Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

they didn't even delete the old thread, they made it mods only. Now the mods get their own Trump thread and we're stuck with this one

allahgarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

wtf happened with this did one of our destroyers just get rammed by a supertanker how does that happen on the open ocean

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

The

penis
of Lyndon Johnson’s.

quite deeply into his rear end

dude owns

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

Hey, these leftists only barely lost an election unlike our moderate democrats who keep barely losing elections

(Yes, I know, its about Labour's stunning rise, but the same people don't appreciate the same kind of voting shift when it happens in individual races)

because it doesn't matter at all for individual races with FPTP. labour took enough seats for a hung parliament and the tories have to form a not-coalition of death that won't last more than a month. they broke the UK government and it owns

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

OatmealRaisin posted:

when the us goes through balkanization is the pnw going to be cascadia or a client state of california?

i ask bc i dont want to give u assholes our water

PNW oughta just join Canada imo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

give people healthcare. even (especially) if they don't want it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Brother Friendship posted:

I just immediately launch into a tirade about oligarchs and wonder why I don't have any friends.

being real mad about rich people has mad me lots of friends who can't afford healthcare, it turns out literally dying makes people mad

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

euphronius posted:

next election in five years ??

next election is gonna be in three months when they can't form a functional government lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Rah! posted:

Yeah gently caress those cities that are mostly populated by minorities

Thatll show the white limousine liberals what's what :smug:

the white limousine liberals that run my city have been demolishing communities of color for 50 years to build more expressways and toll highways into the white suburbs so those dipshits don't have to look at any poor people houses on their drive to the skyscraper they work in

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

euphronius posted:

by failed do you mean "extended hold on the pm and large majorities in parliament* " because I hope Corbyn fails then for English peoples sake

*literally does not have a majority in parliament anymore

:thunk:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ex post facho posted:

it's gonna be 119 in phoenix today/tomorrow

lmao

the south is going to become an even more unbearable wasteland in the next 20 years

imagine atlanta hitting 105 at 65% humidity

I read this morning that planes were gonna be grounded in Phoenix airport because the air is too hot for them to generate enough lift to take off lmbo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I think it has to do with the engines tho, idk I'm not sure

I couldn't remember the exact reason so I looked it up

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/877213487906377729

quote:

The real problem with flying in hot temperatures is similar to the problem faced in high altitudes: thin air. Hotter air is less dense, which means there is less air beneath the wings for lifting the aircraft and less air to flow through the jet engines, Boeing spokesman Bret Jensen said in an email.

so both less lift and less engine power

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Rah! posted:

Yes america is a deeply racist place

That doesn't change the fact that most big cities are mostly non-white.

But Sure, gently caress the largest minority communities (and largest centers of liberal politics), all beacause of mark cuckersperg and racist developer mcdevelopface.

those liberal politics are the ones destroying the minority communities, dipshit. Bloomberg came up with stop and frisk and racist developer mcdevelopface is the liberal candidate for five of seven city council seats

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mormonpartyboat posted:

thats bullshit

the reason they dont take off is a lack of testing that certifies the aircraft to operate in those temperatures

well that's the specific reason, but the thing that's untested is how much runway space they'd need to take off, which may be more or less than exists at the airport

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shugojin posted:

One lady came to work today

It's her wedding day

And she came to work

:911:

who the hell gets married on a weekday

unless they're just doing a courthouse wedding maybe?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's really cool that all these people are allowed to pretend that Gabby Giffords never happened

e: lol they directly equivocate "literally murdered half a dozen people including a child in an attempt to kill a liberal congresswoman" with "putting some crosshairs on a map"

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Jun 20, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

in the article he actually brings up giffords but then immediately goes "is this the best the left can do?"

yeah I thought from your quote they were just reducing the entire incident to "crosshairs on a map" but no they include the full NYT quote with the death count and then reduce it to crosshairs on a map. I hope whoever wrote this gets shot in the rear end next

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

gently caress it, we tried :shrug:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

there's a constant push by the sessions-aligned pharmaceutical industry to approve oxycontin for OTC use, no state has approved it because they're not insane but lol when they get to the federal government at this point in time :unsmigghh:

brave new world sounded way better in the book

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

it's already happening, the .NET tech jobs are rapidly drying up in Louisville and it was a booming industry for nearly a decade

all anyone wants anymore is "front end developers" which are basically bored interns writing spaghetti code with the biggest hacky javascript framework in the world. literally no one is allowed to touch the servers that run things and the people who are allowed to do so are going either senile or dead

when the boomers die out they'll take a lot of FORTRAN knowledge with them and the entire bank industry will crash lol

the flagship product at my company is a hilarious 30-year old mess of a custom implementation of COBOL and I imagine a lot of the early tech adopters that form the backbone of our global economy are the same way. nobody wants to learn this poo poo for what the capitalists are willing to pay them to fix it and it owns because we're gonna die

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

the goatman's servers run on COBOL even he will not be spared

I took this to mean they're literally writing their dissertation papers in f77 instead of English and I'm not 100% convinced I'm wrong

nah they use LaTex for that

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

OatmealRaisin posted:

as far as affluenza-inflicted smoothbrain projects go poverty tourism isn't quite as bad as underage sex tourism

plenty'a americans have come and gone through nk without getting themselves lobotomized

there's poverty tourism, and then there's poverty tourism in the world's most infamous dictatorship (and try to steal from them for souvenirs lmao)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yinlock posted:

"a comment"

wonder what sort of comment a fat white nationalist could have made to two Armenians to make them want to stab him nine times :thunk:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How the heck do they pass this thing without an immediate outcry over the SECRET BILL poo poo followed by outcries when people either lose their coverage or learn about how their coverage is about to disappear? What are they even going to tell people? Don't worry Obamacare is gone and those rich people got a tax cut. What did you get? Uhhhh did I mention Obamacare is gone?

they will claim illegal immigrants and welfare queens no longer receive free government healthcare and chuds will hoot and holler as the opiates seep into their blood

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

good I hope they shoot each other

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nuclearmonkee posted:

statistically, the person they are most likely to shoot is themselves.

arm all the congressmen

even better

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

the town halls are going to be a bloodbath

they've completely stopped doing town halls anyway

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

so what tipped the cop off that he was a weed addict, his girlfriend and kid in the car or his wide, African nose?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Unperson_47 posted:

if cops need safe spaces so much why the gently caress are they cops

its the only profession where you can legally murder people who make you uncomfortable

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the supreme court literally said "if a cop is afraid for his life then he is not criminally liable for anyone he shoots and murders", and it just happens to turn out that like 80% of cops immediately become afraid for their life in the presence of dark skin

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Thoguh posted:

"I was afraid for my life" are magic police officer words for "I absolve myself of all responsibility for the murder I just committed and the state will agree"

it's like in the expanse when they have to unlock the Martian code book to figure out the black ops phrases to use to get the military patrol to leave them alone except the police can use their code phrase to murder whoever they want

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vladimir Putin posted:

In all honesty what other job asks you to put yourself in potentially life threatening situations on a daily basis? I mean even coal miners probably have lower blood pressure.

more police officers die from heart failure due to being fat pieces of poo poo than are shot on the job. go gently caress yourself

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's so hard being a cop that I eat meatball subs literally constantly and the devastating fart attack that ends my life at 48 will be mourned by the media and community more than any of the 20 minority children I shot for being scary

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vladimir Putin posted:

The other thing with a policemans/woman's job is that you're exposed to some of the worse of human nature on a daily basis. You're going to see some really bad poo poo the people are willing to do to each other. That's got to wear on you if you start out as a normal decent person.

gently caress you

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

Police Officer may be top 10 high risk jobs in the US but I doubt it.

Technically speaking you have the highest risk of dying on the job as President, and after that stuff like electrician and other people we don't allow to gently caress up constantly and kill people just because of their nerves

most of the workplace risk from being a cop comes from a huge number of them being fat alcoholics. being shot on duty accounts for like, 10% of workplace police deaths lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

That's actually an SC ruling? What was the case name and how long has it been on the books?

since 1989, good article on it here

https://www.businessinsider.com/supreme-court-cases-police-shootings-force-2015-12

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

take the sweet potato, put it in a 400 degree oven for an hour or so, take it out when it's done, scrape the insides out and douse them with salt+pepper+butter and eat that and then tell me sweet potatoes are bad

i would rather do this with a regular potato

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Joementum posted:

I think the GA 06 election is gonna come down to turnout

oh word?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014