Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I've been using conscripts for years and they were fun and fluffy as hell. I'd still use them if they were at least decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah my bad. I stroked out when I realized my new codex was out of date before I took the plastic wrap off.

I'm guessing that a speed bump of regular infantry squads will do just about as well as conscripts used to if they are spaced right now that LRs are good again.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Battle Report: LRs are very very good now.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Soviet Commubot posted:

I've been gravitating more and more to regular Russes over any of the variants as I play more games with the codex. I like one Demolisher to hit those really hefty vehicles but the regular battle cannon is just a great all arounder.

I just fielded a fully plasma'd out Pask, a battle cannon tank commander, 2 battle cannon LRs and a demolisher LR. The Cadian regimental buff along with the Cadian tank order is crazy good. It's ridiculous how much better the standard Russ is at cracking vehicles compared to 7th ed.

Russes just feel good as hell on the table right now. Exactly how you would want a big fuckoff tank to play. I just hope they don't turn out to be too strong.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Technowolf posted:

Land Raiders or Leman Russes?

Plasma Pask dealt 14 damage to my opponent's Land Raider on turn one.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Schadenboner posted:

Tauroxes Prime becoming stupidly good and Chimeras losing command vehicle (and not getting a points drop to match) means there isn't a lot of call for poor 'ol Chimera round these parts no more.

Plus 8th ed's changes to vehicle damage made meltavets less good. Also, Chimeras cost more points now AND they lost the command vehicle ability. I'm still taking a couple but I doubt it's optimal.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It's worth noting that Chimeras do have a higher transport capacity which allows you to transport vets and an officer or two special weapons squads.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Even with an IG tank army you are gonna want to have at least 40 infantrymen to screen the tanks. I'd go with Tau or Grey Knights if I was you.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Badablack posted:

Tyranids have plenty of tools to handle knights. Lots of mortal wounds, lots of hit penalty debuffs, scads of cheap dudes. They’re still a bear to fight en masse.

Got a big game in versus some imperial soup tomorrow, 2.5k of pure overcosted undergunned genestealer cult. Gonna see how 200 bodies on the field handles whatever nonsense rears it’s head.

I’m excited to hear how this goes. I’m starting to pick up GSC to field as ambush troops alongside my guard.

As I was typing that out I realized that a counts-as GSC catachan force could be really cool.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t suppose GW has faq’d the fact that buying a demo charge for an acolyte hybrid takes away their rending claws and cultist knife?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BattleScribe is working as written in the index, but I suspect it wasn’t GW’s intended result. We’ll find out soon I guess. Where can i find rumors about the new codex?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I am building a GSC army/killteam and I think it would be cool if the genestealers looked more human than usual. Does anyone know of an example of genestealers painted with a sort of "fleshy" tone?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

General Olloth posted:

I don't get it, their rules already match their model coolness?

:yeah:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Those new GSC goodies look great. I really hope those bikes are not priced/pointed as beast of nurgle.

Yeah, I really want to field some, but they just look like the sort of thing that is going to be crazy expensive. Im guessing three bikes for forty bucks or something outrageous like that.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Team_q posted:

Can you even handle brown flock as hair??

This honestly rules. I wonder if an expert modeler could pull it off.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

For me, the allure of the GSC is more about the drama of a proletarian revolution being carried out on an imperial world. It sucks that their defeat (or liquidation) is inevitable, but it’s still a fun idea.

I imagine, though I don’t know for sure, that Hive Fleets spit genestealers out all over the place. There are probably countless worlds with active genestealer cults that aren’t in the imminent path of a fleet.

E: besides, it’s not like they are any more hosed than the Tau are in the long run.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 29, 2018

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Quick GSC rules question that I haven't seen answered elsewhere: Does the Patriarch's "Living Idol" make models from an allied detachment of Brood Brothers autopass moral tests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The new ATV looks like the old Ork truck, but not in a good way.