Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Moola posted:

I hope they are also free range and organic >:-(

Bro these minis shop at Whole Foods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'd like to see a wiki format strategy site where you can look up individual units and have their tactics and an auto generated statistical analysis of them (I can help with writing code for that, I'm a programmer, let me know)

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Ashcans posted:

Tyranids being vulnerable to the same stuff that trips machine learning stuff.

Tyranids but everything is a melting dog face

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

They should have some sort of system where only certain AP values can penetrate certain saves

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Are pulse pistols worth it on fire warriors?

Is there ever a good reason to take fire warriors in a squad larger than 5?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Khorne berserkers?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Anvil Industries does pretty good Vostroyans in multi-part resin

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

See they got all your out of print bases covered in one

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Tank Ace Atlas Recovery Tank

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Tank Ace Arvus Lighter

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

MY DREAMS.. SHATTERED

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is the Remora Stealth Drone useful at all, or is it trash?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Any good sources for third-party Tau bits?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Red Dog was just what I was looking for, thanks! Does anyone have experience with their Junk Bag?

How compatible are Puppets War bits with 40k ones?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Muninn posted:

I’ve bought several junk bags, the “defective” bits are often indistinguishable from the regular ones and the regular ones are excellent casts. You’ll get all sorts of crisis suit weapons on the cheap. I always throw one or two in when I order specific bits.

HELL YES thank you I'm gonna do just that!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

What happened to the 40k repository on BattleScribe? It's gone and I can't update or download it

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If I'm doing a static Tau gunline with fire warriors, are any of the fortifications worth it?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How usable are Kroot or Vespids in 8th edition?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Does the focused fire stratagem stack with darkstrider?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Got some rare eBay deals and somehow ended up with a fireblade, darkstrider, and five squads of ten fire warriors for around a hundred dollars

:stare:

Is that a solid enough core for a 1000 point list and what should I add to it? Not a fan of the giant mech suits, so not really into anything significantly bigger than a crisis or broadside (I like those)

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

The third edition chaos marine codex was so strong that to penalize it for being more powerful than the loyalist codex they performed the Juche sentence of three generations of punishment

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If every official model shot was painted to the same level as that one Tyranid guy in this thread I think everyone would be too terrified to paint their models because they wouldn't be able to live up to that kind of quality

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Crisis suit questions:

1. Did anything change with the models between the old chunky 4th edition sculpts and what's out today? If so, are bits still compatible?

2. What's a good base size for them? Getting some off eBay without bases and I don't do flying bases for anything lmao

3. Is there much of a difference between regular suits and commander suits in terms of the model? Like is it just a head swap?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How viable are melee warriors? Thinking of three configurations with Kraken:

1. Double scything talons and adrenal glands

2. Rending claws, lash whip and bone sword, adrenal glands, toxin sacs

3. Same as above but replace lash whip with just bone swords

Would any of those work?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is it a decorative head or is that the marine's actual head

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Did anyone actually ask for that game

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Why does every single near-future sci-fi tabletop setting look exactly the same

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm personally just waiting for it to reach peak interest with a successful Kickstarter and then die off like every other generic near-future poo poo game where everything is an energy weapon and every dumbass soldier has the same helmet with the glowy eyes and a big antenna and then you get a whole fire sale on boxes and sprues and you either have conversion parts or even a basis for a whole custom Imperial Guard regiment

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How easy is it to scrub paint off with Simple Green? Also, any good tips on detaching a model from a base? Looking at some good deals on poorly painted poo poo on eBay

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Can we please get a proper Dawn of War sequel with all of the factions in it instead of having to install like twenty mods

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How well do weathering pencils work?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Besides BattleScribe and MathHammer what are some other useful 40k-related apps?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Outside of eBay what are some good sites to check for used miniatures?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Once they run out of space marine niches for primaris marines to take over they can try branching out into new ones like the SWARM and MONSTER keywords

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-40K-BIN-BITS-TAU-HAMMERHEAD-GUNSHIP-MARKER-LIGHT-DRONES/352818739533

Are these different at all from the marker drones you'd find elsewhere, besides the lack of a flying base?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I know that crisis teams are overcosted in 8th edition, but what's a decent load-out for some casual games? Triple flamers get recommended a lot, but how's triple plasma or triple burst cannons? Are any of the support systems useful on them?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Hybridized Weaponry custom sept trait, mixed with triple flamer crisis suits: effective, or just funny? Having a nine suit team with triple flamers on each means 27d6 bolter shots on deep strike, and again if they get charged lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If you paid as much attention to your writing as you did to your painting Goonhammer would be a lot more readable