with using it either way.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I really wish the various skirts for BRD's were either just a tiny bit longer so that they will stick out from under my glamourd Rainbow Shirt. Or at the very least i wish more of them had less thigh high stockings attached because they just don't look that great along with the red and white coloring i'm going for.

Being fashionable while trying to avoid outright skimpyness is so hard :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Skaw posted:

Try the Ureaus Skirt. It's still short, but longer than say, the cashmere skirt and the skirts used by crafting sets. The game definitely needs more knee-length skirts though. Whatever limitatioms be damned, there's already clipping with some equipment combos. Glamour can be built around that.

This actually works perfectly! A shame i'm not sure how to get a screenshot from the PS4 other than just possibly uploading it somewhere else. Does the Gpose camera allow you to take pictures too or are you suppose to do that somehow else? Definitely isn't a button on the controller.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Also holy poo poo is it ever hard to keep track of everything a Bard should be doing in the middle of all that nonsense. BLM has it positively simple by comparison. :mad:

The amount of information you have to keep up with isn't so bad in itself, it's just that it's scattered haphazardly with way to much eye movement involved to the point where it's really easy to lose track of something and end up losing damage. I'm just now getting into raiding myself and between trying to remember mechanics and trying not to die, i usually end up forgetting to hit Iron Jaws or playing the next song or fat fingering Straight Shot when i don't need to, especially with the increased duration.

Speaking of the Endless Summer isle, it took me until today to notice that your character can't actually go entirely barefoot? At least Hyur midlander are wearing like sandals or something if you take your boots off. Also would now be a good time to try and leveling Fishing/Culinarian since the fish are in high demand? Don't know much about how the fishing works in this game so i assume you could just fish off the water of the Isle itself and charge for 7 bits of fish.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Got Deliverance as WAR and i suppose you're suppose to be stance dancing a ton to get the most use huh? Trying to tank it in for extensive periods of time usually ends with aggro dropping before too long. Get gauge in Deliverance, switch to Fell Cleave, then switch back?

How the hell were you suppose to use these when you lose 50 beast gauge when you changed? That would be so damned annoying.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

it's bullshit that a wanderer's minuet button doesn't turn into pitch perfect while WM is up and it's bullshit that i can't figure out a macro to do that

You know i've never thought about how much perfect sense this makes, they already have the technology for this because of the stance only abilities of WAR that change to their "counterpart" when you switch stances.

As it is now playing on a controller, i kinda dread getting another level cap increase because that would mean more abilities and i'm already using 2 full hotbars which is already a pain to switch between in a timely fashion sometimes.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Are you using your W cross hotbars and your L+R cross hotbars? Like the only classes that spill over after adding those are scholar and summoner and even then that's only if you go halfway with each for convenience's sake

I know there is an option for L+R crossbar but i don't know what you mean by W? Not sure where in the options menu those things are either sadly.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I was lamenting the fact that WAR didn't get a "jump in" attack kinda like DRK and PLD then i hit 62 and instead of any of that it almost looks to me like Reinhardt's charge so i'm happy again :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just a shame they got bored of painting this after they got past the knockers.

She has a great rack yeah for an aether zombie type thing, or whatever the hell she's suppose to be at this point

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Was this literally just announced because i work at a Dominos and don't have any idea what the hell this is and there are none at my store atm :(

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

There is a graphics settings that turns on for PS4 Pro only but i'm not sure how much of an impact that would make in a game like this.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Had a Red Mage just now in Shisui complain that i shouldn't be stance swapping because he kept ripping aggro off me in Deliverance. Once i told him i'm going to keep doing it because i like to do damage, he spent the entire next pull AFK typing out some long diatribe on how it's a leveling dungeon and it doesn't matter and i should learn how to "weave" Overpower into my DPS The pull he sat out was slightly slower, but suddenly there were no issues, no problems with the ninja or the healer taking aggro at all.

Why he waited until the last pull before the final boss is a bit of a mystery to me. Correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like just randomly throwing in overpowers while in Deliverance is a bit of a waste since aggro gain sucks dick while you're in Deliverance and that is time that is better spent Fell Cleaving/Decimating.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Of course protagonist man plays a catgirl, seems to have more clothes on than the ones i normally see though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Leofish posted:

When I go into a dungeon as a Samurai, I goad the poo poo out of people. I use it on every big pull I can, when it's up.

But I'm the one who always runs out of TP. I always have to invigorate on large pulls because being a steel blender is taxing. Sometimes I wish for a goad too, but I'm usually in groups with magic DPS.

From what i understand, the dungeon finder will always try to find one ranged/caster DPS and one melee so technically it's doing its job. Although it's a shame you never seem to party up with a BRD or MCH then, since they are the only ones that could possibly do anything goad-ish for you.