Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

Does anyone know when server transfers go online once severs open? Wanna get my butt to Omega when I can.
the World Transfer Service is scheduled to be available again on Jun. 16, 2017 at around 12:00 (GMT) / Jun 16, 2017 at around 13:00 (BST).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Choyi posted:

World transfer is supposed to be up now right? But it still gives me "unavaliable due to maintance" message.
Well, it was scheduled to be available around certain time.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

Considering the instance servers are down I wouldn't risk it even if it was up.
Nah, it's fine

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

mfcrocker posted:

Because they're bad at releasing expansion packs, the EU FC won't be up until tomorrow morning :mad:
:sloppy:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone have an IP for the EU datacenter? gotta make some money somehow and if i can progress in the msq it's worth it anyway
http://arrstatus.com/

Erg posted:

Never be afraid of wasting a pomandor because 90% of people don't use them and they just sit there
I was once scolded for using pomanders of strength, although party was still sitting at 3 of those and no one bothered to use them. But generally, no one cares.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

At the Great Melee in Heavensward, does everyone fight Raubahn at the end or is it GC specific?
I wish I could repeat that fight :(

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Smacking monsters, primals and imperials with a book is the best part of this game.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 23, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize it is some meme. Deleted.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 4, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

jyrque posted:

So how's Omega now that launch congestion issues should mostly be behind us? I considered transferring back then but wanted to wait and see how many goons actually do the jump over there. How many people are there in Please Calm Down?
More than a hundred and they're mostly active.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Your Computer posted:

Oh for sure, and I'm not trying to defend the ridiculous post either :v: I just think it's weird how incredibly hostile people get when someone wishes an MMO was more solo friendly. Just because it's A MULTIPLAYER GAME ARGH doesn't mean it can't be fun to play solo, so why treat it as such an alien idea? It's not like the game would be ruined for everyone else if weirdos could play it alone.
Guy has leveled only PLD and still complains about queues. He is probably more concerned about trolling the forums than playing the game he apparently hates. I would include more MSQ dungeons and trials for people like him.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Trump would be dunesfolk potato for obvious reasons.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

I'd be willing to bet that 5.0 will be Thavnair. Fantasy India would be really cool.
I always thought Thavnair is Fantasy Middle East. But I guess Ala Mhigo is Fantasy Middle East?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

WMain00 posted:

I bought this game because I had some money on Steam and decided why not.

I can't for the life of me decide what class I want to be. There's so much information. I'm tempted to play healer because everyone loves healers, right? :ohdear:
Go omni-class.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ala Mhigo feels more like Fantasy Vedic South Asia.
Go on...

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Othard is supposedly bustling but the only zone with any real activity going on is Azim Steppe (and not coincidentally that's the region that's the most popular with players). Gyr Abania is desolate until you get to Ala Mhigo and even then the Lochs are mostly empty
I was under impression that both those zones were supposed to be basically gulags with Doma being recently razed to the ground.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

For levels 50-60, is it faster to level tanks via dungeon spamming or via PotD? Because I really do not like majority of the HW leveling dungeons.
As a tank, you shouldn't have a need to run PotD and you can throw in some Frontlines, it was nerfed, but I think it still gives decent experience and the queues are usually short.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

drat, they just wanted their sirensong ERP glamours and you wanted the healer to cast protect TWICE? Outrageous.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Is there some ETA on next content patch? Or some prediction?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

unseenlibrarian posted:

The real secret is you don't click any buttons, you make sure to die to mechanics as often as possible. and protect everyone from the things in the floor, as is your duty.
So-called open secret.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

What coat/set is this?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Skaw posted:

maximum aquarium size you can have.
Isn't it just one aquarium per estate?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Is it a confession time? It took me several months to realize I can compare prices of MB-sold items by clicking one button in retainer interface instead of walking from retainer and then walking to marketboard to compare prices and then again talking to retainer.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

comingafteryouall posted:

I didn't know either of these things.

My inventory is already full and these achievement awards aren't going to help, are they.
You can get achievement rewards later from calamity salvager NPC if you decide to get rid of them. And... you know about retainers, right?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Saint Freak posted:

I doubt anyone is still doing Ixion.
Someone does. Not too many people do it, so they tend to fail or they fail because they ignore mechanics.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yojimbo himself should pick up the money for the first phase (and not be invincible). For the second phase it's him and his dog. For the third phase it's him and his dog but they're super fast.
I wish picked up money would show up in my inventory, but nooo...

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I finished sprucing up our fish zone in PCD on Omega.

It needs a cupfish.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

FillInTheBlank posted:

Square wont sell any physical items on the AUS/NZ store :(
And it is no longer available at EU shop (why?).

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Bolow posted:

I'd be down with Niddhogg's agenda if he just straight up exterminated the proto-ishgardians right out the gate instead of just doing some protracted torture session, to the point it just shatters his mind and his incapable of even the basest of logic or reason
His mind is broken because he is reliving memory of his sister's murder all the time forever, not because of his torture of Ishgardians, I believe. And that is why he wants them to suffer forever. Hraesvelgr is semi-normal only because Shiva is containing his anger.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 24, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Hra Mormo posted:

Was there actually more evidence of the moon poo poo other than the one stinger? Obviously it's better storytelling if that stinger suddenly randomly being on the loving moon is actually relevant but on the other hand it could've just as well been just a suitably ominous spot to meet a dude who can't come into the special cosmojizz realm all the assians hang out in.
It's literally stated by Hydaelyn that Zodiark was banished and became a moon in Word of the Mother MSQ cutscene

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Lord of Pie posted:

There was some blurb in the encyclopedia about some contraption in Azys Lla that was originally used to talk to communicate with Bahamut Jail that got repurposed for interstellar communication. So I guess we could get some Allagan spacemans in the future
I bet we will reach space in FFXIV sooner than in Star Citizen.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Have you fought Ifrit in Main Scenario Quest? Trials with primals are tied to MSQ, not class (or job) quest.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Rastan Beeza posted:

I wanted to level up ARC after getting to 70, since I was looking up jobs to level, that unlocks two, and I have to ask:

Which has the more interesting Job Quests, Summoner or Scholar? Or is either boring?
SCH were cuter and more intetesting imho. But you should probably do both, because why not, it's free job.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

That Raubahn mount looks strange.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

ruta posted:

Of course, the newest pvp mode manages to be worse than Shatter. Not only that, it doesn't even have the decency to classify itself as a Frontline so I can't even use the place to farm kills for my Hand of Mercy title. And after finally making a map that makes it easy for healers to get kills!
Somehow, Rival Wings made me appreciate Shatter more. Sure, there are only people zerging from one ice to another, but at least they are aware of the goals (generally) and Shatter is less toxic. It seems that Rival Wings attracted the usual toxic types from mobas (and feast, I guess?). Also, I like those allagan balls more than the robogorilla.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

SwissArmyDruid posted:

He found out what happens when so-called gods make the god-killer mad.
HW spoilers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNmtQK9Lsz0

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Reiterpallasch posted:

not that rival wings is perfectly designed or anything, but the reason you hear more people being toxic in chat in rival wings is because rival wings isn't 80% bots yet
So that was the problem. Players.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Leofish posted:

I just want the SCH book from Sohm Al normal because it's an actual book and I think that's cool.
It's not the only one, several other books/weapons are named after actual books (just in case you don't know about it already)
https://rinhkitty.tumblr.com/post/142841099580/weapon-name-trivia-in-final-fantasy-xiv

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Luna Was Here posted:

Is there any point to doing them now outside of first time poetics for whatever reason or can I leave my roulette with st and rabanastre
Minions, triple triad cards, gear for glams, coins can be exchanged for some orchestrion rolls, if you care about these things.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 26, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How do you keep the NPCs alive as a Scholar during the quests? I'm always healing them, but it never feels like I can keep them up before whatever they're fighting murders them.

I cleared the Level 70 quest after two tries, but the NPCs always end up with low HP by the end.
If I remember those quests correctly, several of them expect you to clear NPCs from some poisons or other detrimental effects, healing them was not that important.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

I am legitimately surprised we got Lyse's gear before Cat-Ear Onsie. I figure that would sell like a billion dollars on Mogstation.
There are already cat ears from the plush, fox ears from the fate, bunny ears from the saucer and wolf ears from the seasonal event. Enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Lizard Wizard posted:

Anyone play on wi-fi? I've got a friend who's interested in the game, but they're worried their wi-fi won't be up to the task.
I think someone mentioned it in this thread earlier, but after you install everything, FFXIV is sending/downloading very little data.

Also, he can just try the trial version for 14 days and see for him/herself.