Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zark the Damned posted:

New thread? Opening with dude pics? Let's make it Orky! :orks101:

Plus bonus diggas

Looking forward to trying out the new edition, my stuff should be arriving with the parents tomorrow for me to pick up next week.

Orks are always good, loving those conversions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Endman posted:

New thread, have some Cadians!

Those are some crisp Cadians!

Also so excited to get and paint up my nurgle half of the starter once the shop opens in a couple of hours. Trading away the primaris for another set of nurgle.

I hope the rules changed a bit from the leaks, because as it was the big cool nurgle character with the axe was just a lovely little version of Typhus that didn't boost Poxwalkers

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
So if I am playing Guard and I want to take the Tempestus Scions, can I take them in the same detachment? Or does it need to be a separate one because they are tempestus?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Figured I should actually paint Typhus up now since he buffs the gently caress out of poxwalkers

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I am so stoked to see the new traitor legion whatever they do in the future, I'll tide myself over with the pile of death guard I have in the mean time.

I am not sure if that blight drone thing in the box is all that good, but I have 3 of them now and I plan on running them :D

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I am not the biggest fan of space marines, but I will make exceptions for cool yellow marines, keep posting them forever

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I've wondered for years why they don't just make plastic SOB's, I bet they would sell like hot cakes.

I like the sisters of silence, but I hate the heads

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Test model for my poxwalkers, he is so happy to see you :D

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So are the models in the new starter kits the same as what was sold in Dark Imperium?

First strike has the new models they just showed off it looks like

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Thundercloud posted:

Here is my 1000 point casual Deathguard list.

Typhus (paid 45 points for a plaguereaper, as Manreaper not being listed is obvously an oversight, and he is still a steal compared to a Lord of Contagion)
21 PoxWalkers
22 Poxwalkers
9 Plaguemarines (Power fist, 1 plasma gun, 1 blight launcher)
Bloat Drone
Helbrute (Multi-Melta, fist)

Exactly 1000.

Thoughts?

This will also be the army I try and paint to display quality.

It is not an oversight, he is special character and their little column states that their price already includes wargear.

I am not sure why he is just cheaper and better but he is

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Thundercloud posted:

Fair enough, then dropping two poxwalkers gets me 10 cultists with a heavy stubber.

I like the list, but I feel like you could use a Noxious Blightbringer for the extra advance roll since almost everything is movement 4

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

chutche2 posted:

Is it weird that I really like metal miniatures?

Like I've been buying some 2nd and 3rd edition metal sculpts of stuff I need like apothecaries and chaplains just because I love metal minis. 40k has better sculpts than warmachine by far, but I love that I can easily build all-metal forces out of my warmachine collection. Some of my basic infantry and warjacks are plastic now, but a lot of poo poo is still metal.

My friends think that this is dumb.

A lot of old metal sculpts are awesome as gently caress.

Also most of the warmachine/hordes plastics that I have seem to have awful mold lines in the worst spots.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Xarlaxas posted:

Gonna be hard for them to trademark historical Anglo-Scottish raiding families: Border Reivers

Pretty pleased with the errata/FAQs so far: I like that they've added the ability for Sister Superiors to take a Melee weapon on top of replacing their Boltgun for one, which means that the models that currently exist are *actually legal.*

I was very happy they did that, I love my models with the power sword and Bolter, and was super annoyed that they were not legal.

Then again, I think plasma pistols on the unit champs is great now with the being able to shoot them in melee.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

goose willis posted:

I'm super upset about the dropping of Traitor Legions rules and the awesome old psyker system and while they seem to be hinting that they'll restore both of those things I have a good feeling that I'm going to have to wait through a year or two for Games Workshop to get the usual pablum of Venerable Primaris Fastblade Deathmissile Striketeam and Venerable Primaris Killbeam Plasmastorm Megalauncher and Venerable Primaris Killmaster Landraider out of their system before we see something with actual personality

While I am sad about losing traitor legions, I can't say I miss the psyker phase at all.

The game has some issues, and a few of them are bad but it is still so much better than 7th.

Hopefully they'll release books quickly, I mean AOS did them pretty fast and it was a way less popular system than 40k.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
What base sizes are the assassins supposed to be on? I have a bunch of old metal ones and I am not paying $37 per for new ones lol

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Oh god I forgot how much work stripping models is.

Also I bought the indexes anyway, I like having the book in my hands

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Just played my first real game of the new 40k with this list versus necrons.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [57 PL, 999pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [10 PL, 195pts] ++

+ Heavy Support [10 PL, 195pts] +

Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]: Obliterator [65pts], Obliterator [65pts], Obliterator [65pts]

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [47 PL, 804pts] ++

+ HQ [16 PL, 270pts] +

Sorcerer [7 PL, 106pts]: Bolt pistol, Force axe [16pts]

Typhus [9 PL, 164pts]

+ Troops [21 PL, 376pts] +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 59pts]: 9x Chaos Cultist [45pts], Flamer [9pts], 9x Replace autogun with autopistol and brutal assault weapon
. Cultist Champion [5pts]: Brutal assault weapon and Autopistol

Plague Marines [12 PL, 197pts]: 7x Plague Marines [147pts], 2x Plasma gun [26pts]
. Plague Champion [24pts]: Boltgun and Bolt pistol, Plaguesword [3pts]

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker [120pts]

+ Fast Attack [10 PL, 158pts] +

Foetid Bloat-drone [10 PL, 158pts]: Plague probe [25pts], 2x Plaguespitter [34pts]

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

That bloat drone did work! It killed 3 units all together. Rolled 12 for it's shots versus a unit of necron warriors, bam!

Holy poo poo though, the amount of shooting that the necron warriors handed out was rough. On the first turn I lost 15 poxwalkers and 5 cultists(Luckily I rolled a 1 and didn't lose anymore to shock).

Somehow my unit of poxwalkers survived with a single model.

And yes, the obliterators charge that hero and beat him to death in melee over 2 rounds of combat.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I love all the new plague marine sculpts so much, but now I have loving 5 unassembled powerfist models. I'll have to try cutting them up

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Yeah all the new nurgle ones look different.

That champion has an odd weapon outfit, powerfist, plague knife and a plasmagun.

How does he shoot a plasma gun with a powerfist on?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
What was that site that people were posting like a week or so ago with 3d printed shoulder pad icons?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I was playing with my genestealer cult the other day, and was saddened to realize that Metamorphs are just bad.

I need so many more actual genestealers

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Alpha Eaters

Screeching Sisters

Penitent Adders

That is a quality generator

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I think the unofficial order is Space Marines, Deathguard, Grey Knights and Chaos Marines and then something else

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
**** We don’t care if you saw Gunnery Sergeant Harker do it. Sergeant Harker is capable of tearing a Ravener in two with his bare hands, then beating another Ravener to death with those halves, then winning a regimental chin-up contest afterwards.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

bonds0097 posted:

Expensive though it may be, the Primaris Captain kit is really cool. Just now getting around to assembling it and I love the details. The greaves are a separate piece so you have really defined armor plates everywhere and the vambraces are a nice touch. I wish it were more customizable but at least it uses separate shoulder pads so I was able to switch those out with sculpted chapter pad and a pad and head from the sternguard kit.

I also really like that the cloak is detached (like for the gravis captain) so that you can prime and paint it separately.

Really looking forward to painting this up.

Does it have multiple weapon options?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

SteelMentor posted:

Power-Sword and two different bolter variants.

Fingers crossed the book gives some more.

Yeah I hope so too, I like the Gravis captain too but I can't think of a reason I'd every want a powerfist and an expensive special power sword on the same model

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

chutche2 posted:

So people are saying marine troops get Obsec again in the codex.

They talked about that on the warhammer twitch channel a week or so ago, yeah they do.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

goose willis posted:

Way back in the day Forge World had rules for Gue'vesa which were an entirely independent unit type, you could not take anything from the Imperial Guard. They operated sort of like a hybrid between Kroot and Fire Warriors. Gue'vesa were all armed with lasguns, but could take some Tau guns as special weapons, I think they were limited to pulse weapons. They had Tau armor, so 4+ armor saves. Basically really points-inefficient, but fluffy as all hell and very cool to see on the tabletop whenever someone converted them. This was back in like 3rd edition?

The rules were in a white dwarf, and they had a really cool conversion for it

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Is there any reason to field a missile launcher in a unit of scout snipers or just use another sniper instead?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I don't ever count up how many unpainted or unassembled models I own, that way lies madness!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

TKIY posted:

http://www.zenterrain.com

These guys make amazing HDF vehicles and terrain too:

Oh they do really good looking stuff, kind of feels more infinity than 40k though

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

SteelMentor posted:

I only seem to be able to focus on painting when I'm in a store, being in that environment helps me focus. Home has way too many distractions.

Or a hotel room a few hours before a tournie starts. That helps to.

I mostly like to paint entire armies two weeks before a tournament and finishing at like 2am the night before.

Who needs sleep to play well!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
My nurgle army(Technically aos but usuable in both)

My Typhus

Random space marine scout I am testing out my Blue Cats colour scheme on

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

ToyotaThong posted:

Sure thing dude!

Slugga Boyz

Shoota Boyz

Kommandos

Slugga Boyz

Shoota Boyz

Nobz

TankBustas

Trukk

Ah yeah, love that truck!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I like the tank, but I don't know why I would use it as a transport really when it shoots like 50 shots

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
If the chaos book is basically the same as the space marine book it would be pretty cool, since we don't need special force org poo poo or anything anymore so cool little chapter differences is enough to make them different enough.

I am hoping for Alpha legion having something that buffs Cultists!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I hope the renegade stuff is cool, because I have a lot of nurgle stuff that can't go into death guard that I want decent rules to be able to use in a separate formation to help my death guard

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

I still remember when a cyclist here got concussed by an angry goose that flew up and knocked them off the bike.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

The Bee posted:

Okay, that is awesome. I'm imagining a squad of Reivers having an enemy unit basically finished, so half split off to chase new targets while the other half finishes off that poor batch of Fire Warriors. Or maybe your Intercessors are stuck in melee, so rather than fall back and lose all your shots half split off to rush the objective for last-minute point scoring.

Another unit comp question. Would including Nurgle demons likely deny you Death Guard stratagems when the codex hits? What if you summon them midway through the battle? Does that cause your detachment to change from Death Guard to Nurgle?

If it is like AOS, which is does seem like for the force comp. You don't count unsummoned units when picking your army, they simply are not there. So summoned units wouldn't do anything.

If I had to guess though, you won't be able to take nurgle daemons in a death guard detachment once their book hits(Unless they roll the nurgle daemons into it, which I guess they could? It's hard to tell)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Pendent posted:

Holy gently caress that's incredible. I CAN REROLL CHARGES WITH MY WARLORD.

E: Related question-
My Sanguinary Guard have wargear that gives -1 LD. Would that stack with the Reivers ability that does the same thing (and potentially the warlord trait as well)?

Sons of the Primarchs(Pg. 194 space marine codex)

Note that other space marine chapters such as the blood angels and space wolves blah blah blah...Cannot make use of any of the rules or abilities listed in this section, and instead have their own rules.

So no, I don't think you can use the warlord abilites from there