Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Dr Hemulen posted:

Thanks. It's a colour I've been trying to replicate for quite a while without success:

I showed the image to Caleb, and he just went: Use these colours and hit it with this ink :science:
The original might be a little bit more orange, but I'm happy with this.

The thread is 90% geometry problems now but this is a real good toy my dude. Shame about 8th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm not a gifted converter, this is just a head swap on a metal model and some kitbashing. My marines don't have names but I call him Yorrik

This rules

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Immortan Joe is Fully Sick, and you should be banned if you don’t have him painted by the end of the year.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

ETTIN

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Lmao Orktober is one release

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

evol262 posted:

B-but Orktober means at least 20 new units even though no other faction got that! Only 3, a complete codex overhaul, and kultur isn't what we were promised!

Really, though, the sculpts for boys have got to be 10 years old.

Orktober should probably contain more than one (1) Ork release

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Norkvember

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Corrode posted:

sorry you don't like cool as hell things in your games I guess

Nothing cool happens in 8th Ed tho

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Prices have increased but the 30k stuff is a different premium line with increased poseability and customization.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Decreased quality control, though

It’s the Range Rover of model lines.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Prison Island deserves to suffer.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Lookin good, Panascope

Perfection

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Possibly even better than the Kastelan head reversal.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

NovemberMike posted:

Whatever the tree is that gives you free Canticles and free weapon usages. Go down that tree and go into a combat tree. You only need one tech-priest with this if you don't want to break the game completely in half, once you have that and the 9 CP canticle you can just fill up on heavy guns and use all of them every turn. I've also got a full Explorator that can walk from one end of a map to another while murdering everything along the way with chainsaw mechadendrites and power axes and a full Dominus that can do two heavy AOE attacks that will each do something like 16-20 damage in a cone if I save up cooldowns and machine spirit procs.

Lexmechanic’s first skill that gives you +1 CP at the start of each turn is really good too.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Technowolf posted:

Warhammer Community is doing a week of free short stories concerning all the poo poo happening on Vigilus.

First one's here.

I want this story done over with an Eversor.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ravenous Flect, two-thousandth-six-hundredth-and-eighty-ninth executioner of the Flying Gore Eversor Temple, hung motionless aloft suspensor fields as hell itself raged mere centimeters away. The ablative shielding of the drop pod was all that protected him from the raging inferno of the atmosphere outside, the dense clouds of the planet Vigilus fighting the insertion of his pod like a raging daemon. For an indeterminate period of time the assassin had been placed into a deep fugue, cryo-chems coursing through his body and rendering him in stasis for an indeterminate period of time. Ravenous had been unaware of the passage of time since his last insertion. He never had been, nor ever would be. For an Eversor only knows slaughter; only war.

Information began to flow into Ravenous's consciousness. Environment. Threats. Heresies and abominations that justified extermination. Details that other assassins might have cherished, such as location (Megaborealis) or the name of the target that was destined to be purged (Cult of the Pauper Prince), were not even provided. They were superfluous data, as useful to an Eversor as the writing on a piece of script is relevant to a raging inferno. What mattered was what Ravenous was tasked to kill. Heretics corrupted by the influences of the alien. Mutant hybrids that had been born merging the perfect flesh of man with the monstrous from of the alien. Leader castes characterized by unusual cranial geometry. And of highest priority were any xenos themselves, unconfirmed but characterized by features found elsewhere. Each target was accompanied by a list of threats, hazards, and potential avenues of defeat. Each piece of data was seared into the assassin's consciousness by a volatile cocktail of stimulants and chems. In a normal man these chems would be instantly fatal. In an Eversor they made him a weapon of pure rage.

Fully awake, Ravenous felt all of his senses expand to levels far beyond the realms of unaugmented humans. His nose detected the sickly-sweet aroma of the sacred unguents lubricating the mechanisms that guided him to his target. His skin felt the subtle variations of pressure in the suspensor fields holding him still. His mouth reported a bitter, metallic taste that was a side effect of the chemicals coursing through his body; should things taste sour he knew the chemicals were imbalanced to such an extent that the consequences would be incendiary. His ears heard the auto-hymnal reciting the Rite of Extermination, filling his mind with a drive to slaughter those before him. And his eyes saw a counter that counted down at an agonizingly slow rate. As with every awakening, Ravenous once again wondered if the dilation of time was an unintended side effect of his treatment or just another means of making him even angrier.

The timer hit 0 and the world exploded.

The pod reached its destination and exploded through the roof of a subterranean cathedral. Rafters caked with dust crashed down on the congregation, their bodies crushed before being incinerated with the holy fire of the pod's arresting thrusters. The thrusters were fueled by promethium specially blessed and prepared to turn the surroundings into a funeral pyre for the Emperor's enemies. Explosive bolts split the pod apart while the suspensors violently ejected Ravenous in the direction of the highest priority threat, in this case a xenos identified as a Patriarch. The Eversor shifted his Executioner pistol in the direction of the Patriarch and began firing, his fingers sending a wave of explosive bolts followed by several hypotoxin-laced needle rounds. In spite of his heightened chemical state Ravenous was surprised to see another threat, identified as a Primus, leap in front of the projectiles with reflexes that rivaled his own. His surprise was mollified by the time the Primus was ripped apart in slow motion; each bolt embedding itself in the heretic's flesh for several satisfying moments before detonating from within. The needle rounds passed through the openings of the bolt weapon and embedded themselves in the Patriarch. The violently toxic chemicals began their holy work, purging the flesh of the xenos. Ravenous sailed past the Patriarch while lashing out with his power sword, resulting in a clean cut that severed an entire arm but not the head he was aiming for.

The chamber erupted into bedlam as Ravenous rebounded off the heretical statue behind the Patriarch and launched himself back at his target. Those cultists who had survived his arrival swarmed to protect their inner circle, surrounding the Magus and wounded Patriarch with their own bodies. Their attempts were in vain, their unarmored forms falling as hypotoxin rounds and bolter shells respectively melted or detonated heretic skulls. Several more evaporated into a cloud of vaporized organic material as they mindlessly fell upon the melta bomb that Ravenous left at their feet. His pistol empty, the Eversor chose to holster the weapon and fight in melee rather than waste the time in reloading. He descended into the crowd, neuro-gauntlet and power sword shredding all who came before him. The cathedral became a charnal house as the assassin ruthlessly converted the supply of cultists into a mass of corpses.

He saw his opening and surged forward, every one of his senses focused on the wounded Patriarch who was still reeling from the toxin and severed limb. His movements needed to be perfect, every dodge and sidestep flawless if he was to work his way towards the primary threat. His focus was such that he failed to identify the shape of something terrible rise from the shadows behind him. It was huge, far bigger than a Purestrain specimen, and it was unharmed. Claws reached out with a speed that was far beyond what one would expect from something so massive and grabbed the Eversor by the head. Talons crushed the skull-formed helmet Ravenous was wearing, disrupting the delicate balance of chemicals coursing through the assassin's body.

As the second Patriarch ripped the Eversor's head from his body, Ravenous tasted only blood.

Mandatory reading

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mef989 posted:

How do you guys handle games against salty players? Just finished a game against a local Eldar player who is part of a pretty power gamy crowd. Last time I played him I was still pretty new to eighth ed and told him I was brining a Ravening heavy Dark Angels list (which was admittedly pretty bad). He said not to worry that he was bringing a fluffy eldar list, then showed up with an Alaitoc tournie list. I decided to bring a knights list this time, (which was still pretty toned down by knights standards: pure knights, no castellan or gallants, etc.) considering the level of competitiveness I was expecting.

He showed up with a Harlequins / CWE list. I a pretty decent turn one shooting down all his shadowweavers, and he spent the rest of the game complaining about how broken knights are, that shadowweavers are the hardest to kill vehicles in the game and that most armies take all game to shoot them down, and that it was ridiculous that my knights were faster than his eldar. Ended with him saying that he "would say gg but it really wasnt". I told him I'd bring another army if he wanted another game against something else, but he just kind of brushed it off.

Kind of thinking I'm just avoid playing that particular crowd.

Ragequits are the dream, roll around in your victory stink.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Pendent posted:

Surely you don’t expect a British company to do anything but continue punishing the denizens of Prison Island?

Frankly, Aussies deserve to suffer for their criminal lineage.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I like to steal models and slowly sell my friends’ armies. Hixson better not check his Eldar case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

For the three games I've played this edition.

Cum to 30k