Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
every time there's a scene with just my WoL Hien and Gosetsu it cracks me up because it just makes Hien look like a tiny small man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Brainamp posted:

The au ra aren't related to dragons.

the lore book all but directly states Azim and Nhaama are actually Bahamut and Tiamat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
will 4.1 get a name/release date tonight

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Free Triangle posted:

Without potency changes those DRG changes are nothing

they're getting unspecified potency buffs

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the people DEMAND namazu plushies

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the only jobs not getting touched it seems like are SAM RDM and BRD

well and MNK which is "come talk to us after Savage"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yoship laughing when a return to ivalice question comes up like he's surprised it took this long

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
having looked at the EX primal guides since I'm getting close to 70 susano seems fun while lakshimi seems like a bunch of bullshit memorization

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
open the skill door get on the skill floor

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gonna need to see the thread on that one

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Harden the sheets and tack to larboard!

Boom swing is a cone aoe

Everyone dies because nobody knows you need to push a rudder handle away from the direction of turn

only playing sea of thieves can prepare us

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Casting 3 Enchanted Moulinets should let you cast an AOE finisher.

Vergravity

gravity isn't a white or black magic

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

Verultima

only if BLMs get ultima first :colbert:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sweet

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I don't even heal and I can tell new PI is good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
maybe I should level BLM next now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like the 68 striking gear a lot

also literally my first time touching /gpose

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

nuru posted:

FF7 and FF8 are the worst options of all other options when it comes to games to farm boss ideas from.

counterpoint: the guy yelling at you to attack the scorpion when its tail is up right before you round the corner and see it is great

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Verranicus posted:

Dear SE, we arent all no life neckbeard basement dwellers

So stop with the forced multiplayer dungeons already!
Make them solo for MSQ and then have them be raid-hard for repeating. In queue for over 20 minutes now. Not every one has time to waste like this.
Dont say play a tank or healer either. That is not a solution and beyond stupid to say because then we'd all be tanks and healers and no other jobs. And you dont always have 8 people in an fc willing to run dungeons. This is an unacceptable design idea from SE.

verranicus you forgot the punchline

this guy is a level 60 paladin and that's his only class

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh my god playing bard in POTD with all the cool stuff and then playing bard at 32 in a dungeon is the worst. Only having one song bloooows.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cheetah7071 posted:

On a completely different note, I just did the Real Escape Trials of Bahamut puzzle today. Anybody in a city that it's heading to, I highly recommend it! Apparently my team set the record for fastest completion at 34 minutes

what kind of puzzles are we talking about here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thundarr posted:

That's even more wonderful than I realized. :allears:

it's literally the only family names they have!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Obligatum VII posted:

You can't really adventure and also be a Nunh anyways. You kind of have to... be with a tribe. So it's definitely just that character pretending they're one. Unless you get to keep the title if you leave without being deposed as Nunh. I don't know how that would work.

stolen nunh valor

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I played my first pvp match last night, ended up being the only survivor of a failed team fight with nowhere to run so I quickly typed YOU DIDN'T WIN into Say chat and jumped off a cliff to my death

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Harrow posted:

Yeah, Ala Mhigo is pretty cool.

I liked hanging out in Doma and Kugane a lot, but I was a little disappointed that they were just Fantasy Japan without many twists. Though the Azim Steppe was really cool and unique, so that made up for it a lot.

I like Hingashi's twist of no, it's actually real world feudal japan-ish with rampant corruption in a government that only exists because people are terrified of going back to the sengoku era not some kind of magic idealized version

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 26, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
at this point mch needs the page 1 rewrite that bard got

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If they rolled back the changes they made last patch and just did big potency boosts that'd help a lot.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah unless I'm mistaken there's literally no reason to use scathe now. You should always be doing something more important.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm in the "no new content and gently caress doing savage" doldrums and leveling all my main classes from 50 to 60 and possibly to 70

how much am I going to hate myself if I play machinist

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Truga posted:

I use scathe all the time. Thing about to die? Finish it with scathe, why delay its death 2.5s?

see if something's about to die for me I cast flare, because style is the most important thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
skipped through five pages of "actually they should totally rework all the 2.0 content" to say that it's never going to happen because Blizzard realized with Cataclysm that it's a giant hole you throw money down for minimal reward. Updating old content instead of developing new content is a cool idea in theory but in practice a nightmare. Thus, the story boosts. That is the only viable solution.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fister Roboto posted:

They don't need to completely overhaul the entirety of 2.0. Just reorder abilities and cut out some of the filler quests so that it doesn't suck for new players. Maybe make some of the MSQ dungeons less boring too.

they will probably do one of those

and by that I mean the first one they will absolutely not do the other two and expecting this is going to lead to disappointment

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wind-up exdeath is my evil tree son

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the HW black mage quests were mostly unremarkable but the Stormblood ones are hanging out with off-brand Shantotto to prevent a golem-based apocalypse and are pretty great so far

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't think you understand how percentiles work.

vincent's a genetic freak, and he's not normal, so he's in the 33 and a 3rd% percentile

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
maybe I should level monk just for the sick animations

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it should have been the caster set

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mystic Cave zOWNd posted:

A good glamour

Also you guys were right about OS3 it's rad. We hit enrage last night and will hopefully kill it this week.

to beat the tree you gotta be the tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wish I liked playing red mage even a little bit but it's black mage for me until summoner gets unjanked