Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I would read more fanfics
Maybe Panascope could do dramatic readings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

People get mad when we complain about chaos balance but people post like this and everybody's cool with it?

Funny thread.

No dude details are just cool and can make it easier to paint sick looking dudes. If you're not going to have much detail its also harder to justify GW's prices. Lots of people like it so its not nearly as simple as "garbage overdesigned aesthetic"; but sure just dismiss everybody who doesn't share your opinion.

You really are an abominably bad poster omg

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Bigly Raptors captain I finished today. I can't power swords, I had to cover my fancy glaze attempt with a metallic as it looked dire :v

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

At least that particular guy stopped posting afterwards.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

not my work

I cacked my pants

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

glitchkrieg posted:

Looking forward to the new Necro, although a bit annoyed that the new Escher will make my older collection look a bit weird.

If you're in the UK just grab Biostrip. Best mini cleaner I've found, although it can cause problems with some resins.

It works amazingly well on plastics but melted some Forgeworld resin bits for me :v

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I wonder if the Space Wolves will get a Primaris Furry upgrade kit

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Artum posted:

Never.

E: gah new page, peep this librarian.

I like the glowy hand. Do you have a recipe for it?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

How do people like to build their Intercessors? I have one multi part kit and I used 5 of those to add variety to my Dark Imperium monopose squads and have 3 units of 5 bolt rifles, sprinkle grenade launchers in there and so on.

I'm wondering what to do with the other 5: I think they would look cool with the assault bolter and knives, maybe sticking with that assault bolter lieutenant, but Stalker bolter rifles would fit the theme of my Raptors army.

Help me decide pls, fellow hams

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

JoshTheStampede posted:

Bolt Rifles or Stalkers for me. Assault Bolter Intercessors are strictly worse than Reivers, except for having ObSec.

Thanks. Stalker rifles it is then!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Are the incinerator variants any good?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Every new episode of this trigger the same mental cycle of "Man Black Templars are cool I should paint some... oh wait painting black is a pain in the rear end... but that looks cool though... but it's a pain to paint"

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Nice table my man, thanks for the battle reports

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

What is that? I need it

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

Been working on my Deffwatch mans over the past couple of weeks, both to finish off the army and to move all the half-assembled mans off my painting station where they're taking up shitloads of room with their 32mm bases. i'm about 90% done with the army at this point, I think.

Next up: 1 more bike, 1 more terminator, 1 more jumpmans, and a razorback. Everything after that is optional.

This is so good I want to buy a deathwatch start collecting box and see if I can pull it off

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Artum posted:

So how the gently caress do you smooth greenstuff down when its in a fold that you cant reach? I had/have to do a lot of work to actually attach the cape but I get the feeling that if I dont get it smooth in the folds it'll look like poo poo when undercoated.

Other than that I still need to sculpt up a shield to replace the book on the iron halo, another one for the broach on his chest and make some tassets to cover the glue damage around the hips.

I don't have any advice but I wanted to say this conversion/kitbash is super cool.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ijyt posted:

Here's the latest GI Joe release:

How about a Primaris dedicated transport instead of whatever the poo poo this is lol

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

My Primaris Raptors detachment is nearly complete - all they're missing is an apothecary now. I could add some small things like a 5 man carbine Reiver squad or luxuries like a Primaris dread / Repulsor, but before I do that I'm tempted to build a small detachment of Guard matching the spec ops / kind of realistic theme I got going for them (I really want to paint some camo schemes).

I'm looking at some Tempestus Scions with maybe a Valkyrie (the idea being to give them lots of meltas since Primaris are short on anti vehicle options) but part of me want to go full retard and build a small detachment of Elysian drop troops instead... I love those sculpts and I wouldn't mind a couple sniper or heavy weapon teams...

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Thoughts on using a detachment of either Elysians or Scions as backup for my gimmick primaris only force? What good AT options can they get?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Not sure about that huge base, but the tank itself is fantastic. Great job!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I would do dirty things for Primaris Moritats. But loving hell give me Rhinos my biglys can go in first

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Not sure if this is still canon or not but weren't Tyranids actually running away from something even worse?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Who the gently caress is Goatboy and why does he inflicts dumb 40k opinions to the world?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Has anyone here ordered from Chapter Customizer before? I put in for some decals but it seems like they're taking forever to ship it.

I have, and yes they do. Friend who ordered with them had the same experience. Waited about 3 weeks

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

You could get the launchers as bits on ebay?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I just built the easy to build Redemptor and I'm super impressed by how fast and simple it was. The Repulsor with its million pieces looks even scarier in its box now...

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Biostrip 20 isn't only good for stripping paint off models, it also turns super glue into a soft goop that comes off very easily

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That stuff looks great; is there a way to get it in the US?

No idea - in Germany I just order it from amazon

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Those jetbikes are cool

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I need these baby knights
I need them bad.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

buncha tough guys itt

Do you ever make any worthwhile posts or do you just watch this thread waiting for opportunities to either whine or drop catty little snipes like this?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

ur lucky ur not within punching distance nerd

one time this mouthbreather tried to shake my loving hand after a game, i laid that fucker out. i swear he mustve had the tism or something i mean who does that isnt it obvious by my body language that i dont want you anywhere near me

:allears:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

30k belongs in the bin.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Loving all the Heresy Specials coming out to defend their trash game :v

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Finally the avatar change I deserve

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Dangit, Forge World may get some of my money. The Varagyr Terminators are in White Dwarf this month, and they look awesome. Wolf Guard in Cataphractii Terminator armor with storm bolters and chainaxes? I'm pretty much down with all of that.

Is it the ones that have dozens of chilies dangling from their armor plates?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Weaker bond?
There is an upside though, some things you can use to strip paint will also dissolve super glue and let you re-assemble the model. Biostrip 20 is good for this

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The Sex Cannon posted:

Yup. I even stole mine from work!

I'm glad I'm not the only guy who did that

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Shitposting from Bugman's at Warhammer World. Their burgers are maybe the vilest I've ever had lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Mang the friend I'm with went full retard and ordered the ogre challenge burger
He's still hating himself for it.
We saw Peachy coming out the toilet, highlight of the day