Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kragger99 posted:

It's easier said then done, but if you can group your wanted games into one of the following categories, only buy the ones in the first category this sale, and buy the ones in the second during the winter sale:
1. "I'm definitely going to play this within the next 6 months!!!"
2. "I really want to play this, but not sure that I'll get to it in the next 6 months"
Huh. I've got 35 games on my wishlist. 20 or so are games I fully intend to play, 10 or so are just... there... and exactly one game that I intend to play the moment I get it.

(It's the first game on the wishlist, because I obsessively adjust said wishlist to account for how much I want the play each game)

Too Shy Guy posted:

I've been putting all my time into adventure games this month but I was dead-set on getting this out before the sale, because Hollow Knight really is something incredible. I'm going to try to do it justice but the short version is that it took the metroidvania and Dark Souls formulas and made something that's better than both in a lot of ways.
Man, I keep buying the latest highly-recommended metrovidania, only to rediscover that I suck at platforming and platformer combat.

StrixNebulosa posted:

G2A and the russian mafia, basically. Yes, they were losing that much money.
But those sell KEYS, and have asolutely nothing to do with the lovely new gifting restrctions?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

PrincessPANTS posted:

It's time for me to surface just long enough to go: "Ugh. Add me on steam or twitter. I might buy you something. I might not".
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Natsia/
Twitter: @SnarkIncarnate

BIG EDITS: I can only send to ZAR goons. Regional Price Differences ....
My first instinct is still to go "join the Gift Train!"

Except we don't have one. gently caress you Gaben. What was the point of this lovely gifting change?

In other depressing (yet predictable) news, Trails in the Sky 3 is only down 10%.

Come the gently caress on. Second Chapter PC port flopped hard. Do some discounts, get the word out.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

For some reason, I have Dead State, Magic Circle and Mimpi Dreams on my wishlist. Can anyone tell me whether these are any good?

Scratch that - can anyone tell me what these games even are? Because I seriously have no recollection of placing them on my wishlist, much less learning anything about them.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

bumblingbee posted:

Has gifting across regions been removed as well?

Because I'm looking to get an uncensored version of the Wolfenstein games.
Oh yeah. Same deal, except - any version of Wolfenstein Old Blood / 2. Apparently someone in... steam region censorship management... or whatever, is under the impression that Israel frowns upon killing nazis.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

It may have been a government ban, I think, looking over some papers over the concentration camp segment.
As far as I can tell, our government is not particularly aware of the very concept of video games, much less of the need or ability to censor them. Physical copies of Wolfenstein were available in stores, and I assume the same will be true for Wolfenstein 2. It's just...

Someone (and it annoys me that I've asked the question repeatedly, yet no one actually knows who or how or why) - some person or group of persons on steam who decide "yeah, nah", and have no need to explain nor justify their decision, much less provide an avenue for appeal.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Nier yes or no
The original? Yes.

Automata? Very yes.

Goddamit.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Firelizard posted:

Looking for some good, goon recommended point and click/adventure games.
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet.

Samuringa posted:

I nabbed a foil card which earned me some extra cash, is there any notable five bucks game that slipt under the radar? I'm considering Sorcery! 1+2 but am wondering if there might be anything I missed.
Do it. Can't recommend the Sorcery series enough. Part 1 is a bit less great than the rest, but it's mostly there to get you used to the mechanics and style.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

Also, there must be a ton of mystery or hidden object games on sale right now. What are the best of those? I specifically like horror or sci-fi in these types of games.

I've reviewed a bunch earlier. HOG stories are... not necessarily their best feature, but Engimatis 2-3 is pretty good.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Char posted:

Ok, I need some goon opinions here.
I've bought pretty much everything I wanted - well, almost. I revised my cart more than once.
There's room for a final 20-25€ game.
There's three competing games left. Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny and Divinity: Original Sin.
Which one did you prefer and why?
Divinity apparently has very inventive and interesting gameplay - co-op, even - but really bad wannabe funny writing.

Tyranny, by all accounts, has really good writing, in the Obsidian traditions.

I didn't care for either the combat nor (what little I saw of) the story in Pillars.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Think the steam sale is boring? About done with your shopping? Come check out the gift train thread and spread joy amongst fellow goons.

Pretend I dug up and posted a pic of someone gifting me like 200$ worth of games, because that actually happened.

Or maybe you'll be the one to gift someone their entire wishlist, I don't judge.

(Unless you have 200 games on your wishlist and post "yeah, I'm only accepting stuff in the top 10". Then I'll judge you hard)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Drox Operative has a demo that'll let you know if you like the game or not.
Westerado also has a free to play "demo" version on the adult swim site.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Saxophone posted:

Should I pay the buck and a half extra for Regular Mount and Blade?
No. Warbands is literally Mount and Blade 2.0, and you're missing absolutely nothing by starting with it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Which of these had a completed mod porting the game into Skyrim?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Ghetto Prince posted:

Anyway, is AssCreed: Rogue worth :10bux:?
Do you really want more Black Flag gameplay?

Freedom Cry exists.

Do you want even more Black Flag gameplay, on ice? Sure.

Interested in the story? Maybe not so much.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Nettle Soup posted:

Cook Serve Delicious - The best HIT ALL THE BUTTONS FAST game. Not sure how CSD2 is gonna pan out, but warily looking forward to it.
You (generic you) should play one of the Delicious games instead. Slightly more about planning than reflexes, you don't get your whole day ruined with one mistake, and there's a pretty good sitcom plot to follow.

Or play Heart's Medicine if you really love your minigames.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Which Delicious would you recommend first? Or are they all interchangeable?
I only played 2 (message in a bottle and new beginning) thus far + Heart's Medicine: a time to heal.

Message in a Bottle has a very... interesting plot. I started with that, and did not regret anything. New Beginning is the first game post reboot, and it has some issues. Not major issues, just basic UI stuff that gets ironed out in later games.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Oh yeah - if you end up buying any of these, go into the game directory and delete everything in the "brand" (or "branding" forgot which) directory. Skips the 15 seconds of logos every time you start the game. Particularly handy if you only play 1-2 levels at a time.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Sorry for the predictably nerdy answer, but:
Final Fantasy. 6-7-9-10.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Blattdorf posted:

Actually do consider buying IS Defense, it's a surprisingly well-made endless defense game.
Is supporting every single goddamned neo-nazi part of the MAGA code?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Blattdorf posted:

People can make up their own minds on this matter.
On the matter of supporting neo-nazis? Yeah, sure.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Sounds like Xander77 already thought for you. They know better.
On the matter of supporting neo-nazis? Yeah.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is there a way to check what I got during the sale, gifts and purchases both?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Doesn't include gifts you've received, but "license activations" in the same section does that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

One last chance to get on the gift train before the sale is over:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824602

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gift train sucked, sale sucked, gently caress you gaben :/

Let's hope they come up with a smarter way to battle third party sites and lift some of the restrictions before the Winter sale :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

For the sale I didn't buy too much, but I did pick up the Spiderweb Games bundle.

I've heard good things about these games, and even though the graphics look really dated, there's something about the aesthetic I just find charming as hell. Here goes!
'k, so:

The Genforge 1 LP just finished, and reading it is a lot more interesting than trying to play the game yourself.

The way XP gain works in Avernum, the various "less xp, better stats" perks are actually worth it.

Use the party size mod for Avadon. Seriously - you're not going to replay the game twice to get all the companion content otherwise, and it makes the combat a lot more interesting. Bump the difficulty up to Hard if you really feel uncomfortable "cheating".

• Locked thread