Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The more prime numbered dice rolls, imo, the better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Strobe posted:

But... that's all except the 6?

No I mean they need to introduce D5s, D7s, and D11s

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Podcast talk: I get the impression that Carl from the IC is really good friends with Kat and Caleb from CK Studios, but my goodness I am tired of them having an interview every other episode, and then Carl or one of the guys saying they haven't heard from CK in sooo long. I would love to take a class with them sometime, sure, but maybe they could consider spacing those out a bit more.

Not sure if I am the only one that gets annoyed by this in a free, generally awesome Podcast, but for some reason it always grates on me. Then again, I don't love interviews in general in Podcasts, so maybe its just that.

Badcast = best cast.

Poor Carl hasn't recovered after the 30k thread ran him off the forums :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I thought that goon who boiled animal bones for terrain was behind it?

Broken Juice or something?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I know I did, but I didn't remember his name :(

richyp posted:

The goon who did what now?

yeah a goon here did taxidermy or something and would use the bones of animals he would pick up off the highway in his terrain. I'm sure somebody can dig up his posts. I had a soft spot for him

basically you need to get on his level, richyp

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

More like Twerkshop, ammirite?

bitch please, it's Games Wokeshop

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Maybe if there was a template for measuring regulation base sizes?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren::siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Hey 40k dudes. I'm here to announce the public release of Tactical Strike Plus (TS+).This project is the culmination of several years of development, design, and playtesting from the idiots within this forum. Tactical Strike Plus combines Tactical Strike with the Victory is Vengeance campaign system, expanding upon the rules and making modifications that emphasize balance. I’m drat proud and grateful for the hours of hard work everyone put into the things that made TS+ possible- from the editing, formatting, testing, photography, and daily reminders for me to kill myself. Thanks goons!

You can visit our dedicated website to download the rules, leave feedback about the system, share your Strike Force, or send us a hate fueled message. Word of mouth is how this project started, so please share this with your Warhammer community and help us get the word out. Our only hope is that this supplement is enjoyable and that it inspires this community to continue playing, being inspired by, and being part of the Horus Heresy.

Here’s a short FAQ:

quote:

Q: What books do I need in order to play Tactical Strike Plus?
Tactical Strike Plus is a supplement based on The Horus Heresy: Age of Darkness rulebook. In order to play, you will need a copy of these rules and those for your army list.

Q: Which army lists are supported by Tactical Strike Plus?
Tactical Strike Plus supports factions from the Legiones Astartes, Crusade Imperialis, and Taghmata Ominissia army lists.

Q: What makes Tactical Strike Plus different from standard games?
Games usually last 30-45min. Unlike the base game, you challenge opponents before building your Strike Force. This means you can adjust your Rank & File depending on your Mission and who you are playing. Command Points make games more dynamic and can be used at any time to change the flow of the game. This makes outcomes less predictable as enemies can spend points to mitigate actions that didn’t go their way. A large part of the metagame is making opponents spend Command Points while generating your own. There's also an optional resource management and character progression system.

Q: What the standard sized army?
A typical Strike Force consists of 1 hero, up to 2 optional leaders, and between 10-25 other models. Tanks, dreadnoughts, monstrous creatures, and artillery are restricted to one model per Strike Force. Because Rank & File are picked before missions, it is possible for every model in a Strike Force besides the Hero and Leaders to change between missions!

Q: 8th edition when?
Next month… haha just kidding

never

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
the other castes be like daaamn blue homie u see the curves on that ethereal

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Any goons have some spare DE hellion glaves? I need as many as I can get for my crow project. I'm talking about these guys:

Alternatively, can you guys think of any comparable bits? I'm most interested in the glave blade bit.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
whatchya nerds arguing about today

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hustlin Floh posted:

New paint bad

Kinda surprised GW didn't take it a step further and get people onboard with zenithal priming. Fast results with their new glazes and they coulda sold people extra primer colors.

e: here's the guide for new people, I mixed the green paint to make it basically the same consistency as the new glaze product
https://www.powerfisted.com/?p=199

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 14, 2019

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
In my d fense my traitor legion had no rules for like 2 years. I ended up liking the IHs, too much

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I love my dumb army :shobon: If only they could ignore mishaps, that would really make them pro tier

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice yellows dude

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Are you guys STILL mad about templates?

Only I'm allowed to be mad about templates

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
40k comics: the CIA was cool and good all along! Cawl discovers lost tech F35

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm getting triggered by somebody preferring to play against painted models

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

Man it sucks there are still so many gatekeeping assholes in this hobby

Big <3's to the posters rallying against this behaviour though x

why even bother with assembly? just put the bits into little bags, measure from the edges

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

I hope they are also free range and organic >:-(

check ur hobby privilege, m8

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

Check my balls!

I'm afraid... you have posting cancer, sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
can't monetize on SA, so no sharing copyright goonhammer images/links for OPs on dead internet forums where their community started