Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Sisters of Battle loophole makes me think of Nixon from Futurama. "That's right, no body."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I pretty much only play Heresy these days so here are my Sons of Horus.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

this is saved on my computer as Panascope.png

Im glad you like my model, I feel they really captured my essence.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Working on these guys. Other than some places that need cleaning up how should I improve them before I put on the decals?

Whenever I paint bronze I do a double wash of Agrax Earthshade to make it really rich. Try this along with an edge highlight of Runefang Steel to give the metal a bit more depth. Do that on the leather straps as well before building highlights back up with whatever reds you have to give them more depth as well.

Obviously there's basing to be done, and you'll want to do the wash->highlight work on the guns as well so that they don't look like plain metal.

You could also consider some weathering along the edges - scuffing the paint on the boots and along the tops of the shoulders - which will give them some more depth.

panascope fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 16, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Danimo posted:

New edition, new army, new player. I love my precious dust sons

Post More.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I can't decide whether it's better to have the Necron Lord on foot so he can't be shot at or if it would be better to take the Command Barge for the better shooting and extra aura range.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Enentol posted:

Am I crazy, or are combi-weapons no longer one-use only?

Combi-weapons get to fire both guns every turn.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Chutche post a picture of your cleaned up Terminators now

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Space horses have space hooves.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Consider doing that wash around the rivets on the silver trim pieces as well. Make em look all rusty.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Take a look at these good boys! They're red and psychic :3:

The gator head is the best one.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What the gently caress is a chapter? I thought Space Marines came in legions.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing my first perils of the warp that involves a psyker exploding and dragging all the dudes around him into space hell.

This is my ideal Warhammer experience.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Gonna play a 100 PL game against Orks tomorrow, gonna bring this I think:
Battalion Detachment
HQ
Trazyn the Infinite
Cryptek

Troops
10 Immortals
20 Warriors
10 Warriors

Fast Attack
3 Wraiths w/ Transdimensional Beamers

Heavy Support
Annihilation Barge
Monolith

Flyers
Doom Scythe
Night Scythe

Dedicated Transport
Ghost Ark

Should be pretty fun, I'm excited to see how 8th edition goes.

panascope fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 21, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Also man power levels are a lot cooler than points

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

:toxx: ban me if I put a Veteran Tactical Squad in my army lists or use the Sacrificial Offering Rite of War for the rest of the year :toxx:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Pask is just psyching himself up. Shoot them Xenos!!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Because if you wanna prove you're a True DOOM-MURDERHEAD you'll roll on the table.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Played my first game of 8th, 100 PL Necrons vs Orks. Fun game but man Necrons feel like it's hard to kill much, at least with the stuff I've got. Lychguard are the shitttttt though.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mk3 is for poverty legions.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Cutedge posted:

Does anyone know what the hell glue I need to use to get the Inceptors to attach to the flight stands they came with? I've tried super glue and model glue and have had no luck with either. Gorilla glue?

Magnets.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

unfortunately, they look like they're 2x2 and 2x4, respectively. But it gives me hope that they might release a 6x4' mat eventually with the Imperial City design on it.

This would be an instant purchase for me.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What prop bets do you guys make in your games? We'll bet on rules disagreements, whether or not a certain unit will die, and who'll take the objective at the end of the game sometimes.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

And 9/10 times I win

That's why I have to call you Warmaster for the rest of your life

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

If battle cannons had the basilisk ability where you roll two dice and take the highest I think it'd at least feel a lot better using them.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

So, re: blast weapons.

How do you think things went wrong? Not enough playtesting, or maybe a disconnect between how playtest games were played vs average games in the wild? It seems pretty universally believed that they dropped the ball on this one.

Somebody lost a few matches to Ironfire and was out for blood.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

Best Catachans I've seen this edition. Anyone that disagrees can loving fight me.

Ok

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Carl come back :smith:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

PantsOptional posted:

Gonna have my first 8th game tomorrow against Necrons with my tinyboy marines. Any super hot pointers, aside from the obvious "kill a unit dead dead dead to keep it from reanimating"?

I've played a game as Necrons, kill the aura units, especially the Cryptek.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Bought some Citadel paints I'm looking forward to trying out. Carroborg crimson to wash my cloths with, dawnstone and tyrant skull for some drybrushing, runefang steel for highlighting, and some vallejo black thick mud paint I'm going to use on my vehicles. The carroborg is looking really nice.

If you can find it, grab some of the Vallejo black lava paint, which is the best basing material on the market. Doing that, then Dawnstone > Blue Wash > drybrush Ushabti Bone makes some great bases if you like an urban theme.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

JBP posted:

Yeah I'm aware of this one

New combi-weapons lookin tight.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

"It's totally ironic" I say, as I pull half a dozen long pink phalluses out of my toy case.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

w00tmonger posted:

As a non 40k player can someone explain old/new psychic rules to me? I just started with Infinity, and hacking in that feels like the best psychic-wizard rules I've ever seen in a tabletop game.

Casting powers required a 4+ roll for each Warp charge required by the spell. It wasn't too complicated, the problem was randomly generating powers, trap tables, and overly broken powers/casters.

It's simpler now, you just roll 2d6 and compare that to the warp charges of the spell. No more hedging bets by rolling extra dice, which is kind of a bummer because I liked the gambling aspect of casting. Each power can only be attempted once, which keeps you from buffing your whole army.

panascope fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 5, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Am I the only one that has this thing? The Particle Beamer option now is completely pointless.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Corrode posted:

Even in death I still serve

I love Dreadnoughts.

He's got the perfect setup to carve the Space Turkey.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Enentol posted:

:siren:Paging SRM.:siren:

So bright it actually hurts to look at.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

gently caress you Ettin.

Ettin doesn't read this thread you gotta make your own.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Roboute Guilliman wants amnesty for undocumented scrunt immigrants.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

There's only one true Warhammer theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

bonds0097 posted:

Started work on my gravis captain to Kantor conversion:

I feel like the pose works better with a banner than a sword honestly, looks like he's rallying troops as is. Also replaced the feeble boltgun on top of the power fist with an actual storm bolter to read properly as Dorn's Arrow.

I shaved off the hood and put the iron halo on the power pack but still not sure if I want to leave the gorget alone or trim it as well. Thoughts?

Cut the pipe down just a little bit, it's too tall. Otherwise this owns.