Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

PDT is super helpful for euro players, yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's ok, someone posted god's own timezone, gmt

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I really like the idea for the auto-heal-on-threshold, but it shouldn't be on a timer. Make it permanent until triggered, but you can only have it on one person at a time.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

That's a Sick Menu Screen

:same:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

lmao if you actually sit in a line, just spam it until its gone through.

yeah this, there's several servers per datacenter and several instances per server, there's no way to get everyone into a line, much less a single one.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/328578-Half-my-dragoon-skills-deleted-%28?p=4202368&viewfull=1#post4202368

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Hats posted:

When i first looked at that screenshot in the timg I though it was the bridge area on the western side of the South Shroud and the line had spanned both areas.

99% of the people are standing right on top of the npc.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Heh, this early access which exists to specifically test the servers prior to launch is having server issues, what a bunch of idiot loving morons.

this, but unironically.

they knew how many people entered early access codes, they've done this before with hw. there's no excuse.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

It's not worth it to pay for a massive server increase for a day or two of increased population. Six months from now, no one is going to give a poo poo about this first day congestion.

renting a beefy server costs literally $50/month these days.

Injuryprone posted:

It's not like you're gonna die.

You have no idea :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

I havent been able to play yet, how hosed up and terrible is this extremely good mmo expansion

Ridiculously good when it's working. I expect an emergency maintenance soon.

beergod posted:

I stopped playing right before the first expansion came out. Can I just buy Stormblood and jump in or is there a guide or something for people like me?

You can pretty much jump in as long as your MSQ is done.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon King posted:

And servers crashed.

yeah, instead of that instance server crashing every so often, eventually enough people will be in the area to take down the field map instead lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:rip: primal

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

legion was fine :shrug:

so was heavensward. hiccuped a bit at the very start for like an hour, but after that it was all smooth sailing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the annoying part is their complete silence about the situation, beyond "try again later", while the amount of people waiting there is enough to fill the instance for literal weeks.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ocatamai posted:

I've been watching player search on Exodus to see how many people are getting into the new zones and about 7 players per hour average.

Which is to say that number currently stands at 59.

lmfao, so the instance is limited to roughly 1 player per server if you consider it takes 10 minutes to complete.

Sinteres posted:

Why would anyone stan for a corporation this hard?

terminal stockholm syndrome

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kaldaris posted:

I wish I had the PvP Combo buttons for casual instancing and grinding.

Calling it now, combo buttons by 5.0 at the latest. It's just so silly that it isn't a thing in pve but is in pvp.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

Don't 👏 take 👏 time 👏 off 👏 work 👏 for 👏 MMO 👏 launches. 👏

you're not my real dad

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

At no point have I taken Square-Enix's side.

Mordiceius posted:

You paid for Stormblood, a game releasing on June 20th.

A preorder bonus is explicitly that, a bonus, something extra beyond what you paid for. It is not a requirement and there is no guarantee.

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Heavensward launch was smooth as butter compared to this shitshow.

That's the biggest irony in all this, IMO. They know how to do this right. Then someone checked and 7 people per hour per server are getting through the instance. Something's terribly wrong there.

Mordiceius posted:

Im confused, how was that me defending the server explosions?

You're defending SE with that, hth.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

There's an unspoiled botany node that spawns just south of Raubahn, and if there are too many people around him it will get culled.

I find running like 2 draw distances away and then coming back makes it work.

e: thankfully the window is now 2 hours. I'd have missed it a few times due to this otherwise.

Truga fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 17, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nuru posted:

You left out the gross mutually exclusive nature of Aetherflow and Aethertrail now. You can't use Aetherflow during Dreadwyrm Trance anymore, and if you use Aetherflow while you have any Aethertrail stacks you lose as many AF stacks as you have AT.

It feels pretty bad. I'd rather have the ability to drop AT stacks that we had before than this hamstrung system that feels like it only exists because they wanted to add a shiny UI element.

Actually, it made SMN easy to play to the point that even I can manage. I could never get my head around to how smn plays before, now it's super easy, and aethertrails finally don't go away if you gently caress up even slightly for the ~optimal rotation~

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

orcane posted:

Good news, you can gently caress up slightly and end up with even more of a penalty now if you ever manage to waste a charge.

Summoner was not hard before.

Hard? No. Annoying? Very yes.

Also gently caress up how? The only thing that can miss is bane, and missing a bane still only puts you back 60 seconds, instead of 120 like before.

That and I haven't missed a bane for over 2 years.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

queeb posted:

it's really fun and im enjoying it a lot. Thunder IV is amazing to fire off in dungeons. I'm only 67 so I have cheaper flare and foul to look forward to so things are just gonna get better.

You can basically do a blizz 3, blizz 4, thunder IV, fire III, fire 2, fire 2, triple cast flare, flare, convert, flare. you can probably swiftcast a foul in there as well to give you 4 instant huge AOE bombs. and its only a 90 sec cooldown.

I have some good news. Max-ether drops in dungeons now, and it's enough MP to cast an extra flare at level 70.

Ask me how opening a trash fight with foul + flare + flare + flare + flare went...

nuru posted:

I'm having trouble putting my finger on why SCH feels so bad, but I think it's that I have very little to do and the only good parts of my kit all require aetherflow. Bane still requiring aetherflow despite losing miasma 2, blizzard, and a good shadow flare feels absurd.

SCH is really nice as raid healer now, you bring infinite MP and shitloads of instant heals through lustrate, indom and excog (which is a pre-castable lustrate with 50 more potency). Shields haven't been nerfed at all either and can still produce silly poo poo through crit -> deploy.

For dungeons it's turbotrash though. The AOE nerf was dumb and keeping a tank up in a big pack of trash is literally impossible unless you're overgeared. Mind this is just my experience up to level 69.

Truga fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 23, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nuru posted:

Are the WHM/AST folks the dps now in ~real content~?

A sch can still maintain MP while doing dps, thanks to lucid dreaming + aetherflow + the odd energy drain here and there, but I'm not sure about the other two. I've only just hit 70 with sch. For dungeons definitely just go whm/ast though. Holy/gravity is still the highest spammable aoe potency in the game I think.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I just got shittalked for the first time since I've been healing in this game.

I queued for the 2 ex dungeons, got fist, and apparently pulling as much as humanly possible when both the tank and the healer are in entry level 70 gear is a grand idea. Eventually in one of the pulls tank died and this happened:

https://udba.org/ff30/ffxiv_23062017_061342.jpg

Later on he also said he'd reported me for my raise macro :laugh:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Shy posted:

I thought it was the fourth person just trying to be helpful! Mana Shift is awesome when used by other players on me.

Yeah the 4th person was a well adjusted person, I got their comm in the end :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Flavahbeast posted:

all religions are bad except for the correct one (worshipping the twelve)

no that one's pretty poo poo too. see: ishgard

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tanks who think they can still cross their tank stance off after getting an aggro lead are cute. Even in level 60 synced content, they're dropping aggro like it's hot thanks to E.Moulinet.

I didn't have issues doing it as a PLD in 60 dungeons against RDMs and SAMs, but I have no idea if they were pushing their aggro down buttons (they're pretty good players so probably). Also, I have a habit of starting in shield oath and doing 2 full halone combos with all cooldowns running before switching to sword stance, so it's pretty hard to catch up as long as I keep pushing buttons.

Saint Freak posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is DPS Hurting Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Orange Areas Like Nigga Hit Your W Key Haha

Nice.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

Second Wind is an emergency button I should never have to hit. Mistakes happen though and I prefer to clean up my own messes when I can.

Second wind is probably very nice for solo content emergencies, but if you get hit by something in a dangerous moment group content, someone somewhere already hit their lustrate button. Or you're playing with bad healers, in which case, all is vain.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:allears:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Remember as far as role abilities go, there is zero penalty to change them at any time outside of combat.

There is nothing to stop healers from casting protect at the start of a dungeon and then changing it out. DPS do not need a stun or silence unless they're specifically going to be stunning/silencing things.

I recast protect every time I raise someone so I'd rather not get in the habit of switching it out tbh, and now it costs 0 MP and that's hilariously nice.

e: though you did say dungeon, that's more of a thing in trials/raids.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
without protect: https://udba.org/ff30/ffxiv_24062017_191911.jpg
with protect: https://udba.org/ff30/ffxiv_24062017_191916.jpg

I'm sure someone will do the math, but it's probably not enough to even matter unless you're a tonk? Maybe also drg for physical or caster for magic damage?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

How many times do you have to kill Ixion for that? just once?

6, it drops 2 horns per gold medal, you need 12.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Expert dungeons are going to feel sloggy for a while because nobody is outgearing them by 50 ilevels anymore.

everyone bringing just i310 weapons already makes poo poo much much better, tbh.

Zaphod42 posted:

With the 50/60 yes, I get that. But I was saying before it was different. When did they add the 50/60 roulette? I feel like that wasn't even a thing when I unsubbed, there was some other roulette that you had to do everything for. But maybe I'm mis-remembering. But yes, I know. And I know the queues are long. I get it. That's all obvious and tangential to what I was saying before.

50 and 60 roulettes required completion to unlock, the newly merged 50/60 one doesn't.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The overworld music is mostly forgettable (especially the battle theme), but most instance stuff is really good.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

FWIW all the mana issues pretty much go away once you've got the tome gear.

Yep, the tome gear has shittons of piety on it. I wanted to go crit/piety in HW already but needed to spend like 300 points on acc instead, I'm definitely going all in with piety on the new relic and materia where crit is maxed, run around with 25k mp to get that 2.5k aetherflow back :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I don't use bane unless there are a buttload of targets because it's just not worth using the aetherflow.

Why? with 2-4 targets, bane scales just slightly worse than before, and it's still 70 potency per tick (66 for 3rd and 52 for 4th enemy), and with small pulls you're definitely not using it on anything better because roused eos can handle it just fine.

Reiterpallasch posted:

The numbers are literally the things that are not wrong with Scholar in a raid setting. They're quite good once you recognize that 33+% of your healing output is coming from your fairy, for free, forever--better than AST, worse than WHM imo. Chain Stratagem is nuts. If you think Excogitation is bad you've never lost a tank to Punishing Heat -> Cleave or Ravensbeak -> autoattack or any other tankbuster -> medium hit, in which case you're either good enough or bad enough class balance arguments don't apply anyway. If you boost adlo to be on par with noct a.benefic or whatever the hell reddit wants to do, the class will be over the top.

It's in line with the other healers right now in raids; maybe a little bit worse but definitely not DELETE <CLASS> MEME levels of worse.

EXDR is the problem; there was no legitimate reason to lobotomize Bane the way they did. If they were worried about SMN they could've just given SCH a trait that buffed bane, or even better given them an AOE filler to replace blizzard 2.

Yeah. I haven't really done anything hard as sch yet, but I can see exactly how and where I'd use excog on fights where it'd be super useful and make my life 300% easier.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ferrinus posted:

I did some math about this and I concluded that, if you assume that spellspeed, swiftcast, triplecast, and leylines don't exist (such that a Fire 2 Fire 2 Flare Flare rotation is like ~20.5 seconds total, while a Flare Flare rotation is 14.5 seconds), it's better to cast nothing but Flares on 5 mobs or fewer, while it's better to use Fire 2s and then Flare on your last umbral heart against six mobs or more, although the potency/second is very close either way.

That said, high spellspeed and proper use of cast speed increases probably cause the Blizzard 4, Fire 3, Flare, Flare, Repeat rotation to literally be shorter than Transpose's cooldown time, so even on fewer than six mobs it might behoove you to cast at least one Fire2 before you Flare so that you don't have any dead time after your second Flare.

You should be casting thunder 4 in this case, not fire 2 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Fey Union isn't really janky, it actually happens when you tell the fairy you want it to happen, to the point where she interrupts a fey whisper cast already on cooldown to do it (cooldown disappears at least)

Activating fey whisper on the other hand....