Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sakurazuka is the last surviving relic of old adtrw, because he's the only one not covered in grime and dirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Postal Parcel posted:

I decided to try the Gal show, I mean, Galko was great and surprisingly thoughtful right? Gals are probably pretty interesting right?

I was so wrong.

galko was good because it was written by a person who viewed women as human beings

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
galko: teenage girls talk about periods and stuff
hajimete no gal: weird guy REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to get laid by women with big titties

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i hope these ads never stop

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gamers is ok

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StandardVC10 posted:

what the gently caress was that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOW8bdritCk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

i dont understand this sentence

he made a long video saying the lovely anime streaming site kissanime that we will cleverly refer to indirectly makes literal millions

my take is kissanime blows

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I kind of admire the balls it must take to start a patreon as a pirate site at least

they didn't. he said in the video that it turned out it's entirely just a scam and not even the kissanime people are actually involved

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think saying stupid poo poo that gives his entire fanbase the idea an entire studio or specific staff are automatically untalented and ruining the industry is interesting

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
canipa does cool staff highlights and looks at how the industry works instead of just making a video on why [popular show] is [the best/the worst] thing ever made so those are pretty worth watching if you have interest

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StandardVC10 posted:

I haven't gotten around to reading it, I can't remember if Citrus is supposed to be Good Yuri or Bad Yuri

it's incredibly mediocre with some really weird bits

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the chapters i read were trashy soap opera stuff with some weirder bits and all i've heard about the later chapters is stuff like ending one chapter with the implication that a girl is choosing to become a sex worker and then just never acknowledging it again

either way if you want yuri stuff there's way better poo poo to watch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

an actual dog posted:

My impression of Gamers from the first episode is that the author had never played a videogame in his life but was I wrong??

it's a trashy romcom with decently fun characters and vaguely game-based gags with an op animated by a really good animator who really likes and has actually played video games enough to make better clones of actual games than any of the cg knockoffs in the show itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBYkMFGkZNc

it's ok, for some reason the first episode is really really bad but it's been decently fun since ep 2

e; actually you were probably just asking if the author has played video games. in which case i will say uh maybe??? i think he knows what tales and ys are at least, vaguely, maybe not really but he knows they exist and that ys has good music. i have no idea if tales of phantasia getting bashed for not being as revolutionary as it was selling itself as is true or him just pulling that out of his rear end though

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 1, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Problem With Tone In Anime [32:59]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
its 32 minutes & 59 seconds

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rangpur posted:

Eh, I wasn't expecting their Voltron reboot to be any good either, yet I wound up liking it. Securing funding from outside the usual circle of anime-sponsoring companies sounds like a good way to shake up a stagnating industry. The show could still be awful of course, and the preview makes it look like a warmed-over version of Blood Blockade Battlefront's setting. Still, it's not impossible for it to be good. Stranger things have happened. Two seasons of it, no less! :v:

(Also it will make otaku shitlords come out of the woodwork to denounce it which makes me want to enjoy it just to be contrary.)

the voltron reboot didn't look like it was made in 2003

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

JordanKai posted:

I'm glad Netflix decided to pick up the license to Kappa Mikey for a reboot.

ok i'm sorry but there are some levels you don't go to

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
e; this is the wrong thread, but neo yokio still looks like butt

bob's burgers is ok

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean. yes. that is a french cartoon that aired in 2003. i'm not really sure what is unbelievable about this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
which op will it have though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

I think there's just the one.

they rebroadcasted the show with a different version of the op with added vocals

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah this one

not true, there is only one season of flip flappers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean it's cool to have but lol at the cutie honey manga

it's, a lot worse than any of the better animated stuff

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i appreciate cutie honey for re:cutie honey being one of the best ovas ever made and shin cutie honey having some cool bits, but i bounced off the original manga itself very, very hard so be aware if you're taking a look at it based on that stuff that it's, uh, not as good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

successes: Speed Racer, and pretty much only Speed Racer

it's been years since i saw it but this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the umaru anime is ok but it is middling tier dogakobo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only show airing next season is idolm@ster side m

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
on that note, i'm slightly curious how this season of bbb will turn out cause while s1 was directed by someone with an incredible, distinct artistic voice, this season is going to be directed by the director of dagashi kashi, who afaik hasn't done any real stand-out stuff.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think i liked the ending of bbb more than most people but that's probably just because i didn't have to wait half a year to watch it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
too bad about the rest of the show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Fall Season 2017: Boys, Bikers, Ballrooms & Beyond

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 16, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i once saw a guy recommend legend of the galactic heroes to someone based on them liking kyousougiga and then attempt to further justify it and i'm pretty sure that's the exact moment reccing lotgh became a joke

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
man it was like half a year. happened when seafood was mod iirc

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this doesn't answer anything

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no season 5 is literally already announced that's why he was asking

it was announced alongside season 4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if season 3 had been announced knowing there would be two more i don't think it would have been nearly as messy as it was

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the pv for a canada trip where you can explore canada precisely one day every week

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's a shame cause the director on the reflection is really talented and has done a bunch of really interesting shows, but the reflection is like the worst thing he's ever made while also being the kind of thing he's always wanted to make

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Wasn't it announced quite a while back?

not the part where it's being made by jc without any of the s1 staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
shingo natsume is a great director with a fantastic eye for crazy high-energy stuff and working over the years on shows like space dandy got him some big connections so s2 is in a much tighter spot without him

it's even worse than something like next season's blood blockade battlefront, because at least even without rie matsumoto, being made at BONES with otherwise the same staff as s1 means it can still be about on-par with s1 in how it's made

• Locked thread