Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Rainuwastaken posted:

My chocobo companion has always kept my rear end alive really well while progressing through a new expansion, when overworld monsters are still threatening. Once you hit one of the 50/60/70 breakpoints for a chunk of content and your item level begins inflating rapidly, they aren't quite as useful. Still, healer spec does a pretty amazing job, and they're a lifesaver when doing fates or Hunt monsters.

Even though they don't scale well for usable encounters tailored against item levels for level 50, 60, and 70, a bird deep enough for the Increase Attack Speed node is going to be on par with or even ahead of your average shitter of a DPS that doesn't press their buttons but participates in the open world content. Level 70 on Attack stance does like 2.5k DPS because their autos actually hit fairly hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Honestly, kind of disappointed that the Palico minion doesn't seem to have any special interactions. Not even combat ones. Only reacts to /slap and /handover like every minion.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Asimo posted:

It's nice that they buffed NM train XP, but I've made my decision already to not bother with that poo poo and that isn't going to change it. :effort:

Yeah, the fact that they didn't take any criticisms of Anemos to heart, and just doubled down on the really lousy choices for Pagos, is a pretty good way to keep me out of it. Hell, I JUST unlocked it last night to get the quest maker out of Kugane. And I'm the kind of idiot who did multiple Anima weapons simultaneously.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Rainuwastaken posted:

At this point I'm not really thinking about completing the relic, but I'm in it for the scraps of story and because my friends are all doing it. It's less "eureka is fun" at this point and more "hanging out with my friends is fun, and they're doing eureka".

Kinkshaming is not cool, friend
Really the best way to not get content like this again is to just not participate in it, even begrudgingly. If it stays populated, that's all the team behind the scenes needs to justify more, they don't care for any actual reasoning behind it. Find something else to do with your friends. Path of Exiles new league started a couple weeks ago and it's pretty rad.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Why has nobody mentioned how stupidly overpowered Paladin is because they have a skill that flat out let's other people ignore a mechanic?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ActionZero posted:

The only things I would change if I could would be to make Battle Voice affect the user (its just weird that it doesn't) and get rid of the damage type debuffs from the game so that you're not permanently hoping that your melee friends will suddenly really like DRG. My real concern is that BRD's been dramatically reworked for both expansions and I'm really hoping that they don't do that again for 5.0 and instead just enhance what's already there.

At least Battle Voice isn't a personal DPS loss for using it, unlike Foe Requiem. That really needs to be made off global.

The song rotation also needs to line up with raid buffs. Being 80 seconds is a huge odd duck when everything is based on 30.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
My guess with Varis is that he's just straight up a true believer in the whole Garlean supremacy mythos, detached from it's true meaning as a propaganda tool by the Ascians, and is getting real fed up with them using him, his stupid dead insane son, and his people to further their own agendas and floating in and out of existence like they're better than him.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is something I was actually wondering. Especially since the Lupin/Lupan/Whatever were fighting (against their will) on the Garlean side despite being a Beast Tribe.

The Conscripts weren't just scooped up out of primitive hovels. Just because they're Beastmen doesn't mean they're shunned. And in fact that's why they're treated differently in Garlemalds mind. They have no beef with the other races in their homelands, so they're not going to turn to summoning even if the Ascians tried to influence them. Doma didn't treat them as trade partners and then stab them in the backs like what Ul'dah did. They are Doman.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh, I know. The Ananta seem to more or less be Ala Mhigan citizens in Rhalgr's Reach as well. Same with the Namazu in Kugane.

It's just interesting seeing the Garleans using Beast Tribe guys on their side is all.

With the Ananta, it's more that they were also fed up with being subjugated by Garlemald, so joined the Resistance. They're very much now considered permanent allies among Gyr Abanias political sphere due to Lyse extending that hand.

Namazu though, just look at them, who cares!

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Arrrthritis posted:

Having trouble deciding if I want to play as a bard or as a ninja. Could someone point me to a guide to the pros and cons of playing each?

Pros: Both jobs are constant action with the highest cpm.

Cons: RSI.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Thundarr posted:

Bards don't have to deal with Ten Chi Jin and are probably superior based on that alone. Nin is pretty fun from 45-69 or so though.

Foe Requiem is still a DPS loss, but it's definitely not TCJ.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ChaseSP posted:

Note that if there's any lul time it's a fantastic time to use it and basically is free damage especially if it sinks with battle cry/other buffs.

Yeah, I don't want people to misunderstand what I said as never use it. It's a fantastic party DPS tool to line up with everyones skills, and a net personal positive if you're not currently using GCDs to use it pre-pull/phase transitions. But mid-rotation it's pretty awful and needs desperately to be shunted off global as soon as the dev team can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Do not do Pagos.

I can't wait until they look at all the achievement data and pat themselves on the back for a job well done with Pagos.