Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Are we getting a day 1 FAQ or was that just wishful thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
I usually can't stand these guys but I think his criticisms of 8th so far are pretty spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJjRSHR4S9Q&t=1107s

edit: I put him on x2 speed because he triggers me, but now he sounds even more like a squeaky, whiny manchild. :negative:

edit2: lol "I've been married to my wife for 12 years, she's not perfect, there are things I could complain about her. I've got four kids, they drive me nuts, I love them though." - an adult drawing a comparison with a doll game.

BIG MEATY SHITS fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 22, 2017

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

In the case of tyranids, yes.

I'm saying always read your rules because they don't all work like this.

I don't understand how the tactical difference is enough to warrant two separate rules. Or worse, the dozen different rules that all say "set up in reserve and deploy >9" away at the end of any movement phase".

The lack of USRs are baffling.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

I'm not sure wanting something that you spent a bunch of time and money on to have a minimal degree of functionality in the new edition is being entitled.

I and others sure have gently caress not been allowed to complain about it ITT.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
lol at monstrous rending claws still being free on a Hive Tyrant.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Master Twig posted:

There is no way in hell any tournament is going to allow you purposefully run understrength units to fill force org slots.

... It's the rules.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
The great tradition of tournament organisers of GW games banning GW rules will never not be funny.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Floppychop posted:

Stormboys are a neat kit, but obscenely expensive, even by GW standards. $25 for 5 models that you field in units of 30 is too rich for my blood.

You're gonna love New GW's pricing on the new Primaris characters, friend.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

glitchkrieg posted:

One of the people at my club has made a Kickstarter that could be useful for 8E - Woundwang*

Simple wound tracking for characters/monsters/vehicles.

* I cringed when he called it that

lol if I'm gonna watch over 3 minutes of this wankers face

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang posted:

12/10 would get killed off-page by Ka'Bandha with

:arghfist::zoid:

e: no really this happened?

BIG MEATY SHITS fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 4, 2017

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

TKIY posted:

Some guy just went 5-0 in a UK GT with this list:

Yncarne
Yvraine
Farseer
Maugan Ra
3 beastmasters
5 kabalites
149 Razorwing flocks

8th edition ladies and gents.

I could not have seen this coming. Not with this, the best 40K ruleset ever.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Ayn Marx posted:

This is the game you asked for!

Stop trying to make that a thing!

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Needing two books to play one army already.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

The Warseer posts are coming from inside the thread!

If Primarchs were Harry Potter characters, who would they be?

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Which MLP character best represents your favourite chapter? Take our quiz and share it on Facebook!

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I think I would rather have an even more broken game (I don't think 8th is ever close to being balanced) that has more interesting rules and variation.

These things are not dependent on each other.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Senjuro posted:

If anyone could use a new look it's Eldar. They're the most unchanged since the goofy Rogue Trader days.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
I'm so excited to have my rules in even more places than before!

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

:frogon:

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo did you guys know that if you register with GW's website you get FREE WALLPAPERS?

BULBASAUR posted:

For OOP stuff there's always :ussr:

Don't talk about :ussr:-ing wallpapers man you might upset Ghost Hand.

BIG MEATY SHITS fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 22, 2017

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

quote:

Q: If an ability allows me to add 1 to saving throws, does it
apply to both normal saving throws and invulnerable throws?
A: Yes, unless otherwise stated.

wut

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Also monstrous rending claws are still free lol.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

srsly good job

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

Is that their reveal though? I was under the impression that was a leaked photo of the next white dwarf or something

Every leaked picture is a grainy, low-res piece of poo poo. It's 2017. They gotta be doing it themselves to build hype.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Stanyer89 posted:

LOL.

The best part is Cuck2 refuses to acknowledge that this is a thing.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
so now we're looking at up to three books required to play one army? lol

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

No? Index + Chapter Approved if you haven't had a Codex yet, otherwise Codex.

But I need an Index if I want to take units/loadouts that aren't in the codex, right?

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Yeah, but so far there's very few of those and a lot of them are weapon options which are generic or exist in other places so all you really need to know is the points, and how often does that come up in a game? Chapter Approved may even include updated point costs for index stuff (purely speculation on my part, though).

Even if you took it to the absolute max and decided you were going to run an SM bike army with all the characters + rifle dreads + twin HB land speeders, you could easily get away with photocopying the two or three pages the characters are on so you were sure to have the right stat line, or have a picture on your phone, whatever. It's not ideal but it's not that bad - not as bad as I understand 7th was with e.g. Ad Mech being split across two books, or the 3rd edition SM Chapter books which mostly just said 'refer to Codex: Space Marines'.

that's all fair, but we're two months into this edition and if i'm going to do things the proper, non :files: way, i may already need three books for my one army, plus the rule book. it doesn't give me a good feeling.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

How have your games of 8th edition gone so far, by the way? How do they compare to your games of 7th?

im enjoying how streamlined it is comparatively but the lack of decent cover rules really kills my enjoyment of it. also the touted quickness of the game feels artificial in that turns take about as long but the game is usually decided sooner. im still standing around holding my dick for ages while my opponent takes his turn and vice versa.

also the inexplicable number of identical special rules with different names does my head in. it's not AoS shields bad but still.

what id really love (aside from cover) is for 40k to have some kind of alternating activation system like epic did. the fight phase is a tease like this and i think it works well, but poo poo like the first turn is still too goddamned important and i hate removing chunks of our armies before the have a chance to do anything. i dont see that changing tho.

also like i said having poo poo spread out across multiple books two months in doesnt give me hope for where things are heading wrt creep and ease of play.

its a step forward, and im hopeful that they listen to feedback like they seem to be doing for AoS, but i still cant say its a good game compared to some of the alternatives out there. ofc im still gonna keep playing it cause ive been in this hobby too drat long and am a sucker for the universe.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

SteelMentor posted:

They're too bland to evoke a reaction beyond "Meh" from me.

Mantic fanboys on the other hand really do get my blood boiling.

lol people liking things I don't really makes me mad

*posts in the 40K thread*

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Yeah focusing on Tau auxiliaries from other races would have been thematically sweet and set them apart from the other armies. I keep forgetting that Vespid are even a thing.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang posted:

Yeah, looks like I'll just keep running my 30K dudes as regular SM

better luck next edition!

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
cult dilemma. 5 aberrants (3 with picks and 2 with hammers) cost the same as 12 stealers. the picks are 1S (5) and 1AP (-2) better than stealers, and do D3 damage. hammers are S10 and poo poo but hitting on 4s. abberants also have an extra wound (2). stealers get an extra attack (3), re-roll 1s to hit, and do -4AP on 6s to wound. they also have their 5++ and can advance and charge in the same turn.

i think i know the answer, but ive already got a million stealers and the abberants are cool minis. help.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

See, I knew you were going to do that. I knew from the moment you brought it up. "He's going to use this to 'prove' his idiotic theory that the thread is unfair/hostile toward non-Imperium armies.

You loving goober.

show me where he said that, cause it sounds more like

goose willis posted:

The only "proof" here is that you care too much about my posts just loving lol

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

Imagine trying to poll goons about the armies they play, and not just making a graph about it, but scheduling time later in your week to make more detailed followup graphs to prove a point.

I didn't think nerding out over a cupola graphs would be one of your triggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Liquid Communism posted:

Shocking news, noted critic Goose Willis does not know wot of the basic game mechanics.

the game cannot fail it can only be failed