Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I cleared 2.2! :toot:

62 more quests until I can get AST and DRK. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Nessus posted:

Fractal Continuumer

Tam-Tara Deepercroft

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I'm somewhat tempted to buy a transfer to Excal from Coeurl just so I can join a goon FC. After exploiting that sweet, sweet server XP to get everything to 60 first, granted

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Nessus posted:

If you're not JP I think you'll get a free ticket to travel around in a couple of weeks

The Grimace posted:

Yeah, soon there will be free world transfers for the NA data centers when they add one more to the mix and move some of the existing servers to it. I'd recommend taking advantage of this boon when it happens. The more goons we have in one place, the better. I like having so many diverse people to talk with at various times of the day. :unsmith:

Just got my Physeos weapon tonight. We had to bail before AV because the support group wiped at Tristitia and then timed out the FATE at 1%. Atleast I got enough fragments for my weapon, so I can lol about it.

The main issue is that so far I have two combat classes at 60 (plus BLU at 50), then one crafter and gatherer at 50. Any transfer will be a long, long ways away.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Good job Noct, you turned Thanalan into a parking lot.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Thundarr posted:

I will be forever salty that I could not buy a stack of 999 Cup Noodles to sit in my inventory forever.

They had a golden opportunity to give a Cup Noodle CUL recipe and they blew it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

So, considering I have no experience in PvP whatsoever, about how long would it take to grind out every bit of Garo gear?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

FactsAreUseless posted:

THM/BLM aren't incredible but they're good start to finish, and 60-70 are great. There's just a weird gap 50-54 where you don't fight anything.

Edit: I'll also always give it up for Arcanist 1-30 and Rogue 1-30. Good stories with pirates and adventure and they don't try anything stupid.

ACN 1-30 has you dance in front of a box which then ambushes you with slugs. It definitely wins for class quest lines.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Vermain posted:

I'm really hoping they'll make the Trust system open enough that they can just start adding in dudes like Hoary Boulder as potential Trusts you can take along. There's a lot of side characters throughout the story that it'd be nice to see more often, and Trusts seem like the perfect excuse to drag 'em into the limelight again.

Drag Fray kicking and screaming out of your head to tag along on the most bizarre good cop/bad cop routine Eorzea has ever seen.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

In this specific case my friend is 50 Astrologer (He had a max level monk during Heavensward then stopped) and wanted to play together to do some stuff and suggested them. Then we did some leveling duty roulettes instead.

As a 29 archer I wait about 20 minutes for a roulette and with him in party there was, no joke, 0 wait time for the 3 dungeons we did

The story quests are doing a pretty good job of explaining the huge amount of poo poo there is to do and easing me into it. The story isn't bad either although I hear it gets much much better in the expansions.

I think I'm gonna buy the $20 version on PS4, redeem the free heavensward? It looks like if you buy the next expansion you get Stormblood too, better than paying $60 for the complete version now.

Keep in mind that buying Shadowbringer only gets you Stormblood when it releases. Granted, the odds of you actually getting through all of ARR and Heavensward before July 2nd is pretty much nil, but it is something to note.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tashilicious posted:

There is so much side content avaible between ARR and HW that it's easy to just laze around for a month

There's also 2.X between ARR and HW which makes it even easier to laze around for a month! :buddy:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tamba posted:

Here's the unredacted version

And the first redacted block directly contradicts the other leak where they said that all classes were available.

RDM raise on a 5 minute cooldown, but also SCH raise is unchanged meaning SMN raise is unchanged.

Fake leaks are always the best part of anything big.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Leal posted:

Bunch of filthy cutscene skippers here. Ya'll want to talk about about that stuff but not a single one of you has mentioned basically the entire apex of the Arcanist questline.

Goons may have forgotten about you K'lyhia, but I didn't.

I just want her to make a small appearance in the SMN job quests. She just asks what Sick Stratagems you've devised since she's been gone and you just summon Demi-Bahamut and nod at her.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well the preferred server bonus from Coeurl finally died, so I transferred to Excalibur! :toot:

I lost count of how many times someone on discord offered to hop in while I was waiting in queue only to find out we're on different data centers.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Countblanc posted:

AV gets a lot of points for me because malboros are my favorite reoccuring FF enemy type and bogs are a cool aesthetic. It was rougher back in 2.X where the odds of getting a group where everyone was worse and had worse gear, but I can't remember the last time I've had any real issues there. And best of all you have more than 3 buttons!

I main SMN and AV syncs to 49 which locks me out of half my ARR AoE buttons.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I'm currently at work, but once I get home I'll try my hand at /gpose and post the results here.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Local lizard girl is prepared to call upon bigger, stronger lizard at a moment's notice.

Also

I'm still popping a fantasia once Viera are out.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

SonicRulez posted:

This yearbook needs some superlatives. Who's got the cutest glam? Who's most likely to teleport from the Rising Stones to Mor Dhona?

Most likely to pray return to the Waking Sands.

Everyone.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Invalid Validation posted:

I hit the msq for thornmarch and i need 52 i level or whatever how do I get there the easiest?

If you have enough Tomestones of Poetics on hand, you can trade those in for i120 gear at Mor Dhona. This will take you part way into HW before you have to get better gear.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

After starting in mid-February, I finally finished the MSQ! :toot:

Now to figure out how to spend the next month while I wait for ShB to release.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Kurieg posted:

I don't mind the 60/50 queues since I have *most* of the stuff that makes me work. But I refuse to do the leveling roulette on my SMN for fear I get anything below level 40.

Below 40? Anything below 50 locks out Enkindle and Shadow Flare, leaving you with Bane, pet AoE, and a 30 potency Tri-Bind for dealing with groups.

I really wish they would bump the sync level for AV by 1, because being so close from your ARR capstones is excruciating.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Hommando posted:

That is underwhelming, it's like largesse with defense buff. At least I'll use it more than plenary indulgence.

That icon looks like it'll be the fancy wing ability. I'll be popping that whenever it goes off cd even if I'm not in a fight.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Veotax posted:

Zenos is still around wearing an elf now. I think he's only been in like two cutscenes so far though.

And yet the first thing he does is find a katana.

I still can't believe the first man to knock the WoL on their rear end was a loving weeb.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Arist posted:

Giving Redraw charges is good because I'm trash at remembering to use it, lol

It'll still never give the card you want.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Decided to play around with glam a bit, shame my lizard girl is getting shoved into the attic once ShB releases.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Adept Nightingale posted:

The Trust system looks awesome, and I can't wait to see who they add to it as time goes on. Estinien for sure, right?

I also kind of want them to add Tataru, for some kind of challenge mode where you get extra dungeon rewards if you can carry her mechanics-failing rear end through to the end alive.

I want them to add NPCs from various job quests.

Let Fray tank while Sylphie does nothing but heal.

Tataru is a level 1 ACN with stats to match and no carbuncle.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

ImpAtom posted:

So far:

Urianger: Astrologian
Alisaie: RDM
Alphy: Scholar
Minfilia: Rogue (not standard Rogue, seems a variant class)
Y'sthola: Witch (BLM variation)
Thancred: Tankcred (Gunbreaker)

I watched that Trust video that got linked a while back, and I noticed that Thancred used NIN's teleport to skip the catwalk phase. Alphinaud used his special Carbuncle instead of Eos too.

Wouldn't surprise me if everyone gets a few unique tricks.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well over the past two days I've leveled Marauder, Lancer, and Pugilist to 16 (plus Thaumaturge earlier this week) so I can take them into LDR when needed.

I'm never touching a combat levequest again. :suicide:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

SettingSun posted:

I generally don't mind losing abilities as I level sync except in the case of AST, where sub-30 you lose the ability to draw cards. And 1 dps spell and one DoT.

Back when I was leveling AST, the entire time from 30 to 50 I rolled a post-30 dungeon all of once.

Once I started running TDR and ADR I actually forgot about cards for a bit because I never had the chance to actually use them until then.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

FactsAreUseless posted:

Having one rep from each of the beast tribes would be fantastic. Maybe you earn them when you reach max rank: Linu Vanu for the Zundu, Kabuto for the Kojin.

Also Ga Bu, just for fun.

edit: Ga Bu won't speak or act in the dungeon unless a party member is KO'd, at which point he goes berserk and deals high damage to whichever enemy or boss KO'd the character.

Linu Vanu as DNC rep.

She does nothing but Sundrop Dance the entire time, which gives the entire party a permanent max dance buff.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Captain Cappy posted:

The AI in the trust system is going to be just as bad as the dumbass GC squads, believe it dattebayo

Counterpoint: It gives even more opportunities to dunk on Alphinaud.

The Media Tour dungeon had him slowly inch across the catwalk while Alisaie just hauled rear end across it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man the MSQ is so long my god

I'm almost wrapping up the first one, then it turns out there is a SECOND one before you even get to start Heavensward. I mean I like having the structure but this is a lot of quests.

If I outlevel the quests can I start to turn them in as a crafting class for loads of crafting exp

No, normal quests can only be handed in by a combat class. Unless a quest is explicitly flagged for DoH you can't get crafter XP out of it.

You also can't turn them in on an unleveled combat class because while the game lets you start most quests as anything so long as one class meets the level req, you can't finish the quest unless the class you're in actually meets the level req.

Enjoy your 60 someodd quests worth of filler before things actually pick up. :shepicide:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Oxyclean posted:

I got to the "Grand Sires" segment of Hilde and some of it just slayed me.

The dragoon ascending to the heavens during his jump, the little heals when they're walking it off ... the text when you get finished taking the armor from the old guy implying you're just leaving him for dead, and the armor item being described as "smelling like garlic" and the pants having "old grey mare ain't what she used to be."

I wish my War could have that giant frying pan.

All I want is a way to change the giant energy sword on melee LB1/2 into Godbert's hammer.

Maybe as a GSM 100 capstone skill.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

isk posted:

Also the Namazu gatherer dailies give a Cordial instead of a Venture. Adds up over time!

What?

Do my gatherers have to be in the 60s for Namazu, or is it like Ixal and they don't care about level?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

:negative:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tenik posted:

DGKK picture day:

Here's an album of more if you want to see the crowd grow and shrink (into lalafell): https://imgur.com/a/hWDyFKL

I like how someone's gremlin decided to park on my lap while I sat there AFK. :allears: (I'm the Au Ra on the far right.)

Cleretic posted:

Samurai hasn't come up at all, so I might check that out. The section where you play as Hien is an AWFUL pitch for the job, which is a shame because those 'Role-Playing' missions are theoretically perfect for showcasing what a job's actually like to play.

Eh, I'd say Role-Playing missions are screwed from the word go because they have to be made with the assumption that the player has never touched that class before.

Imagine if you've never played a second of Samurai and the game just throws you their entire 70 moveset. Either they balance the fight to require the full use of it, in which case you'll slam your head into a wall over and over until you can figure out how to play it, or they intentionally undertune it and the fight feels way too easy.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

FZeroRacer posted:

The Nier raids are definitely 100% guaranteed to be pure bullet hell where touching any of the bullets results in instant death

However, only one person will need to survive so everyone else can eat dirt while one player survives the dance of death :yokotaro:

If the raid wipes, a random player is asked to delete their entire SE account and blacklist their email in order to weaken the bullets. :kheldragar:

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I mean, that’s really how you should play every Yoko Taro game. Not having fun but doing it anyway. Automata having good gameplay was kind of a fluke and not in line with pretty much any of the other games he’s done.

They’re also all worth playing just on the strength of the unique experience alone.

Yoko Taro doing the 24 man and the DRK quest writer leading the writing on SHB has me more hype than any game mechanic could ever get me. It’s going to be a wild ride.

Automata having good gameplay is also because Platinum made it, compared to Cavia for D1/2 and Nier or Access Games for D3.

When you have the guys behind Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising making an action game, you get a very good action game.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

:thunk:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Cleretic posted:

I think that's because Byregot's Blessing is now shared across all crafters along with Steady Hand II.

I've forgotten which one of those I actually use, so I'm not sure how upset to be.

Blessing can be used whenever at a 90% chance, Brow can only be used on Good/Excellent and has a 70% chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

orcane posted:

They really rolled 70DR into 50/60/70DR :psyduck:

So now you can get interesting dungeons where you can actually use your abilities. Or you might get level 50 trash fires like WP hard. I wonder if the rewards are still poo poo.

I can't wait for 6.0 in 2 years and it gets turned into 50/60/70/80DR.