Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

chutche2 posted:

Wow that's way stronger than the shadowsword volcano cannon.

Probably because there is a big difference between a belicosa and a regular one in 7th. 10" template compared to a 5".
Plus the belecosa is a good deal longer than the shadowsword tank itself and has a lot of bulk besides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Master Twig posted:

So, turns out Necron Gauss Pylons are ridiculous. T8, 30 wounds, 3+, 5++. 2+ BS. It's immobile, but can deep strike turn 1. Main gun has 120" range, is a macro weapon, d6 shots, S16, AP-4, 6+d3 damage. A secondary weapon that gets 2d6 strength 6, AP-2 shots, and a pistol weapon that gets 3d6 shots at strength 4, ap-1.

For 470 points.

It's Also -1 to hit non-fly units and effectively only has one gun per shooting phase.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Edit: Turns out Phil (Glacial Geek) kinda has one, but the slaanesh demons he fights against are cringey as all gently caress. Dude modeled tits on his hellbrute. :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KauOE5I5g

I wish that was the worst thing that particular individual has modeled tits on. That's my local area and i've seen some poo poo

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

:stare: I bet. So is Phil really a cool dude to play with? He seems super chill and fun.

I love playing Phil both in the tournaments and in a casual setting, those dice were the best wedding gift idea ever.

Von Humboldt posted:

Hencoe is bluffing, in a way. We're mostly limited to Ork conversions of wildly varying quality, and I can't think of anything worse than that fellow's collection. People, however... well, we have both seen some people.
Yeah, Phil's awesome. I always talk him up when I get a chance; he's really a great dude, and deserves every view he gets. Did you do it for the Glacial Geekl? I might have to hunt it up.

It's a pity he's moving, but that just means some of you Southern goons should be able to get on his channel. It's a blast.

You clearly never saw the fantasy giant turned into a bloodthirster with Tits. It was AWFUL.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 26, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Thanqol posted:

As the brilliant poet said elsewhere on these forums;

Do not be fooled by the stripes upon my mans
though they may look like Iron Warriors
they count as Iron Hands

This was the best competition, whatever happened to the typhon?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

This is pretty much true. What the gently caress do I bring for my Orks to deal with Bobby G?

The answer at this point is MORE BOYS, but that's the answer to pretty much anything.

I mean, you're playing orks. That's kind of how they do it.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

https://www.warhammer-tactics.com/s...rnament-players
Found this little article posted up on a local page, what's your guys thoughts on it?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

I don't even think think the maleceptor is that bad anymore, it's not great but it still has an invuln and D6 damage talons, plus it smites easier. Optimal choice? No. Completely irredeemable like it was last edition? Not that either.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

LordAba posted:

Still not great compared to Zoanthropes for your smiting needs. The opportunity cost ain't there.

I agree, it's just a big body that can smite easier and get the D6 easier. Mass biovores is probably a better way at getting out mortal wounds as it is.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

You have no idea how Stanyer I am that im still waiting to be able to use those in 40k.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

goose willis posted:

You are a duck and you lesser waterfowl have always been jealous of us geese

Yeah but I've seen ducks or chickens give hugs and geese are huge assho-oooooooh. Makes sense.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

richyp posted:

The armoured strip over her "tits" is mimicking a stretched t-shirt only in metal. The rest of the stormcast look like this:

Shamless cross-post but if you look none have that stretched top effect on the rest of the range.

You're right, while they share the same sculpted abs and breastplate, the "normal" sigmarines you posted have individually mounded pecs. Clear difference that should be fixed.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I miss the good old days when Sigmarines were fleshless spirits bound to an eternity locked inside golden armor while their individuality wears away as they are denied the rest of death again and again.

This but unironically.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

In the spirit of excess I've decided to build a Warlord titan.

Big doesnt even begin to describe how ridiculous it is.

But into tubs we go for a nice cleaning.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

goose willis posted:

ENRAGED HONKING

And I bought Juice :colbert:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Post your titans you filthy loving nerds

I should probably finish painting them.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 14, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

So a day and a half of scrubbing later and my monument to hubris and excess is finally ready..... to be trimmed and sanded.
Weapons

Body

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

Is this a 3 x 6 foot folding table? Cause if it is... :eek:

Yes it is, which is why I took a break from working on it because just looking at it fills me with dread a little bit.

Potential BFF posted:

Given how much they get talked up in the fluff, that Ordinatus is pretty anemic looking compared to the Warhound, let alone the Warlord.

Because it's the ordinatus minoris, baby versions of the ones that are hyped in the fluff, I don't think they had mention before the 5th Horus heresy black book.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Master Twig posted:

They would also need 3+ WS. I've tried running them in 8th And even when they DO make assault, they never do anything. They either can't wound or can't hit, depending on which weapon you equip them with.

Seriously, S6 is in a weird spot. It's good against infantry but isn't that what the thresher scythe is for? And most vehicles/monsters are T7+ soooo.
Seriously, hive tyrants have the exact same problem thats compounded by a mandatory pincer tail attack thats just poo poo. Just a tax on your attack value.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 18, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Got some work done on my personal monument to hubris.

Its actually been really fun to build. 10/10 would warlord again.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

The Sex Cannon posted:

I want you to take pictures for every step of this project, man. Your extravagance is like fuel for me.

Just wait till i get the gold leaf for the trim.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

goose willis posted:

My Tyranid friend is asking me like every single hour for rumors

I have high hopes for the codex because they haven't really hosed up any releases so far

There might be a way to activate a second Hive Commander.

I know people who know people.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Naramyth posted:

I'm going to use Rievers because they are awesome models but are trash

e: the guy I played at dragonfall played 20 Eversors and had 20 real Eversor models.

What was his actual list?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

I have a couple fistfuls of Tyranid Warriors and waiting to see what happens to/about Shrikes and Lictors before I decide to keep or convert them. Hell, per GW, even if they get removed from the codex proper, they're still field-able per the Index. I'm a little shocked to have seen absolutely no leaks from the former, especially when I hear about how pumped everyone on the dev team is about Nids.

I havnt even heard that the dev team is excited about this, so maybe it isn't a cruddance masterpiece?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Soulfucker posted:

but I still can't shake the sinking feeling that they'll gently caress up something.

:same:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

JackMack posted:

Cross posting from the 30K thread. THis will be a LoW greater daemon (whatever flightless one I fancy) in my Renegades/Daemon list. Obviously he can't be Drach'nyen in the 41st millenium as that particular daemon is busy being a sword.

God drat
Real loving nice daemon

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Oh Christ, kill shot only works on the one predator.

Well. The guy who was playing that list was new.

According to who? Killshot uses the words Predators as in plural when referring to what gets the damage and wound boost. Unless there's an FAQ saying otherwise....

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Plasma Culverins look like a death trap. A 4+ to hit with Cawl's reroll almost guarantees they're all blowing up.

With the elimination volley strategem pushing that 1 result into a 2 and avoiding the overheat they have been pretty solid for me.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Honestly mixing hive fleets doesn't sound like that good of an idea since synapse and spore cloud is based around <hive fleet> rather than <Tyranid> so you'd have to make sure each detachment has its own compliment of each.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

goose willis posted:

That's really underwhelming because they look so cool :(

basically, they have 2 ap where almost every nid monster has 3, and D3 damage where others have a flat 3 or even D6 (barring rolls of 6) and have one of the worse degeneration I think in the game. Going from WS2+ to a 5 and 6 attacks to 3.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 5, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Master Twig posted:

I'm really excited for the new nids codex, but I'm also skeptical that they'll become top tier. They still seem to lack reliable anti-tank options, and though they can put out a lot of shots, most units are BS 4 and lack the rerolls that most of the good armies get. Against a mostly infantry army, I think nids will totally dominate. But against heavy armored stuff, especially things like knights, they're still going to struggle.

In addition to whats already been said the buffs to both venom cannons and heavy venom cannons (ap-2 for both and D3 damage for the VC and flat 3 for the HVC respectively) the units that can take these (besides harpies) are either already bs3 or can gain it, i.e hive tyrants, carnifexes, even the tyranid warrior is something im considering when backed with a prime. I play primarily in tournaments and im still eager to try because i feel like the book can perform well.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Master Twig posted:

Nid dex tomorrow!

Desperately getting all my genestealers painted for the Renegade Open today. Why did I decide to run 45 of the drat things?

Acid maws being free on stealers is dumb, why was that a thing they decided to do?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

xtothez posted:

It looks like they tried to streamline points for the Pyrovore (acid maw and flamespurt both dropped to zero) but forgot they gave the option to 'stealers too. I still think the same happened with Monstrous Rending Claws being free on a Hive Tyrant to help simplify Broodlords.

I really feel like thats an invalid argument because theres 3 different costs for toxin sacs, different costs for adrenals, and different costs for scything talons depending on if its on a carnifex or hive tyrant

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

General Olloth posted:

Don't forget your malanthrope is way slower than genestealers and broodlords.

Honestly with the kraken advance and metabolic overdrive a malanthrope can keep pace just fine.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Soulfucker posted:

Look at all these posers jumping onto the bandwagon when the codex is good, heh. it's actually pretty cool

Meanwhile, I can't figure out what I want to field my four Carnifexes as:

Option 1 is to field them using the Screamer Killer profile with adrenal glands and basically take plasma potshots at enemy models while moving in. Hitting on 2s on the charge (if Old One Eye is near) with a reroll and an extra attack is great but S6 is kind of rear end against hard targets.

Option 2 is to run them as regular Carnifexes instead, and go for the adrenal glands/tusks option with crushing claws. This would let then hit on 3s at strength 12 with an extra attack(assuming Old One Eye is supporting). It's a little less expensive in points than the Screamer Killer option, but just barely.

tl;dr I have two options that seem like they're valid in their own rights (more reliable anti-MEQ/TEQ versus wounding vehicles on 3+) and it is severely confusing to my brain which is used to having one definitive option in a codex.

Seconding regular carnifexes, you can still spend a CP to get rerolls to wound and with tusks and two sets that's 6 attacks hitting on 2's with OOE rerolling 1's and then full rerolls for a turn for the price of 105 points. (Counting the near mandatory spore cysts) plus you still have OOE there to hit on 2's with his crushing claws if he charges.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

chutche2 posted:

Looks like our local guy went 2-3 at Warzone ATL

He was bringing a dark angels batt

Azrael
Primaris Lt

5 sniper scouts
5 sniper scouts
5 bolter scouts

8 hellblasters
Mortis dread with 4 lascannons
Mortis dread with 4 lascannons

Vendread with lascannons and fist
5 reivers with grav chutes
4 black knights
4 assault cannon razorbacks

I'm sorry but he's still our local guy, emphasis on the "Glacial" :colbert:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

goose willis posted:

I'm hoping they're going to fix some of the glaring rules weirdness like how Old One Eye can't be targeted if he has a squad of tiny rippers in front of him

Like just have some requirement that the character targeting rule only applies if there's the same type of unit in front of the character so infantry can only shield infantry and monsters can only shield monsters

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 22, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

TKIY posted:

So according to the Twitch stream, Celestine is now 350pts.

Holy poo poo.

Hopefully they buff her, give her aura/abilities that only synergies with a sisters army so She remains a viable choice for that army and not a plug and play for any imperial one.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

xtothez posted:

I just hope they dropped Dimachaerons & Hierodules down in line with the codex units

This is a good joke.......

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

xtothez posted:

Malanthropes are 140pts now. I was expecting 120ish, but drat.

I just hope they dropped Dimachaerons & Hierodules down in line with the codex units

Surprise motherfuckers, they made the heirodules more expensive :laffo: