Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I hope Isekai Shokudou and Made in Abyss are good

I didn't realise Netsuzou Trap was a short, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I finished Sword Oratoria and it's a really solid, fun fantasy adventure show, not totally surprising but still neat. The blacksmith woman that supports the expedition is very good and I hope they get another season. I will say that I ended up re-watching some of the first season and gosh, it's a lot better looking, both in the slickness of the action and just visual creativity, so I hope they can get the same team or production time or whatever as the first season if they do keep going.

Holy gently caress it cannot be overstated just how adorable Bell is but Ais and her friends ended up being a pretty great main cast too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

chumbler posted:

Apparently a Danmachi arpg has been announced to be in production. No details beyond that, though.

That world is pretty neat so I could see myself trying that

dogsicle posted:

i just hope the game means they're more likely to make more seasons

:agreed:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's important to stay hydrated

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Syd doesn't treat its characters like they're gross for talking about stuff frankly, or being pervs generally, but it's only interested in making jokes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

StrixNebulosa posted:

I finally sat and watched Isekai Shokudou and it's the cutest thing airing this season. :kimchi: So heart warming! So gentle! Just a show about a good cafe. Gonna watch the second ep now because gosh, I needed something this heartwarming.

:yeah:

Mahoujin Guru Guru is a ton of fun too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't think~ there's a Ballroom anime thread so I'm going to post these good faces here

The expressions in this show are great :3

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Anatomy is fun

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
...or yknow, anyone with a passing interesting in evolutionary biology. Sick own as always, Dav

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Isekai Shokudou continues to be very sweet and very chill :3: Ep3 reminded me that I've never had a parfait and I might have to change that sometime soon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I hope Episode 3 of Youkai Apartment is better, hopefully it's just the introduce every character awkwardness but all the human parts just felt kinda bland :( It's a shame cause the little bits with the house youkais are usually neat, like the invisible ghost that just hangs out near the front door telling people Welcome Home and the chef ghost that's just a bashful pair of hands :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Episode 3 was really sweet too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

A skilled older sister

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
New Isekai Shokudou is good and made me hungry. Vegan Elf and the Lizard tribe documentary were cute

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

MizPiz posted:

Going to make my first and probably only post in ADTRW to say that Restaurant to Another World is a fun show. There's just something cute and relaxing about watching fantasy characters having a near orgasmic reaction to basic dishes.

:agreed: It's really nice

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Araki posted:

Maybe at some point the show will start connecting the various narrative dots it's been drawing

I don't want this.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
What went wrong with the show? I remember people being really into it and then suddenly not

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also watch anime, don't follow it on twitter

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Huh, well, lame.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I hope the older sister is in it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Wark Say posted:

Are you an ally of NTR? :stare:

No?

Who's being cheated on?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Wark Say posted:

Ah, I thought you were supporting the Haruno end. M'bad.

I'd be fine with it but I don't feel strongly about any of the pairings really.

Hachi should probably kiss the cute tennis boy though

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh, I just remembered the teacher exists. I don't how it'd be worked to be not An Actual Crime or whatever but I thought she and Hachi had nice chemistry

When the characters you liked most are just the minor ones... :(

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That's easy then, are they in their last year of HS already?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm an episode or two behind and I want a katsudon /and/ a pudding

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I would now like a steamed potato and a bowl of chicken curry

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

The new season of Yamishibai is the best since the 2nd and it's conceit of being all women writers writing women focused horror and urban legends is a good one.

Saying its the best since the 2nd isn't super high praise but I am enjoying all these new stories.

Oh nice. I'd forgotten that had a new season, going to have to catch up

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It wouldn't be so bad if it was better at saying what's happening in the dances but it's being that very uncommunicative and unhelpful kind of melodramatic about everything

Also, I watched the Goat episode of that show and it was great. They've been turned into goats and discover that meandering around chomping on delicious spinach isn't so bad. The VAs sounded like they were having fun :3:

The goats were cute too

Knorth fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 17, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I mean, I haven't seen any other episodes and they just mention that they've been turned into animals before in the actual show and are now goats. I have no idea if it's a super plot focused short or anything but this seems like just a fun one-off thing they did in character

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://my.mixtape.moe/ovtfui.webm

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

I'm looking forward to watching it. I really liked the manga, although not quite as much as Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms by the same author.

I'm going to read Town of Evening Calm while I wait for In This Corner to be available. The trailers have looked pretty lovely

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Houseki no Kuni has a neat look to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL3vytC1140

Same with Children of the Whale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKzNx2uy2c

I think Dav posted the Girls Last Tour trailer in here earlier, I really like the manga so I hope the anime is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_2PbMgwR8

This woman has flowers growing in her hair, so that seems pretty swell

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

It's real good.

:smith: and then :gbsmith:

That was a very good manga. Asahi's 'proposal' was pretty adorable

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
On the other hand, the parts in centaur where they drop the punchlines and just chat about movies and stuff like it's a real world are extremely good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: that was a good episode

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Eela6 posted:

That's a pretty cool framing of it. I may not be giving the show's plotting enough credit.

Now explain the the horse vagina ep please

Ed: It definitely seems like there's enough interest to merit a thread

Sounds like a body image problem a self conscious centaur might have. One of a Centaur's Worries, if you will

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hungry mermaid and her new boyfriend were very cute in the new Isekai Shokudou. However! There are only a few episodes left (:() and the OP promised me a gang of fairies in awe of a dessert and I'm still waiting :colbert:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:yeah:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Huh, that sure was an episode of Centaur

Class President's internal argument and the return of tiny ghost friend was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I didn't think much of the Isekai Shokudou OP when it first started but drat if it hasn't grown on me. I really like when they have that deeper vocalist take lead

• Locked thread