Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
hype levels critical help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kuai posted:

**unsheaths katana**

where do i unlock samurai?

from reddit:

SAM

RDM

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

CLARPUS posted:

I'm ready to resume my anime adventures with my pal Alphinaud.

if the MSQ doesn't end with me, personally, killing Alphinaud for the high crime of aggravated idiothood, i will be extremely upset

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

where's wallace, yoshi? where's the boy?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

I assumed it was for all FATEs. I didn't read otherwise anywhere

It says 4.X in the patch notes, I think it's just SB. Would love to be wrong

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

jesus christ

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Can confirm still busted on Brynhildir. Are they even trying to do something about it?

Or... wait, does it work in the Japan servers? I have a mind to say that they gonna take the problem nice and slow for us in NA and maybe EU if Japan is working fine. Yep, I said it, I think they don't very much care for us if their Japan audience is doing fine.

If its also not working on the Japan side then what the heck are you doing, SE?! Get to fixing this!

They posted a few hours to say it's working as intended and they could raise the instance cap, but they won't

edit: or was that an oforums quote

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Control Volume posted:

I havent been able to play yet, how hosed up and terrible is this extremely good mmo expansion

it's pretty good if you enjoy fate grinding/potd/ldr/etc, like all right-thinking patriots

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

it's pretty good if you enjoy fate grinding/potd/ldr/etc, like all right-thinking patriots

it's also very, very good if you enjoy reading Reddit and oforums autists screeching about how Japan is cheating them

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bad things about Stormblood

- all NPCs refer to your character with the n-word
- extremely graphic cutscenes in which Minfilia gives birth to eggs, fetishistically
- all jobs and classes changed to Warrior, Warrior no longer able to equip weapons
- the ability you like most was removed

Good things about Stormblood
- new hats
so, on balance, a great expansion

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I don't know which publisher thought up the "let's call the actual launch day of our game 'early access'" thing but it was brilliant

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Augus posted:

You haven't played Stormblood except for the parts you did.

lmao a new low for SE stans

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Note Block posted:

I'm fairly new to POTD, can someone explain how one is able to spam certain sets of floors? I thought you had to always work your way up to them after resetting?

once you beat floor 50 boss, you can start at 50 whenever you want

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

if you have a keyboard with macros setup a macro to hit a keybind every X seconds.

um how are you going to do this from your rightful place in an orderly, safe line

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Zerilan posted:

So how's DRK this expansion? Thinking of raising a tank class eventually and my FC has both a PLD and WAR main but no DRKs.

opinions seem split between "new DRK is trash garbage, shat from a butt" and "new DRK is the best thing ever to happen in the history of video games," with very little in between

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

My character is named after 2 Suikoden people and neither of them are in 4.

the jaws of the trap begin to close as SV comes one step closer to figuring out Aphrodite's name in another MMO

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Oh you'll never find me, I'm not on the ERP server.
lmao

goddamn you're even meaner in this thread than you were in the last one

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I've heard a lot of people complaining about how their class was ruined in Stormblood--are there any classes that people are (mostly, this is still the internet) agreeing got better?

Bard, paladin

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

How long would it take a new player to catch up to the new expansion (without using those boost potions). I've been enjoying the trial so far, but I'm hearing a lot about the hundreds of main story quests that will need to be completed to move on to the new content. The complete edition for $48 on Amazon is tempting, but I don't want to spend 2-3 hours a night doing fetch quests for the next 2-3 months. I'm not expecting to be raid ready in a week, but I also don't want to be stuck in a drawn out leveling process that I'd only complete long after people get bored of the new content, and struggle to get groups.

I completed ARR (1-50 and 50-heavensward)in about 3-4 weeks playing a couple hours a night, skipping all cutscenes/quest dialogue and doing nothing but MSQ. The 50 to Heavensward quests will break you.

I boosted past Heavensward MSQbut I've read you can get through that in a week or two.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

When does PVP start being a competitive alternative to POTD? 60+ only or as soon as it's unlocked?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

my commendations usually go to whichever person set off the fewest traps in POTD

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

It's tied to both quest completion and achievements. Anything that's unique and rewarded from a quest can be bought at the calamity salvager. Remember that belt you got from like a level 20 sylph quest? Probably not, but you can buy it from the calamity salvager!

I had completed the astrologian quest prior to the gear set being added and I have the achievement, butthere's nothing at the calamity salvager unfortunately.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

the horrifying nightmare unicorn is a whm/cnj-specific thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

queeb posted:

blm af3 owns

that is really fantastic