Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if it was the same director as zero would the show open with a double-length episode about jack doing nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fangz posted:

Are people hyped for Made in Abyss on the basis of the manga?

the pvs looked pretty good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you think saber is boring because you never saw the entire arc where she is actually a character who gets focus and development. she's not the best character in f/sn but she's plenty good when she actually gets to have focus, she's not as relevant as a lead in ubw and fate/zero is kind of just a parade of people making GBS threads on her

i dunno anything about the rest of fate so i can't say anything about any of the other sabers

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 21, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

I've actually played/read through FSN fully. Her arc is interesting and hints at a really complex + tragic person. It's just that she, as a character (and everything that entails), still feels super dull, despite said entire arc.

oh. ok that's fair i guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

littleorv posted:

Who is Captain Tylor's kid's mom?

Yuriko Star

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CubeTheory posted:

what is the text equivalent of the charlie brown sad walking away alone music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncRbprBFdE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
takes on early lwa were pretty mixed but it seems like everyone who's watched to the second half has come to really dig it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
to be hero was actually a neat showcase for a bunch of chinese animators with really weird styles and sometimes they were legit good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMKTlVjiBc

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the mr. driller lore is just that mr. driller is the girliest boy and constantly gets smacked by his russian girlfriend, his dad is perpetually angry and bitter at being eclipsed by his own son's fame and his mom who divorced his dad spends all her time getting drunk and kissing people while writing novels and raising her youngest child and is also a space war hero who has gunned down dozens of deadly aliens, and that's why mr. driller is the best namco ip ever made

anyway ths is the wrong anime chat gently caress it's 12am

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm gonna watch it cause it's studio 3hz and i think they've got lots of up-and-coming animators so i'm interested to see how it turns out visually

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if anything, the show has a generally good director working on it so i think it'll be an interesting watch

the worst thing he's done that i've seen is the trails in the sky ova and uh, that probably has to do with being an attempt at condensing 2/3rds of the plot of a 60 hour long jrpg sequel into two hours

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope princess principal turns out to be really good just to own everyone

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that also, but i'm just kind of annoyed by people already judging the show as a trainwreck before it's even started airing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't really understand what people mean when they call an anime a train wreck.

a way for people to say they like symphogear on sa in 2012 without thinking people will think they're weird

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

if i like an anime, I'd call it good.

if something is fun and exciting even if the minute-to-minute plot doesn't make much sense, then that's just because they chose to emphasize something other than detailed plotting. while they could have done that in a way that didn't create holes, I can't fault them for using an animated medium to string together a series of cool, interesting animation sequences. That makes it good.

imo the trainwreck meme is just people being very afraid to say they like a show in spite of its plot holes or weirder moments. if you like kabaneri or valvrave or whatever, just say you like them.

this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why are people scared of liking Symphogear unironically? I only just recently watched it so I missed previous opinions on the show but I thought it was legitimately good and fun. Was the premise just too silly for them? Was it that really bad scene with Fine and Chris in season 1?

show about magical girls powered by singing wearing revealing outfits broadcasting in 2012, not a cool thing to like on older adtrw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'd like to recommend tenamonya voyagers, my favorite sudden-stop-on-the-train anime, to everyone

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
these titties contain the entire combined works of shakespeare, with improvements to the scripts he would have made if he was still alive today

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i thought it would suck because originally they described it as resolving a bunch of hanging threads from the original but apparently now it's just it's own thing so idk it could be good

i wish oshiyama was directing instead of just doing mechanical design

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Parallax posted:

they've got a bunch of talented animators doing their first directorial work on it so maybe that part will be interesting even if everything else is stupid

(it would have been cooler if they had gotten a different band to do all the music for it)

i agree, with this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Parallax posted:

it's both

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think it's as much that s1 was incoherent as 80% of the show was directly adapted from an almost entirely episodic manga

anyway i'm looking forward to s2 a lot but i'm also a bit wary cause the only stuff i've seen from the new director was pretty plain, the music'll still be great though

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 4, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
white was good and had a lot of good scenes, the problem is just that in a show full of really fun characters, black was absolutely the least interesting and episode 12 was absolutely the weakest for it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everyone please remember as made in abyss moves forward that it is a story written by the character designer of Elebits

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just think it's funny to look back on, considering how hosed up made in abyss is supposed to get

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
princess principal aired today, don't think it's streaming anywhere but there's a raw out if anyone's interested in giving it a look, which i guess i'll

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this op is GOOD

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watched both eps of fate/apocrypha and outside of a bit of exposition in episode 1 it's a lot of fun so far

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
grouchio why'd you even respond to the person who wasn't even reccing it to you specifically

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think, you've said your piece on this exact subject enough already

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tenshi no 3p is epic cause it took less than one episode to show that it's the real most hosed up show of the year

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first episode is about how a guy wants to gently caress elementary schoolers. watch it at your own jail cell

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's maybe not going to be on anyone's top 5's this year

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah mahoujin guru guru is really pretty and it's got fun energy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
can't wait for today's premiere of Gamers! the new show about Gamers!

let's all watch Gamers! together, my fellow Gamers!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh this was the best part of the entire episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!