Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Its not too late to past pics of all my mans right?

30k Thousand Sons:

Aeeaeuldariiaiai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Someone please stop me. I'm tempted to buy a stormlord and fill it with 6 heavy weapons squads with mortars, 2 company commanders, and 2 platoon commanders.

For 854 points you get 1 vulcan mega bolter, 3 heavy stubbers, 5 twin heavy bolters, 4 lascannons, 18 mortars, and 6 orders. It probably isn't as effective as I want it to be but it sounds really fun.

That sounds rad as hell. How can you afford not to do it?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mukip posted:

I'm putting together an Eldar army for 8th and I'm wondering, does anybody what would be the effect of GW's spray varnish on the transparant plastic windows used for Eldar vehicles? Is their spray varnish any good?

I used army painter matte on one of my eldar vehicles and it frosted the canopy. I'll see if I can get a pic

E:

Hixson fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 22, 2017

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Haven't opened the thread in several days. Immediately greeted by Chuch dying on a hill arguing about something really dumb.

All is still right in the 40k thread

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yeah the paint job isn't doing them any favors. Beautiful blue armor - pretty blonde hair - badass skull mask doesn't work well together

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Chaplains and Night Lords do skulls better

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

What prop bets do you guys make in your games? We'll bet on rules disagreements, whether or not a certain unit will die, and who'll take the objective at the end of the game sometimes.

And 9/10 times I win

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

If you think GW isn't going to phase out your small marines; you're gonna have a bad time

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

Crosspostin'
:madmax::respek::madmax::respek::madmax::respek::madmax::respek::madmax:

:madmax::respek::madmax::respek::madmax::respek::madmax::respek::madmax:

Owns

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

chutche2 posted:

What even makes templars different?

Crusader squads instead of tac squads, and a bunch of characters and the no psyker rule?

They have black armor and like swords

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

jadebullet posted:

I like this fluff direction that the Imperium is headed in. They are getting very brutal with these new Primaris Marines, especially the Reivers. Now it seems that the Night Lords terror tactics are 100% fine. Things look like they are going to get interesting.

Reivers are total bitch posers until they start wearing people's faces and digging holes for skinning pits

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I've heard demon possessed robots and centuries old traitor marines are spooked easily by skulls

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Regarding Psyker powers.

My ideal situation would be schools of 6 balanced powers accessable by most races which you rolled for or you could us command points to purchase. I like the idea of being rewarded for building more generalist lists which are flexible enough to benefit from several powers and reward you for being able to adapt but like the option to build a very specific list that require specific powers if I want. This however would require a level of balance and imagination to pull off that I have never seen from GW so I guess I should just be happy with my relatively boring power where I dont get to even choose the target.

Agreed. Having several unique disciplines to choose your powers from is good. Having several unique disciplines to randomly generate powers from, with 1 or 2 bonkers powers is bad (invisibility).

The current psychic powers are boring as hell

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I like heresy better than 8th vOv

E: pretend I sound extremely smug

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

The pricing is a bit high; but the decision to go mono-pose for some of the dudes isn't a bad one. They're convenient and easy to assemble for those with little or no modeling experience. 8th seems to be all about accessibility; this fits right in

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Hi I'm the poster that is always outraged about something.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Fluff doesn't justify stupid game design

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Man loyalists are so cool and interesting. My favorite not extremely Mary Sue bit of Loyalist fluff is

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It'll be rad when Curze comes back

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

adamantium|wang posted:

Even in death I still serve.

This is great man. What do you do to weather the lower legs with that dark tint?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

richyp posted:

I gave GW money

RichyP! Beautiful painting as always. Welcome back

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Artum posted:

my backlog just swelled by 13 men and a redemptor. :negative:

My sweet, sweet summer child

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Finished up some of my Night Bois:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

There are alot of dead Thousand Sons in this picture

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

The thread immediately got 100000000% better

Nice mans y'all

richyp posted:

Best Night Bros.

Thanks Richyp, glad to see ya back!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I simultaneously like GW and think they're retarded and bad. Am I allowed to post?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

*except for terrain

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Zaphod are you outraged that the marine has or doesn't have a 5++. I'm getting mixed signals here

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Uroboros posted:

Model looks great, you guys are so loving hard to please.

I just don't like how insanely busy it is...sorry??

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Endman posted:

But everyone should ignore my opinion because I prefer minimarines to bigmars

There are dozens of us!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It was forum poster Pawl in the death thread

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I'm gettin that skullbox. Need more skulls

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

:pusheen:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Sisko, nice work my dude. The robes in particular are great.

You're easily the most improved painter on SA. Your stuff just gets better and better!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Is there a Craftworld codex coming out soon? I seem to remember seeing that something about it.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

But a nobody in real life

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Sorry I missed recast chat. Just don't buy them. We all love Warhammer; buying recasts actively hurts the hobby.

Buying a recast is a slap in the face to the sculptor

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

goose willis posted:

Did you seriously just buy a loving titan

Why can't you be happy for your fellow hams neat purchase?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I got a big dumb table in the mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Time for Mans