Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The Bee posted:

Honestly, the fact that we can have all this Primaris synergy discussion despite them currently being maybe half of an army at best shows that the range might have a surprising amount of teeth to it.

Space marines have a ton of units to choose from though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:vomarine:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Can still use the index entry for las+plas

Please don't advocate cheating. :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The most important release coming in August:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

There's always that nurgle slug to come.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What do people think of Khorne Berserkers compared to Warp Talons as a dedicated melee unit?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

xtothez posted:

OK what the poo poo, GW. Grey Knights get an easy to cast power that lets any unit ignore both cover and line of sight. So a Land Raider can just unload 4 lascannons pretty much anywhere on the board without restriction...

:chanpop:

Power creep this soon, best edition!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Some excellent hobby in the last few posts.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

loving :lol:

First, nice meltdown. Second, you are unbelievably disgusting.

After 39,000 posts on the Something Awful forum one would have thought that you'd have grown accustomed to icky and naughty language.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DumbparameciuM posted:

If you don't like it then just keep using the loving skinny reaper or FW model or whatever jesus christ goons be gooning.

Please do not be this goony.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

People get mad when we complain about chaos balance but people post like this and everybody's cool with it?

Funny thread.

No dude details are just cool and can make it easier to paint sick looking dudes. If you're not going to have much detail its also harder to justify GW's prices. Lots of people like it so its not nearly as simple as "garbage overdesigned aesthetic"; but sure just dismiss everybody who doesn't share your opinion.

There is having good detail, but more detail does not mean better.

If you need to cram every available surface with some sort of filigree or rot or bonebox then it's just throwing poo poo at a model with no restraint.

The FW Guilliman has a lot of detail, but is competently designed with a coherent look, the GW Guilliman is by someone who thinks more is more.

But sure, just dismiss everybody who doesn't share your opinion.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, it was Pawl rushing with unseemly haste to make the cool kid edgy joke. It's not worth summarising really, it wasn't even vaguely funny. Just badly ill-judged and kind of vile. Much like Pawl himself.

Luckily that shitposter is gone. Three remain.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

Makin progress on my Telemachon conversion, figured I'd post an armed update:

Decided I'm not going to try to make the shoulder cloak and Slaanesh icon in the standard art because I'm poo poo with greenstuff and also because it seems like one of those details that's not super-possible in reality given the backpack overlapping the cape in the rear. Pretty happy with how the work turned out, though cutting up the DV chosen is a huge pain in the rear end.

Already working on Lheorvine, and then it'll be Khayon.

This is very cool - you might have some luck with cloaks from places like spellcrow, they have some that have fit around space marine packs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

goose willis posted:

Honestly the Vostroyans looked goofy as all loving hell back in the day but if they were redone with more recent plastic models and had some better "official" paint jobs on pictures of them they'd look great

Why am I not surprised that you are wrong about this too.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I don't like the stupid thick chains so I'd switch that out with jewellers chain but otherwise :pcgaming:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

That current terminator chaplain is one of the best marine models ever. The limited edition one looks like a skullapalooza entry

u wanna fuckin fight m8

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

It's impressive but it sounds like it's not his own paint job?

So?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

goose willis posted:

Personally I'm not a fan boy and I agree they're a little bland but I like the low price point because they're a great source of proxy models and/or bits for conversions

They could be free and I wouldn't use them in Warhammer. Same way I wouldn't use 40K models in Infinity, mixing aesthetics is :vomarine:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Corrode posted:

Seems like a lot of effort compared to "turn to page 90 for the one cost you can't remember" but it's your book, you do you.

Your post seemed like a lot of effort over nothing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

This is super cool and some of the best content in this thread in many, many pages.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

goose willis posted:

For priming fleshy poo poo like poxwalkers do you prefer black, grey, or white

If you're going to paint with glazes/very thin coats I'd recommend a zenithal prime, where you prime black to start with, and then hit the top of the model with a grey, so all the recesses are pre-shaded. Otherwise a grey primer is the easiest, most neutral point to start from.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

No-one is saying you can't, it's just easier on grey.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Let's say, at 37 years old, I decided to be a massive dork about it - How would you paint the Punisher skull reliably onto a shoulder pad?

(Don't say Iron Warrior decals, I'm not even touching those loving things.)

Practice the symbol a lot with a paintbrush before you try it on the model. Block out the main shape with a light grey, then cut in to it with the black. Final highlights with white.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Microset and Microsol helps.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I like to apply some microset just before the microsol if its being particularly troublesome but pretty much what Indolent Bastard said. Be careful when adjusting the decal, it's OK with microset but microsol is a lot stronger so it'll be a lot weaker.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Of all things GW/FW arbitrarily stop printing, transfer sheets are the most :psyduck: of the lot.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Here's the totals if you want the new Death Guard releases (source: the October WD that just arrived):

Plague marines (7) - £30 / $40
Plague marine champion (1) - £15 / $25
Plague marine icon bearer (1) - £15 / $25
Plagueburst Crawler (1) - £40 / $65
Bloat-drone (1) - £30 / $50
Plague Surgeon (1) - £15 / $25
Biologus Putrifier (1) - £15 / $25
Tallyman (1) - £15 / $25

£175 / $280

Wowzers, 4 (count-em), four monopose generic characters. Oh boy.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Plagueburst crawler comes with 2 options for the hull mounted weapon, and two options for the sponsons.

https://imgur.com/a/Uwmrn

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

I like the characters :saddowns:

Are those the seven snap-togethers reboxed or are they completely separate sculpts? I could have sworn I saw unique models but I could have been wrong (I hope I'm not).

I would have liked them more as part of the tactical box, like you used to be able to do.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Options for a champion and icon bearer are in the plague marine kit. It's kind of weird, but these two are just intended as alternate sculpts.

Oh, so they haven't totally lost the plot. Good to know.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

bonds0097 posted:

I don't think "if you don't want people to steal your stuff then you should sell it for cheaper" is ever a valid argument for non-essential goods. This poo poo is as "luxury item" as it gets, but by all means pretend you're entitled to play warhammer and rationalize away.

This post is retarded.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

After all that gene modding space marines are barely human, let alone male or female.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

my kinda ape posted:

Just say that space marines can come from male or female recruits but at the end of the process they're all huge sterile musclefreaks that are indifferentiable.

I guess men are just more expendable in the 41st millennium.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

#notmyretcon

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I bet he missed the point of Starship Troopers too.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Okay?

For an evil uncaring machine that has no regard for human life, it seems like they'd be throwing lots of women into the meat grinder too, it's a waste of human resources not to. GW was bragging about their new female art in the guard book and how they're being more representative and I think I saw two females in it.

Did you just assume gender??

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Phyresis posted:

serious post: there's no need to be so hostile, even though this is a touchy subject.

these don't seem ambiguous to me, no right-thinking person can claim these are women

Sorry those women don't match your misogynistic standards of beauty.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Phyresis posted:

This is a very ironic post. IIRC the Death Korps of Krieg cannot spare women for their ranks because of their breeding problem. You're probably a troll

Why is this fluff justification ok but space marines not??

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Phyresis posted:

there needs to be more Guardswomen that are built like Zarya, tbqh.

I know you don't actually read the posts (as if i can point fingers here) known troll "ijyt," but not only was that not a "justification" by any means, i have also not mentioned Space Marines in any context because that's a whole nother can of worms.

Known white noise poster Phyresis, calls out trolls when he doesn't actually have a response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Goony fucks love making arguments like "but this fictional group that the writers decided to write are intrinsically this way, it is a law of the universe that they must be this way" as if they were some immutable natural force.

You can't have a fictional setting worth a drat if you don't have established rules. Imagine if LotR retconned itself every volume. :)