Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Salt and Sanctuary is a very good Dark Souls ripoff. That's not a negative in this case but it describes the game 200%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Roguelike fans: Are Cryptark and/or Unexplored worth it at only 20% off?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

wuppo was one of my favorite games of 2016, a game in the style of the old freeware hit Untitled Story, it's an overflowingly-charming open world game where you are kicked out of your apartment and adventure around an extremely cute land. $6

This game looks great and up my alley from just the first steam trailer, thanks for the recommendation

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How are Dex and Shadowrun: Hong Kong for Cyberpunk Fun?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Grapplejack posted:

You can drop gungeon, imo.

This, Gungeon is a bit divisive and you already have Isaac on there

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I can't get past Stage 5 of Pharaoh Rebirth :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

batch #3:

giveaway #3: Undertale

respond to this and I'll send you a PM with a gift link

Not interested in the giveaway but do you have a Steam Curator page or something? I'm pretty much just stalking your posts for indie gems in this thread at this point

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

i stopped updating the steam curator page years ago although i do have a game playthrough channel but I play both good and mediocre games on it (while talking over it). it mostly exists to motivate me to beat my games. there's around 140 game playthroughs on there now

Thanks! This will help drain my wallet and bloat my backlog

With all the fallout talk I'm going to suggested WASTED again: http://store.steampowered.com/app/327510/WASTED/

If you liked exploring FO3/4 vaults you'll probably like that

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Shrouded in Sanity and Magic Wand piqued my interest on reddit's hidden gem list. They're dirt cheap but I just wanted to make sure neither of them is in the "you have to pay me to play this" level of bad

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How's Bastard Bonds? The only thing I know about it is "strategy RPG with sexy dudes"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This is my first time buying stuff in a steam sale since xmas 2015 and I swear some stuff was cheaper then. Has this been a trend recently and will stuff not get deeper discounts in the fall/winter sales?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Kin posted:

Someone tell me something horribly annoying about Dark Souls 3. I'm on the verge of buying it but have a load of good games in my backlog already.

It's extremely linear compared to all the other games in the series. There's only about 3 times you can choose your path but the game will force you to do the other path eventually

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I mostly buy indie games during sales and even those seem to not have as big discounts. I had a "buy when it's $5 or less" rule but a lot of stuff I expected to be at that price point are at $6.79 or $7.50 and most of them are a couple of years old

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Too Shy Guy posted:

I'm just speculating but price points for the last year or so have felt very deliberate among big names and indies alike.

Okay that makes sense, right up until refunds and them killing flash/daily deals there was a definite uniform 6 months old = half off, a year old = 75%+ off discount that everyone did for their games

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Seeric posted:

obscure stuff

This is awesome and I put Creepy Castle on my wishlist. I've been scouring all the video game discussion forums I can think of looking for super obscure stuff since I've already played stuff that gets recommended over and over like Hollow Knight

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I don't know anything about this game but I instantly recoil/navigate away when I see stock RPGMaker graphics...but for some reason the screenshots of that look really pleasing to me and I added the game to my cart

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Someone posted an early access action RPG that was a straight vanillaware art style/Dragon's Crown ripoff down to big titty anime protagonist, I don't remember name but it was in this thread iirc

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
In my quest to fill my cart with every obscure game that looks interesting to me I found an isometric claymation RPG called Don't Open the Doors! Anyone have an opinion on it?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Kragger99 posted:

Edit: on another note, Bundlestars has a deal on Monster Slayers (Complete Ed.) - it's a deck-building game with good reviews. The price (which is lower than Steams price) also includes all the DLC. And you get an additional 5% off with RED5 code.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/monster-slayers-complete-edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/496620/Monster_Slayers/

Edit #2 - VVV beaten! VVV

Jumped on this, thanks! I know Dream Quest is the cream of the crop of deck-building RPGs but I can't stand the art so maybe this will jive with me better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Skeleton King posted:

I'm considering a few games, but I don't know if I want to buy them.
Rain World- I actually bought this game, but refunded it because I could not get it to run on my computer. I heard it is also on PS4, but now I need to know if it is good enough to justify paying the regular price.

I love Rain World but I'm going to say not yet. The PS4 gets the patches at a glacial pace (the first patch came out 4 months after the PS4 version), they're adding difficulty modes but I don't think that's going to be enough to win back people because the main problem were the random enemy spawns. The game also always requires an extremely specific mindset: you will always be a prey animal, "life is suffering" Buddhist thinking

• Locked thread