Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've been caught short but my safe pick is kakegurui and my risky pick is hina logi.

Sakurazuka posted:

Nothing but moe crap, hard pass

Die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Space Flower posted:

judging from the pv she seems to be a messy eater with a big appetite like chris. that's five points

Sold

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there a Fate thread?

The type moon negathread has you covered for all your fate grand order needs and every now and again they discuss other things

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blue saber remains insanely sexy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I stand with grouchio, it's never enough

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

The esteemed coalition of Grouchio, Namtab, and Julias.

Wow

I used to be a big shot around here

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

It was the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi actually. :twisted:

The weather's hot enough without a take like this

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

they also live in a police state where people that disagree with the majority rule get executed, where anti racism laws mean you can't ride a centaur even if you have permission and where man eating snakes get silently condoned

Sounds good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mahouka was basically the last time I was funny.

Wark Say posted:

I did enjoy some posts from the Mahouka thread in here, especially the ones that did the whole "Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his imouto?". Also, I swear that there was this girl who was legit in love with the series and thanks to everyone dunking on her, she started disliking it. Man, 3 years sure go by.

Thanks for the post praise.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope that in picking a safe and risky pick Julia's is tying himself into the probation challenge.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

:eng99: I can read good.

Post what the terms are here, I forget. But sure.

Pick one or two anims from the season list.
These must be things that are completely new to you, you can't pick sequels or something where you've read the manga.
Watch the first episode and see what you think.

If the first episode is really bad (were talking about something like it turning out to be paedoshit) - 3 day probie
If the first episode is just bad to the point where you don't want to watch anymore (but not offensively bad) - 1 day probe
If you feel the first episode is bland - 6 hours
Otherwise nothing happens.

The safe pick is something I think ill survive, the risky pick is something I think ill eat at least a sixer on.

Julias posted:

Added the Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Movies to the OP. Also added a few more thread links.

On a separate note, do you guys and gals have any suggestions for changes that you would like to see with the Season Thread OP?

Instead of a synopsis could you post about why a show will be bad and how Moe is the mind killer

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

But what is something being bland is bad to the point of not wanting to watch anymore? Like Pan de Peace. Or Himiko Note? (Yeah, I'm saying you should eat a probe for that one)

Also switched around my safe/risky picks.

It's down to your taste, and the fate you think you deserve

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't even know what isekai means

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chumbler posted:

Power fantasy by way of being a new iteration of the harem genre, in most cases.

So a modern light novel. Gotcha

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hina logic sure has a lot going on.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

A bunch of people get stuck in an MMO, but the show is about the game's developers. They need to release a new update, but they don't know what will happen to the people trapped in the game during maintenance. They want to tweak the balance but they're worried that if they nerf a popular build, people might die
This, but a reverse harem

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Dangerous question of the day: why are the series' merfolk designed as fish from the knees down, opposed to the traditional waist down? Everything about this seems like a miserable existence for them :(

The miserable existence of having functional ween

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

the zettai ryouko crap and the constant falling apart of the mc cause of GIRLS (honestly i haven't seen this big of a wimp in years) are one of the reasons i dropped the quiz show because it betrays a total lack of confidence in its subject matter. it also looks like total poo poo

Girls are scary

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Weren't girls actually powerful?

That's why they're scary!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Have they kissed?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

all digibro does is let morons parrot his dumb opinions

and he doesn't know his poo poo at all, he has zero idea about how studios work or what actually makes a show tick, all his analysis is insanely surface level

He'd fit in well here

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The anime forum is my home

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Enough of this! Bring me the autumn season thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

If everything works out, it should go up tomorrow night.

I hope it works out because i need to pick things

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

dogsicle posted:

for namtab's risky pick i'll recommend blend s

dogsicle posted:

safe pick: children of the whale
risky pick: garo -vanishing line-

Please don't pick my picks - also im not allowed to pick things I know in some form so an established series like garo is illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This whole subforum has been a celebration of me ever since zorak died

• Locked thread