Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The best part is that that isn't true. Trump could get insanely competent lawyers who would have no moral qualms with defending him. The problem is that any halfway competent lawyer will tell Trump to keep his mouth shut and let them take care of it, and we know how Trump reacts to that.

This is because he genuinely believes he's smarter than everyone else while he actually has the intelligence of a fruitcake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Unlike Bill Clinton with Chelsea, there is no doubt that Donald Trump's children are his own genetically.

Especially his sons.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

zegermans posted:

Donald, second of his name.... black hair...

Do you think Ivanka is naturally blond?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

cargo cult posted:

what the gently caress is with this loving guy's goddamn face, gently caress

He looks like the people on that Twilight Zone episode where the surgeons are operating on the beautiful woman to make her ugly like them.

Something quite porcine about his appearance.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Is it an actual requirement for the Special Counsel to literally send a letter to each person he is personally investigating?

If not, did Trump hire his lawyer from an advertisement in a bail bond office?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Scent of Worf posted:

Braniac Five aka Effectronica was perma banned. im sad. where else am i going to get my dose of deranged liberal wishing death upon forum posters?

DnD probably?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Do we actually know that Scalise's cock was shot off or are people just being funny?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Bethamphetamine posted:

Reality and truth don't matter anymore. So Mike Pence got hosed by a horse and Scalise's dick got blown clean off.

But Mike Pence got hosed by a horse is objectively true?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Wait is there a pro trump thread? Is this it? Where are the trump supporters on SA

Lowtax's house.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Honestly, that seems like a pretty terrific way to die.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Can't rich people get their faces lasered or whatever?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

After hearing Kushner's voice I am 100% positive he is heavily invested in Star Citizen.

Ironically, he would still probably be a better SA Forums moderator than Derek Smart.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

prefect posted:

I don't think sleeping pills are standard treatment for botulism.

They are in the North Korean edition of Physician's Desk Reference.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Is your career officially over if you're a racist Republican and you can't get a show on CMT?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Who are the mods for D&D? Are they being punished for having been bad mods previously in the good sub-forums or something?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Does anyone actually even use the ignore function?

It seems to me that if you can't handle reading a specific user's posts you're a lot more like Donald Trump than you may have realized.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

tithin posted:

Hello friends

What did TRUMP do today

Watched some Fox News, couple tweets, drank a case of Diet Coke, took a nap, pretended to pay attention during some meetings, now watching television.

Average Predisent day.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Seems like tech company CEOs will slobber all over Trump's teeny cock if it might get them a tax break or if he'll let them hunt and kill poors on their vast estates.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Louisgod posted:

why do you keep posting pictures of cats

Because he/she is cool and good.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Al! posted:

a congressman is absolutely going to shoot his own nuts off by accident

if we're lucky.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I missed the 2DCAT thing, but it made me think a bit.

2DCAT: goons, especially the goons in this thread, are typically slackers, losers, nerds, autistic, druggies, or some combination of the above.

How are you competent enough to brief a President on anything and why are you even here?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

the bitcoin of weed posted:

its the only profession where you can legally murder people who make you uncomfortable

I don't think that's true. Death Row Corrections Officers can too, and strictly speaking they aren't police officers.

Oh wait. Also Senators and Congressmen.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

fits my needs posted:

where would you move to

Jamaica mon

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Vladimir Putin posted:

In all honesty what other job asks you to put yourself in potentially life threatening situations on a daily basis? I mean even coal miners probably have lower blood pressure.

Soldier/Marine/Special Forces Navy on deployment, fireman, power line utility worker.

I don't often hear about firemen axing the poo poo out of people though.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Vladimir Putin posted:

Not saying it's like super duper stressful but I think it's worse than your standard office job.

Have you even seen Office Space?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Vladimir Putin posted:

The other thing with a policemans/woman's job is that you're exposed to some of the worse of human nature on a daily basis. You're going to see some really bad poo poo the people are willing to do to each other. That's got to wear on you if you start out as a normal decent person.

You're not at all like I would have expected to you to be based on strong daddy internet memes.

I'm disappointed.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Do Navy Seals really charge into battle holding Old Glory aloft and streaming in the wind?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Shageletic posted:

I just dont want cartoon dicks or whatever you degenerates wanna put up as your emblem jumping out at my superiors as I studiously not work.

Don't you know about Alt-Tab?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

What time does Nite Crew start? I see a lot of banter about which Crew is better but I think sometimes I work a double shift so I'm conflicted.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Realistically when can we expect all the baby boomers will have completely died off?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I read the vision, which was good, but nothing else marvel really interests me. maybe moon knight? image is loving killing it right now with comics that are good for people with adult brains

Marvel Comics are for tweens who want superheroes in spandex.

Stick with Image Comics if you want actual storylines and competent writing.

I will agree with you Vision was excellent, however it was a limited series and a rare exception.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sexual Lorax posted:

dear united states and turnip thread i could really use some good news about right now

1) Summer Steam Sale starts tomorrow

2) You aren't a Canadian sewer inspector

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

3) Save a cat or dog from a shelter and they'll amuse you and be your friend and then you can post pictures of them in this thread

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

deadgoon posted:

i can't believe there are people who actually use the automated self-checkouts at grocery stores

the gently caress is wrong with you

I only leave my apartment approximately once every two weeks to buy groceries like milk that I can't get delivered to my door via Amazon Prime Pantry and I only go to the nearest Wal-Mart at 2AM to avoid human beings and at that time only the automated checkout lanes are open so I have no choice.

But I prefer that to real human cashiers anyway so.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

if the poo poo happening right now makes you depressed like sexual lorax then you're in for a loving ride over the next couple decades

climate change is going to force humanity into a bunch of really serious atrocities. everyone is focused on how bad it'll be for living conditions but significantly fewer people are thinking about the second-order impact of things

two major things I can think of off the top of my head:

1) food. it is so incredibly common and accessible in the west that we take it for granted and never think about it, but shocks to the agricultural system are going to have massive ripple effects on the rest of the industry. combine this with a potential economic decline or collapse where factories and farms stop producing (because it's "not profitable", an artificial construct that limits our activity even though we have 1. the manpower 2. the technology 3. the resources and 4. the will to continue to work and produce things. abolish money immediately) and you are going to see a sudden spasm of scrambling for food. venezuela is just a loving preview trailer of what might happen here. what do you think happens when huge metropolises experience a sharp decline in food availability? the famines in pre-revolution france led to massive rioting and eventually the actual revolution itself, it's going to be waaaaaaay worse now when we have like 50x the population because we refused to curtail population growth, in part because more people means more money for the rich

and

2) migration. we can already expect that climate change is going to drop an omnislash on the middle east and there's probably no way to stop it at this point even if we can address it everywhere else with heroic efforts from science and industry. these people aren't going to stay put and die. you think the syrian migration was bad? now anticipate what happens when it's not just one country, it's dozens of millions of people marching into europe and china. now combine that with the above potential food crisis and a healthy dose of racism (which I remind you is rooted in tribal resource competition) and you can probably guess what's going to loving happen. even if europe/china successfully avoids :killing:, an sudden influx of dozens of millions is going to strain economies and societies really loving hard and lead to things starting to burst at the seams. current predictions are that we're going to have ~200 million migrants worldwide displaced by climate change by 2050, with 1 billion (!!!) being the upper end. there are effectively no contingency plans being made right now for this poo poo

society is not robust. it is precarious and fragile.

Will I still be able to get coffee?

Seriously I can't live without my morning two cups.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I'm glad Tayne, the bike riding city midget liberal rear end in a top hat is dead and gone

Yeah I just realized I hadn't seen anyone posting about Pittsburgh every single loving day or telling people to go outside and do something healthy every time goons started talking about their favorite TV shows or movies.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

just LMAO that there is a city in Florida called Winter Haven. I can only assume it's full of old people.

It's pretty much right next to Orlando. I lived there way back when the Naval Training Center in Orlando was still open and was in Naval Nuclear Power School.

I honestly don't remember too many olds but I basically only had time to sleep in my apartment and then go back to school and studying. Goddamn rent was dirt cheap for a really nice apartment complex though.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I definitely trust a university that heavily advertises in video game magazines

It's obviously legit because this is where Chris Roberts hires the majority of his Star Citizen programmers from.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

my favorite was someone in this thread joking about fidget spinner buttplugs being an untapped goldmine and then like 5 days later some company started making them

And you don't think it was that goon who had the idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

a helpful bear posted:

i love u guys but i think this is giving sa a tad bit too much credit

No. Lowtax singlehandedly changed the course of American government.

For the worse.

• Locked thread