Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Also I thought the Youkai Apartment one was an adaptation of the other manga by the Maidragon dude but it isn't the case

We are here to help you cope with the disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of throwaway jokes, more like Unlimited Saber Works, am I right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And in some cases only so many services you can be bothered to subscribe to, if you want to be a legal and upstanding anime citizen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Stay buried, WickedHate.

If Mahouka (at least the anime version, which I suspect smoothed over a lot of rough edges) had left the MC as just a really good inventor/technician rather than a secretly super specops walking nuke with the entire supporting cast's lips glued to the base of his dick, and cut down severely on the number of student council meetings, it might have been passable instead of a strangely fascinating case study. I watched it for the same reason I watched Horizon on the Edge of Nowhere: to see just how deep the rabbit hole went.

I'm the guy who liked Horizon and acknowledge it's bad, but it is nowhere near as awful as Mahouka. The premise of people cargo culting history while having super advanced tech is interesting, and the various powers the characters have are cool and they're mostly given similar billing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a formalized debate that was won when the mc declared that it was opposite day, and that the two sides had to argue for the opposing viewpoint, which would then count as a victory for their original position. i couldn't take any more after that.

Looks like somebody never learned the Calvinball school of debate.

Calvinball is how most of the powers work, really.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 24, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think it has some fun and cool stuff to it if you're willing to accept the premise.

Though to be fair I also like Gundam Wing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It turns out Galileo was not actually a demon in the service of the space pope. Who'd have guessed?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

https://u.nya.is/btbxha.webm
first-name basis...

Hina Logic seems like a good show w/ Precure-esque simple vibrancy to the setting and chars. It feels like "animate a kids show, but in a late-nite time slot" is catching on fast.

it's a story about a princess who runs away from home to enlist in a school for magical girls so she can meet the girl she saw on TV and developed a crush on. if that sounds cute, check out ep 1. it's by Doga Kobo so it's full of charming animation

:rip: Those two.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Power fantasy by way of being a new iteration of the harem genre, in most cases.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Moltrey posted:

everyone in nozaki-kun is the best but mikoshiba is the real best

god nozaki-kun is so loving good

Maeno is not the best, but in fact, the worst.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

an actual dog posted:

any show concept, but now with lesbians

Who are also fujos.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Eh season 2 of CG kind of was a train wreck in the negative sense. And Symphogear contains a train wreck.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

qwaser isn't a titty show. it is a breast feeding fetish show.

I mean, the latter is kind of a subset of the former.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Julias posted:

Couldn't resist the pun, could you?

It's probably going to be decent, judging by how much money they put into the animation, the fact that it's advertising a mobage-style game, and the decent character designs.

Sounds like the people making it really ponied up, then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I try to watch things legally now that I really don't have an excuse not to, and they just come right back and make doing that frustrating and require a subscription to yet another service. I understand that localization takes time, but it's like they never learned the game and record industry's lessons that if you want people to turn to you rather than piracy, you have to actually offer benefits over piracy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Holy poo poo, why in the world is Chio-chan of all things so well-produced

Not that I'm complaining since it's hilarious, but of all the series to have this level of care poured into it??

I assume that it will be so well produced to allow them the chance to have times where it is very much not.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you want to be stepped on, Kakegurui has got you covered.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Kakegurui ED is certainly something. Catchy song, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Knorth posted:

I finished Sword Oratoria and it's a really solid, fun fantasy adventure show, not totally surprising but still neat. The blacksmith woman that supports the expedition is very good and I hope they get another season. I will say that I ended up re-watching some of the first season and gosh, it's a lot better looking, both in the slickness of the action and just visual creativity, so I hope they can get the same team or production time or whatever as the first season if they do keep going.

Holy gently caress it cannot be overstated just how adorable Bell is but Ais and her friends ended up being a pretty great main cast too

Apparently a Danmachi arpg has been announced to be in production. No details beyond that, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Moltrey posted:

Yeah Kakegurui Ep. 1 was just Kaiji but everyone's insanely horny and out of their mind about how much they love gambling.

so i'll keep watching

cannot overstate it though, I've never seen an OP that horny

Likewise for the ED.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am ready, for Haruko to return.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The only difference between this and the complaining when Diebuster got announced is that no one has called it moeshit yet.

You can be the first.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

isekai shokudou is pro modern slavery and thus i strongly suggest avoiding it if you as a person have any morals at all

The isekai genre keeps getting worse. The apparent increase of late in stuff that involves slavery is a bit worrying.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still get the occasional hankering for 25 cent instant ramen, so I ain't judging a taste for instant curry.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What's this from?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Tsurezure Children episode 1 was ftw. Hope next week features my dude Gouda and his extremely horney gf.

I've been meaning to watch it, but to be honest I can only remember like two characters' names.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I really like the coloring and shading in Tsuredure Children. It honestly makes me think of Xrd.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But is she the best anime Subaru?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Yea but he touches girls in this one

So it's not a sports anime then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

I really liked Liar's Game and Usogui, would I like Kakegurui?

Do you want to be stepped on by scary women? That's really the question that matters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe not good, but certainly powerful.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The sports isekai: I Died at Koushien but Brought Underwater Bike Volleyball to this Male Only World

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

loving finally one of the yuri-bait lesbos blushed.

Not seeing a lot of lilies there. Are you sure they're gay?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SYD also has Hata, who is a perfect being.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

there's entirely a chance that Cheer Fruits goes Samurai Flamenco and suddenly everyone has super powers in episode 7 and people are getting decapitated

I hope not.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

esselfortium posted:

I can't believe Symphogear isn't real

N-no...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

is what they said about Shana S3

Is that the season that is about the rival character who was in her 30s?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

My backlog is too crazy to get on board right now, but out of curiosity is this a sequential series where I have to start from the first Symphogear, or are they PreCure-ish standalones?

You need to start from the first one. Also everything else on your backlog is less important.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh, 13 x 3 isn't bad at all. It certainly looks interesting from the gifs.

How the gently caress do you pronounce that last name

Be warned that the thread is open season on spoilers, so you might want to avoid it to go in clean, but it's always fun to see new people's journey through Symphogear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

it was obvious from the tease a while back but

wotaku is getting an anime

rip zoglin

Huh, I don't recall the character in the top left, but I guess the people who picked up the translations are just behind. Should be good, though.

• Locked thread